Search results

1. P

Anyone here collects old computers?

I collect mostly Apple equipment, from the Apple II+, IIe, IIgs, Mac portable, PowerBook 100 through todays iMacs Still have my first computer, the IBM PC I years ago I used Atari computers to run some some woodworking X-Y-Z tables. I would change the joystick port to output and...
  2. P

Broken Marantz 6350Q Turntable?

Check ebay etc. for the value of parts such as headshell, feet etc. I know parts for the Marantz 6300, which looks similar, go for decent money.
  3. P

So clean, you can eat off it

They were going to use the safe as a "2nd gun safe" Makes me want to go meet them with cash in my pocket....
  4. P

Beatles CED video disc?

I have two CED players I found at thrift shops this year. Both work surprisingly well for their age. It is amazing that RCA figured out how to get all the information needed for video and audio on a vinyl disc. About 5 years back I bought a box of CED movies without a player. I...
  5. P

Not a Subscriber yet? Contest for you!!!

I'm in Thanks
  6. P

Thrift Store Records that NOBODY wants

How about entire collections of Polka music? or German beer drinking songs.
  7. P

Well this should draw some pretty intense competitive bidding

Does it work to report anything to eBay? I reported a computer auction with a $1 Buy-It-Now with $700+ shipping. I got a automated Thank You from eBay, but the auction was allowed to run its course. Surprise, surprise, the item did not sell.
  8. P

Do you/would you use a universal remote?

I just bought a Harmony 520 for use with a Nakamichi TA-SA receiver. Original Nakamichi remotes or really cheap universal remotes for a 1988 receiver are hard to find. It cost $35 + shipping new, supports NAK setup via the Logitech web interface, and I can use it for other equipment too...
  9. P

Can anyone suggest a remote that will work a Nak Ta-2a?

I picked up a Nakamichi TA-2A unit today. Seems to work just fine. I'd like to get a remote for it; one on-line places sells a replacement remote for $50. Since that is 5X what I paid for the unit, I wondered if anyone knows of a cheaper and/or universal remote that works with the...
  10. P

Electrostatic speakers, Bertagni SM250 - $100

The full name of the company is "Bertagni Electroacoustic Systems" (BES) Perhaps the middle word confused the lister.
  11. P

THis is what I love about people selling vinyl...

A GW I frequent put out a stack of vinyl at $10 each. The cashier said some were sold during the day. More power to them if they get the price. Most of the remaining $10 stack are Linda Ronstadt etc. in average condition. I did give a little soapbox speech suggesting the IF they think...
  12. P

I don't believe I saw a guy stealing basil leaves at the grocery !

No, I didn't tell the manager. The guy was very obvious, and I know they have security cameras and staff. I have family members in retail management, what they can do in these situations is limited.
  13. P

I don't believe I saw a guy stealing basil leaves at the grocery !

Is there anything people will not steal, in front of their kids no less. Absolutely trivial monetarily, but still. This guy with two young teen daughters is walking through the produce section with a bunch of rhubarb. They also sell live herb plants. So the guy reaches into two basil...
  14. P

Nice thrift store find-- Mitsubishi and Grado

I'm the guy with the LT-22 in the thread linked above. I really like how mine sounds straight from the thrift without any fix up at all. Ashfan's unit is in better shape with the Grado cartridge. I haven't found much info on my Audio Technica 50MC cartridge. I think it is a...
  15. P

Thrift find: Linear Mitsubishi LT-22 with Audio Technica 50MC Cartridge

Hi Folks; I found a Misubishi LT-22 Linear Turntable with an Audio Technica cartridge marked 50MC at a thrift for $7.00. Somewhat to my surprise; it works rather well. Would anyone have any info on the cartridge itself or a suitable replacement stylus. Thanks Paul
  16. P

Maybe they can use the $25 for HookedOnPhonics...

Around 1971, I put had an ad in the paper selling my 1965 Pontiac Grand Prix I received calls wanting info on the Grand Prick I miss that car, it was sort of purple, but that could have been the primer layer; I'm not sure what the top coat really was. It was a two door but I could fit...
  17. P

What's the weirdest record you own?

I have an LP titled something like " How to Teach Your Parrot to Talk" Unfortunately I only have the english version, I believe it was also released in French and Spanish.
  18. P

Thriftstore Finds..What did you find this week?

On a whim I picked up a pair of TimeFrame TF700 speakers in what looked like "fair" condition for $30. As I was putting them in the car I notice that they have been "modified". At least 1 speaker has an extra woofer installed. Yes, I should pay more attention. I'm still driving around...
  19. P

Hey who remembers Korvette's Discount Store???

I remember a Two Guys in what I think was Hanover NJ. I grew up down the road in Livingston NJ. I also remember the Korvettes chain. And Grants I'm feeling old now....
  20. P

Can I use a low cost car DC-AC inverter to power vintage solid state?

I want to be able to demo some modest low end audio stuff taking up space in a storage garage. I discovered I have no 110v power at the garage. I see car DC to AC inverters with 200 - 300 watt ratings sold for under $30. Any risk using these to briefly demo stuff as long as the total...
  21. P

Radio Shack Wireless

I bought one of these Radio Shack transmitters a while back, also on sale real cheap. I found it handy for sending audio from my iMac to my stereo. I the only down side was a tendency for other wireless devices to interfere. Changing frequency usually helped.
  22. P

Would anyone have info or opinion on a Scott Stereomaster 377?

Thanks Kent... Yep, says Maynard Mass. on the back. Unfortunately the AM/FM section does not work at this time. I do have some hope that some deoxit would help. As an amp both channels seem to work, the phono section has a lot of noise but also worked. It will be another project...
  23. P

It looks more like the 342 on top, I've attached a couple pictures. One interesting feature is left and right microphone jacks. Thanks for the help Paul
  24. P

I found a Scott Stereomaster 377 at a thrift outlet that set me back less than $5. I've Googled and searched here, but haven't found significant info on this model. It is sold state, has the Scott FET logo which I assume applies to the front end. As an amp for my computer iTunes, it...
  25. P

Goodwill: Some people have NO ethics

Customers steal from thrifts all the time, I often suggest to staff and managers that small electronic stuff, heads on turntables, power adapters, remote controls etc be kept at the counter with a note left on the item. Usually they are too busy to care, or just accept the theft as "normal".
Back
Top Bottom