Search results

1. tom1356

A vintage Fisher system

Fisher 400cx-2 preamp and 202R tuner.
  2. tom1356

A vintage Fisher system

Stereo and mono. He had thousands of records.
  3. tom1356

A vintage Fisher system

Yes I know who's system it is. I purchased the last version of the system {McIntosh) when he passed years ago. I recently found these pictures his partner sent me and I thought you would like to see them.
  4. tom1356

A vintage Fisher system

This is an impressive system for the time. The giant grills concealed JBL Hartsfield's built into the wall.
  5. tom1356

"Feed The Beast"

I would agree if the actor didn't choose to play it "obviously in the middle of withdrawal symptoms constantly."
  6. tom1356

"Feed The Beast"

The father in the wheel chair is the best thing so far. Why would you give the crack head brother the cash to hold?? or a duffle bag of coke?
  7. tom1356

"Feed The Beast"

The crackhead brother is a poorly written badly acted character. He immediately ruins the scene when he shows up.
  8. tom1356

Up-selling insanity

You would think they do it just so they can apologize to you.
  9. tom1356

AR1 speaker find...

It has a decent tweeter as well.
  10. tom1356

Induction cooktops?

I have the same stove. I like how the instructions tell you to put down a towel then your pan to make clean up a breeze.
  11. tom1356

Rare find? Goodman's of England Triaxiom speakers (w/Pics)

They are three way tri-axial drivers. The square things at the bottom are ARUs "Acoustical Resistance Units". Those are very cool.
  12. tom1356

Just aquired a set of Western Electric 756As. What do I do now?

Just to clear this up. The first pair with the incredibly rare WE 3000 tweeters never sold. It was a scam from the get go. Those WE 3000 tweeters are the only pair I've seen in 30 years. Most of the very inflated value in that pretend auction was the tweeters. WE collectors are the most...
  13. tom1356

They are worth 2-3k. I hope he's not in a hurry for the money.
  14. tom1356

Looks like the raffle is off and the auction is on.
  15. tom1356

Kentucky Derby and the Triple Crown

It amazes me people would want to sully what the past great horses have done by actually winning the three races of the crown against all comers. Changing the rules so a mediocre horse like CC can win what would now be a pointless trophy is sad. The point of the crown is it is hard and...
  16. tom1356

On Ebay, if you dont like the sold price, screw the buyer and resell it and again

Why would anyone want it for any price? Don't they catch on fire at an alarming rate? Is it the last unburnt up one left?:scratch2:
  17. tom1356

Shahinian Obelisk 2's on their way soon....

I was 18 and selling stereo equipment at the local store. They were the owners personal speakers. They were replace by JBL 250ti's. I bought his whole system. Audio Research amp and pre, Micro Seki TT and the coolest peice of all the Toshiba ST910 tuner. It had a touch screen glass front panel-...
  18. tom1356

I sold them to Lyric Hifi in NYC back in the late 1980's. No recollection of how they sounded. I do remember they were $5500 new and were supposed to be the only pair in the US.
  19. tom1356

I hate to see an audiophile content. Your next mission, should you choose to accept it, is to get a pair of Vieta L'Adagio Prestige or L'harmonia's. The L'harmonia's were my first good speakers back in the 1980's. You can see the L'Adagio Prestige at MOMA in NYC.
  20. tom1356

They were re-listed on ebay and didn't sell again. Lots of shady dealing on ebay. :scratch2: The last two real sales of W.E 756A's were ~$1000-1200 each in 2011.
  21. tom1356

Guess what kind of speaker I found in this box at the local auction

I think I should win it since I was closest without going over.
  22. tom1356

Some more info on Dahlquist DQ-10s

Are you sure you didn't spend the last eight years composing this post??? :scratch2::D
  23. tom1356

Introducing the Beatles

You're kidding, right?
Back
Top Bottom