Search results

1. S

Amp recap (audio grade caps)

Yes, it is 47uF for sure.
  2. S

I bought them from Banzai Music GmbH, and I think they are original. I'll wait for break-in time.
  3. S

Hi. At the moment, I just replaced the caps "6" in the figure (input) with Elna Silmic II 47uF/50V. The sound changed a lot, but for the worse, it got harsh and lost body I already read something about cap burn-in/break-in, and some saying that Elna Silmic need 100 hours to settle. Is this...
  4. S

Nichicon 6800uf x 50V value is available at FW only. What about the Epcos B41505, rated for outstanding ripple current capability and Low ESR? https://www.tdk-electronics.tdk.com/inf/20/30/db/aec/B41505.pdf
  5. S

In fact, I don't know if I will replace the main caps cause they have been replaced for some time. The ones there are 6800uF/50V Nichicon FW, what do you think? http://www.nichicon.co.jp/english/products/pdfs/e-fw.pdf
  6. S

OK, so my updated list is 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 13, 14. It seems that only the protection circuit doesn't matter that much. Thanks.
  7. S

I don't know why, but I can see the pic here. The link: http://oi66.tinypic.com/2f09jb7.jpg
  8. S

Hi. Thanks for all replies. I already searched and found nothing. Sorry, I don't understand electronics well to follow the audio path. My question would be more regarding the protection circuit caps (8~12) and the 4 and 5 caps (servo?). Do they have impact in the audio signal and require audio...
  9. S

Hello. Please, see pic below. I want to fully recap my amplifier and would like to know which electrolytic caps have an influence on the audio signal, so that I put better ones/audio grade ones in its place. I think caps 1, 2, 6, 7, 13 and 14 are some. I'm in doubt about the rest. Could anyone...
  10. S

Sansui AU Alpha 707MR total recap: Elna Silmic II or Nichicon

Well, since the transformer is largely responsible for the Sansui alpha sonority, what would be the importance of the transformer needed to lower the voltage to 100V (voltage in Japan only)? How many kVA? Auto or isolated transformer? Toroidal or EI? Grain oriented or Non grain oriented steel...
  11. S

Very interesting. I always see amplifiers being "judged" by the amount of capacitance: the more, the better... And I've been intrigued for a long time with the Sansui alpha, which, in addition to having modest capacitance value, also combined capacitors of different brands and values, in...
  12. S

Thanks! BTW, would you know what secret behind the choice of PS reservoir caps by Sansui? For example, the alpha 707MR power supply has a 5600uF and a 8200uF main caps (total 13800uF only). That story that "the more, the better", does not seem to make sense to the Sansui designer. The lower...
  13. S

I realize this, this adjustment keeps wobbling... For what reason this adjustment does not stabilize?
  14. S

Even better, I won't mess with the main filter caps! Only the boards caps! Thanx, @czubsi!
  15. S

Thanx, @czubsi! Yes, I intend to keep Sansui's soul. Therefore, I will only use Silmic II in all locations, even in the back to back pairs. And for the big caps I think of using 2 x nichicon Super Through 10000uf x 80V, what do you think?
  16. S

Hmmm, sorry. I thought there might be some considerable subjective feature ... Something like bright, or lean, or warm, or dry, etc ... I asked the designer (Mr. Oshima - aqualab Japan) but the communication is very difficult. He said me to replace with Silmic I... Unavailable...
  17. S

Thanks. Do you know if there is any unanimous point for some to dislike Silmic II sound?
  18. S

Why complicate what is very simple? If the Silmic I were still available, I would have bought them and would not even have opened this topic. I did it for the purpose of hearing from anyone who has experienced a similar situation, and could help me to decide with more concrete information, cause...
  19. S

Sorry to disagree (in part). Remember that I'm not necessarily looking for upgrade mods. Although the options are all good, they will produce different sound results. I'm just trying to figure out which one would be the closest option to keep the original sound. My guess would be Silmic II, but...
  20. S

Yes, in place of original "back to back" Silmic I pair, I can use one single Muse ES (bipolar), or one single Elna RBD (bipolar), or even a pair of Silmic II. In this case, I guess that Muse ES should be a better option. For the other positions, I read somewhere that Elna Silmic II have a...
  21. S

Ok, but Nichicon Muse ES are bipolar (non-polarized) caps and fit only in a few positions. Anyway, could you please describe the sonic improvement of Muse ES over original Elna Silmic 1?
  22. S

Dear fellows. I'm planning to substitute all electrolytic caps of my Sansui AU Alpha 707MR. Since it uses discontinued Elna Silmic caps (1st version), I'm in doubt between using Elna Silmic II or NIchicon ones to replace them... My fear is that the sound of the amplifier is changed too much...
Back
Top Bottom