3. twocoaster

Any idea what tonearm is on this deck?

Thank you!
  4. twocoaster

Thank you!
  5. twocoaster

Stumped as to brand and model of tonearm on this Fons CQ30. Anyone know? Thanks
  6. twocoaster

Keith Monks Elf Major value?

Hi all. These have been referenced a few times on AK, and there is some info on them elsewhere too. Nowhere can I get a feel for what their value may be. Any ideas? Thanks
  7. twocoaster

Anybody recognize this equipment?

Brand seems like Yamaha to me
  8. twocoaster

Spoiled for choice, but not educated. Could use some help.

If you like the look of the APM, that counts for something in my books. I've had several APM models, some perform very well, and some have rubber surrounds (no foam rot issue). If the 22ES have rubber, get 'em My 121ES punch way above their weight.
  9. twocoaster

British high end keith monks kmal speaker info. Needed

Ancient zombie post, I realize. Picked up a pair of these today. Very nice indeed.
  10. twocoaster

They are probably crap but,

I think they are DL10. I tried, but no reply from seller.
  11. twocoaster

Pioneer SA-9500 - almost perfect, but...

Hi Mike, I took this to a shop and paid dearly to have it fixed. Damned if I can tell you specifics though. Sorry. I sold the amp a while after, and the work order went with it. Good luck with yours
  12. twocoaster

JBL L112’s

Very good speakers, amazing build quality, and sure to increase in value over time. Would like to have the two pairs I sold years back.
  13. twocoaster

How high will it go?

I have the Braun A2 and T2, in the lighter grey finish. Very nice build quality, and sounds excellent. Will be interesting to see close value.
  14. twocoaster

Technics SL-1700MK2 service in Vancouver BC

Agreed, I took the arm/motor assembly out last night. The original owner said it had been sitting “for quite a while”, not sure exactly what that means. The arm/cue drive belt was deteriorated. Rest of deck is in excellent condition, platter drive is perfect
  15. twocoaster

Thanks, you may be right that the lube is at fault. On inspection it seems quite "unsticky", but I might try cleaning and re-lube anyway. (This approach has worked for me on other decks before.) I know there are ICs that control motor which have been blamed for problems. This may be at least...
  16. twocoaster

Hi folks, Looking for recommendations for a tech that can fix cue/return function on this turntable. Cue motor works, I installed a new belt, drive wheels and worm gear turns, but cue is stuck in "up" position. Rather than screw around and maybe ruin things, I'd like to get an experienced tech...
  17. twocoaster

Braun A2 and T2 Voltage challenge - using 220v on 120v

Hi, I decided to use a step up transformer, and didn’t take them to a tech to assess conversion. The set you’re looking at in Vancouver area is likely mine. Cheers
  18. twocoaster

Score of my lifetime

A virtual high-five score
  19. twocoaster

Anyone heard of them? Sony APM-11W

They sure look like 22ES, in drivers and cabinets at least. Hard to tell the scale, but they seem smaller. And no ES designation makes ya wonder...
  20. twocoaster

ADS M12 Speakers

Thanks moebuster. I'll try the jarring approach next, thanks for suggesting. I have done that on other speakers in the past with good results. As you know firsthand, these damn things way 65 lbs so I was loathe to wrestle them around, but it can't be avoided. Thanks for the possible driver buy...
  21. twocoaster

ADS M12 Speakers

All four woofers work, but appear to be impeded in their free motion to some degree - not completely locked up. One tower (with two woofers) seems more affected than the other. I was hoping to investigate closer by pulling the woofers from the cabinet, but they won't budge. The surrounds are...
  22. twocoaster

ADS M12 Speakers

Hi all, Just to chime in on this old conversation, I picked up a pair of M12s recently. Very nice shape but some performance issues, more with one tower than the other. Tried several tricks to get the woofers out, but stuck solid. Unable to get access to see if the low pass inductor had the...
  23. twocoaster

What speakers are these?

Any clues associated with the "M" monograms on the terminal panel? :dunno:
  24. twocoaster

Giant Presto turntable...tell me about it!

Pickering arm, I think? Used to have one.
  25. twocoaster

My Magnificent Magnavox

Thanks for that, I got the wrong 9302 idea poking around online. Cheers
Back
Top Bottom