Search results

1. Sound Dragon

What current production 12ax7s do you recommend?

With the current state of vintage tubes being what it is. And the whole Russian tube fiasco and its impact on inventory. And the Chinese having their own challenges. What current tube would you consider a wise purchase for 12ax7 tubes?
  2. Sound Dragon

Anyone have a decent primer on SPU cartridges?

For me at least. This is an undiscovered country that I am hesitant to explore due to lack of knowledge. I figured that some of the folks here would have experience with and knowledge in this range of carts. In the interest of learning, anyone care to share?
  3. Sound Dragon

Requesting Input from Forum Members After 2023 Update

Just want to come here and say thank you to the Admin staff and owners of AK. As someone in the IT industry, I appreciate and admire all the hard work and effort that goes into such an enormous endeavor. Your dedication is seen and very much appreciated.
  4. Sound Dragon

Does a Y splitter input affect signal/sound?

What is the impact on the input if a y split adapter is used to plug in two sources? This assumes that only one source is being used at a time. Is there a degradation to the input?
  5. Sound Dragon

NY Audio Show September 9 - 10 2022

Is anyone else going? Just curious as I know I have met up with @Supercool! and @GD70 n years past.
  6. Sound Dragon

Are most Orsonic AV headshells fake?

And if they are, are they at least decent fakes? Anyone have experience with buying one of the “NOS” ones? I am kind of curious myself and wanted to see if anyone already covered this ground.
  7. Sound Dragon

The Denafrips Terminator, II and Plus thread

Starting our own club as we are getting the side eye (sarcasm) from the other Denafrips Dac owners. I am on week 2 of having the Terminator II here and I have to say that I am really impressed by it. I wasn’t sure if it was staying or just passing through. But I think it may remain for a good...
  8. Sound Dragon

Gridslayer helped me dim the lights!

I just want to shout out an awesome seller and AK’er @Gridslayer. I put out a WTB and he delivered beyond my expectations. Thank you so much! I am beyond pleased. The amp is everything I asked for and more.
  9. Sound Dragon

Skylab is still in Orbit!

Scooped up a R2R from @Skylab, and could not be happier with the purchase. Packed to withstand the new found destructive efforts of shippers these days and arriving faster than many others. I am very pleased. Thanks bud!
  10. Sound Dragon

What advice would you give a newbie starting out in Audio?

I am curious what the collective knowledge base here would advise for someone starting out from scratch? I have helped a few folks get started through the years and most of them are still listening today. Anyone have some wisdom they would like to share?
  11. Sound Dragon

Cyrus Phono Signature: A review.

This will be a multipart entry that I hope will develop as Carts and accessories change. The Cyrus Phono Signature A jewel in the crown of my Vinyl playback chain. The Cyrus Phono signature has been a truly revelatory addition. After deciding to bring the Analog playback capabilities of my...
  12. Sound Dragon

HighFI.ED Does it again!!!

Bought a feikert protractor from Ed and a Fozgometer. Happiest Dragon on long Island! I will not hessitate to recommend him as a seller. Top notch. Thanks so much.
  13. Sound Dragon

HighFI.ED hooked me up!

Sold me some IsoAcoustic Orea's. Love them, and Ed made the whole transaction easy. Thanks bud. Cannot wait for the next thing....
  14. Sound Dragon

Xbart sold me a cart

I was looking for options and @xbart came through with exactly what I was looking for. Great communication and great transaction all around. Thanks bud!
  15. Sound Dragon

Whell whell whell

Bought a ps audio power regenerator From @whell and am super pleased with the purchase. Packed well and shipped fast. Will do business with him again. Thanks so much.
  16. Sound Dragon

gregj delivers

Was looking for the complete dishwasher set in the display case with the zero star gun. Well not only did Greg sell me his, it’s complete and mint and was shipped to me in the best manner to ensure that it is now here, complete and pretty. Thanks Greg! I hope to return the favor some day! Buy...
  17. Sound Dragon

PJRENGINEER is A EQ!

Or is that A ok? Either way, The EQ I bought was minty fresh and in awesome condition. It was the cherry on top of the cake for my system. Thanks so much! Packed to survive the trip and arrived quickly. Could not have asked for a smoother transaction.
  18. Sound Dragon

JBLNUT is Nuts!

Nuts for selling me this sweet Spectral Cart! It is really something special. Packed with care and shipped promptly. Buy with confidence. Thanks So much!
  19. Sound Dragon

My Prodigal Technics SP-10 MkII all done!! FINALLY!!!

After many months (years?)......a lot of time, Money, sweat and tears. My Technics SP-10 MkII is done. Refurbished inside and out, recapped along with a LED strobe. Custom Name badge, not to mention the beautiful hand built Plinth from Larry at Vintage Analog Restoration. All standing on ISO...
  20. Sound Dragon

Can the Vinyl Veterans recommend me a record brush

As the title states. Which brush is recommended? I am looking for something that is attainable and preferably currently produced.
  21. Sound Dragon

Plinius Hautonga Integrated Amplifier

I have been on a self-imposed and strategic retreat from higher-end gear lately. After building what I consider the finest system to date, with Pass labs and Goldmund as well as Mytek and a few companies who’s gear graced my system. I have come to a place where I want to focus more on Music and...
  22. Sound Dragon

RIP Ken Ishiwata 1947-2019

This is indeed sad news. https://www.whathifi.com/us/news/ken-ishiwata-legendary-hi-fi-figure-dies-aged-72
  23. Sound Dragon

JBL L-200’s in Flushing New York

They are listed on eBay. I need another project like I need another hole in my head. And these do look like a project. Price seems a bit steep considering what they need to be brought back from their current state. But I thought maybe someone may be interested in them? Heck, It’s not that far...
  24. Sound Dragon

The New York Audio Show Nov 8th to 10th

For those that are thinking of attending and perhaps those that would like to meet up? Park Lane Hotel 36 Central Park South New York NY 10019 https://www.chestergroup.org/newyorkaudioshow/2019 I plan on attending that Saturday.
  25. Sound Dragon

Who is the go to Kenwood tech?

With echowars on an extended walk about. Who is the go to tech for a Kenwood KA-9100 restoration/preventative maintenance? As someone who has no real skill, and very little time, and no desire to damage a working amp. Who do you guys recommend?
Back
Top Bottom