Search results

1. stereo_dog

Pioneer CT-F9191 issues.

I just pulled back out my Pioneer CT-F9191 from a five year storage (boxed in a heated area, boxed up when we moved from our old house). When I put a tape in, press play, units comes on and tape plays for roughly 4 or 5 seconds, then stops playing. Same for the FF & REW functions. I imagine the...
  2. stereo_dog

Sansui G-9000 phono issues.

I have a Sansui G-9000 that I've been having some phono issues with. The unit has been humming along without an issue for several months, now. Last week I decided to connect a turntable to it for the fist time in several years. Connected a TT, played several albums, no issues. The next day...
  3. stereo_dog

Having some issues with a recently acquired Sansui 9090DB

I "inherited" a Sansui 9090DB from a friend a few weeks ago, unit was/is pretty dirty, was in a garage environment most of it's life. Brought it home, plugged it in connected it to a cheap pair of speakers, and it had all kinds of static, drop-out in sound, etc. etc. Took it apart, cleaned all...
  4. stereo_dog

Yamaha NS-1000 speakers

Any thoughts on these NS-1000 speakers? Are they worth the asking price of $625.00? http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/ele/3654985265.html For posterity: Yamaha NS-1000 Studio Monitor/Speaker Pair - $625 (NW Fort Wayne) image 1 image 2 image 3 image 4 Pair of Yamaha NS-1000 Studio...
  5. stereo_dog

Any idea what these speakers might be?

Found this on the local CL: http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/ele/3599055684.html Can anyone ID these speakers? For posterity: Pair of floor model speakers - $225 (Ft Wayne) A pair of very nice speakers,they are powerful! solid wood,your neighbors would be able to hear your music...
  6. stereo_dog

arcorob, good dealings.

I had a couple of recent transactions with arcorob (Rob) on BT, and both went very well. All items were as good or better than advertised and the shipping was fast. Rob's a great guy to deal with. :thmbsp::thmbsp:
  7. stereo_dog

Klipschorn Vintage 1977 Corner Speakers - $3000

Found this looking throught the Fort Wayne, IN CL, this morning: http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/ele/3560389836.html "Klipschorn Vintage 1977 Corner Speakers - $3000 Two Klipschorn speakers 1978 in excellent working condition one owner Birch Wood Stained Mahogney with...
  8. stereo_dog

Good dealings with TomInTacoma

Just received my racklight from Tom in lightening speed! :thmbsp: Light works great and it was an easy, pleasant transaction. Many thanks. :yes:
  9. stereo_dog

Which JBL? C35?

Looking for information on the speakers on this CL ad: http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/eld/3396435525.html Maybe C35 cabinets? They have the D130, 15" woofers.... I've seen & heard these, very nice, but they only have a 70's receiver connected, tuner, only. It was hard to get a good "feel"...
  10. stereo_dog

SoundsAlike good buying experience.

Bought (3) unopened TDK cassette tapes from SoundsAlike (Nick), he gave me a great deal and shipped them fast and secure. :thmbsp: Thanks again, Nick. :yes:
  11. stereo_dog

Good dealings with JohnInICT

Just purchased a couple of Beatles RTR's from John. Arrived as promised, great condition and sound wonderful. Thanks for the tapes. :thmbsp:
  12. stereo_dog

jt4me1, great experience.

Picked up a Teac 2A mixer from John. He offered it for a very good price, it was packed well and arrived in great shape. All-around good dealings with jt4me1! :thmbsp: Thanks
  13. stereo_dog

Sansui SC-3100G tape deck in the house.

Just wanted to share, I picked a a very good condition SC-3100G cassette deck to go with my G-9000 receiver a week or so ago. Needed belts (capstan belt was goo...). Got them changed out yesterday, Deoxit cleaned all switches, RCA's etc. Completed it with Faderlube and cleaned the heads. Popped...
  14. stereo_dog

Jolida JD 302B tube integrated, any thoughts?

Looking for opinions and/or thoughts on the Jolida JD 302B integrated amplifier. I've read some good and some bad, the bad being cheap output iron and crappy boards. Anyone have experience with this amp one way or another? :scratch2: Thanks.
  15. stereo_dog

Rapidan

Had a great experience dealing with Paul on a bulk tape eraser. Yet another great AK buying experience. :thmbsp:
  16. stereo_dog

spartanmanor

Just wanted to say thanks for the Eric Clapton and Bruce Springsteen vinyl I purchased from David. Vinyl was well-packed, shipped quickly and in great condition. :thmbsp:
  17. stereo_dog

dodog

Bought some John Cougar & Alice Cooper albums from Joel (dodog). Albums were great, and they were packed well for shipping. Thanks. Another good AK experience. :thmbsp:
  18. stereo_dog

euchrid

Just picked up a Carver SD/A 390t tubed CD player from Anthony (euchrid), it was as he said it would be, great condition. He shipped it quickly and it was packed very well. A good experience. :thmbsp:
  19. stereo_dog

1koolcat

Just wanted to comment on a good deal completed with 1koolcat. Bought some speaker cable, it was exactly what he said it was, and was shipped quickly & safely. :thmbsp: Thanks.
  20. stereo_dog

Anyone going from Davenport Iowa to Indiana?

Trying to buy a pair of Bozak 302a's in Davenport, but need to get them to Indiana. I could meet somewhere up to 2.5 hours from Fort Wayne, Indiana. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :thmbsp:
  21. stereo_dog

New to me Yamaha Stack

These acquisitions have been discussed in a couple of threads, but thought I would post a quick (and somewhat crappy) picture of my new Yamaha stack. Anchored by the M-2 amp, purchased here on AK from cdfac, re-built and sounding great. Controlled by the C-4, purchased here on AK from...
  22. stereo_dog

Yamaha separates matching.

OK, I just picked a C-4 preamp to go with my M-2 amplifier. Now, I'm looking for a matching cassette deck and tuner. I'm not very familiar with the Yamaha separates from this time period, so, can anyone fill me in on what components match the amp & preamp. Preferably from the same time period...
  23. stereo_dog

Isotonic - good dealings

A long overdue feedback for Isotonic... purchased a pair of JM Labs Focal 706s speakers from John a while back and just wanted to relay how the transaction went. John was extremely helpful in answering my questions during my design-making process. Once I committed to buying, the speakers were...
  24. stereo_dog

butch4695

Just bought some Dynaco drivers off of Butch, and wanted to say it was a great transaction. The drivers were shipped quickly and were packed extremely well to survive transit. Overall a great experience. :thmbsp: Thanks again. Joe
  25. stereo_dog

Testing a cartridge and stylus

I had a accident the other night, and lost the left channel output on my Empire TT. I'm thinking that the cartridge is damaged? Is there anyway to check the continuity of the cart. outputs? Thanks for your help.
Back
Top Bottom