Search results

1. eteller

Cincinati Chili

So I've always been curious about those $4 cans of Skyline chili in Kroger and finally broke down and got one. Never been to Cincinnati so this was new to me, but I'm no stranger to Greek hot dog chili. Made it last night, a 'three way'. Chili, cheese and onions over thin spaghetti. I gotta say...
  2. eteller

Marmite/Vegemite

So we sat around the house yesterday watching You Tube videos. Lately I've been watching this channel "The Wolfe Pit" where the guy tries different foods and he tried Vegemite and like it. We can't get it here but we can get Marmite at Kroger so I bought a jar. Just had it for breakfast spread...
  3. eteller

Amazon Unlimited via Denon Heos

So I got a new Denon AVR, with my turntable attached to the aux input it sounds decent and for home theater it's phenomenal. My issue is I'm trying Amazon Unlimited though it via the built in Heos which I like because I can control it via Alexa. The problem is the sound quality sucks, lifeless...
  4. eteller

Favorite Frozen Pizza

What's your's? I know frozen pizza is not real pizza but sometimes I get cheap and lazy. Walmart sells a Motor City pizza that is darn good and Aldi just got in Home Run Inn pizza which was better than most chain delivery pizza.
  5. eteller

dsd-7 rocks!!!

I cannot say enough good things about this guy. I bought a Pro-ject 5.1SE turntable from him and it arrived in PERFECT condition. I am seriously OCD about my gear and this is as described in perfect condition and he even shipped it priority mail! Great Ak'er.
  6. eteller

karmanfamily has good family values

Good guy to deal with, bought some cables from Raymond which arrived on time in good nick.
  7. eteller

ehoove is awesome!

Picked up a power cord from him, it arrived quickly in perfect condition. Great guy!
  8. eteller

Wharfedale Diamond 250's or Reva 3's

Currently running a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 10.2 bookshelves. They are great but I need more bass so I'm looking at floor standers to play a variety of rock and metal, anyone have any experience with either of the above?
  9. eteller

HDMI Cables

Can O' Worms # 4230000 here. SO my kids broke the screen on my LG 4K tv. No one is admitting to it. I went a few days and was gonna punish the family longer with no TV but a sweet deal came up on a Samsung 70" 4K from a girl at work who is moving, I could not pass it up. My previous setup used...
  10. eteller

1K budget for floor standers what would you buy?

So I have a nice little vinyl only compact system in a medium size room, components include: Project Debut Carbon DC with acrylic platter Ortofon 2m Blue Project DS+ phono pre Nordost and AQ cables Emotiva A100 amp This is currently powering a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 10.2's bookshelves. It...
  11. eteller

ifi Audio AC Purifier

I've been out of audio for a while but when I decided to get back in I wanted the simplest purest analog system possible. Reluctantly I added a Amazon Echo connected via a Schitt Sys as a passive pre but other than that it's just a turntable. I've had great results with component isolation and...
  12. eteller

Illbehave is a good guy

Bought some Nordost cables from him. Delivered promptly at a great price, good cables to boot.
  13. eteller

My bass went bye bye

So I recently picked up a pair of Wharfdale Diamond 10.2 bookshelves from a fellow AK'er. They sound great on a set of Sanus stands, nice and warm, bigger than a book shelf should. As an experiment I decided to fill the stands with kitty litter, about 15lbs fit and sticky tack the speakers to...
  14. eteller

Audioquest cables with DBS

Anybody got em' thoughts? I'm putting together a small system and just swapped a Evergreen from pre to amp with a Big Sur and the wife heard the difference, I've heard the cables with DBS are impressive. I want advice before I drop $259 on a 0.6m Victoria.
  15. eteller

manu et deo did me right!

Bought a pair of Wharfdale 10.2's from him. They arrived in excellent condition as described in a timely manner. Could not ask for more!
  16. eteller

HK PA2100 Right Channel Goes Out

I have a nice PA2100 Signature series amp. Every day when I turn it on the right channel is out, fiddle with it a little by unplugging the patch cables on the pre amp and hit the center pin to the outer shield and it will come on and stay on for the rest of the day but it's been getting worse. I...
  17. eteller

Keep Technics SL-D3 or get Pro-ject Debut Carbon?

So I sold my 1200 and Project RM 9 a few years back. Decided to get back into vinyl and I have my starter table a SL-D3 modded with new cables and 7lbs. of clay stuffed in the plinth. I gave it to my kid with a new Ortofon Omega on it, she never used it and didn't trash the Omega. So I traded...
  18. eteller

I'm Baaack! Need upgrade advice

So after a three year hiatus, selling most gear and 1200 albums in 2015 I'm back as a subscriber. I had lost my job and sold stuff to pay off some bills ,I went to a HK bluetooth speaker and that got old so I traded it to my daughter for a Techincs SL-D3 I gave her. I'm in the process of...
  19. eteller

mhardy6647 is a fine AKer!

I was looking for a HK CDP, he had one. He tested it, bought a box to double box it and shipped it to me, only asking for reimbursement of said shipping costs. I tried to paypal him and he would not accept a dime till it arrived safely, which it did due to the excellent packing job on his part...
  20. eteller

Shure V15 RS

Got a NIB Shure V15 type RS cartridge, complete with everything. What's she worth? Never had any Shure stuff before.
  21. eteller

Picked up a HK Five Twenty

Went to the flea market Satuday picked up a HK Five Twenty, looked ugly but the guy said he was listening to it the night before, so I took a chance. Also scored a pair of Baby Advent II's from the same guy. The HK cleaned up beautiful and was cherry under the hood, fired it up with the...
  22. eteller

Got a pair of HK CL's

Picked em up on ebay new for $40. Did i do good? Have not got here yet so I have to give them a listen. Will be interesting to compare with my daughters Sennheiser HD229's.
  23. eteller

Healthy Salad Dressing Recipes?

Anyone got a good one that don't taste like crap. All the commercial 'lite' dressings I've tried taste like ass. Been eating a lot of salads here recently and the cheap ranch dressing I'm currently using up is kinda defeating the purpose. BTW not a fan of balsamic vinegar.
  24. eteller

Help me lower my triglycerides

Seems I've been a little too free and loose with the Wright brand bacon, beer, and fast food lunches here lately. My new doc called with my blood test results and while I have not seen the test on paper the nurse said my triglycerides were "through the roof". Switched to salads for lunch and...
  25. eteller

Best way to cook steak indoors

Help! Got two steaks for Valentine's dinner, shoveled two feet of snow of my deck to get to my Weber. Found no charcoal grate, must have dumped it last time I emptied the grill in the trash can. So, gotta do this inside. Last time I used a red hot cast iron skillet and put the steaks in and put...
Back
Top Bottom