Search results

1. M

NAD 7155 vs Kenwood 7400

I have not heard that Kenwood but I own a Nad 7155 and is an excellent amplifier with a very good tuner. I don't think many receivers of similar wattage can run difficult low impedance loads as well as having a good semi warm sound quality. Not a beauty contest winner but other than that, highly...
  2. M

Kef 103.2 vs Paradigm studio 20 v3

I can only give my opinion. I heard the Studio 20 v1 years ago and was not impressed. I do however own a pair of 103.2's and it is a fine speaker. But it is a very flat speaker and it's accuracy is not kind to poorly recorded material. Two more things to note about the Kef 103.2. One is that it...
  3. M

Linn Kan mk 2 tweeter problem

Thanks to TimF problem solved.
  4. M

Moderator could you please move this post to the speakers forum?
  5. M

I just purchased a pair of these today but when I got them home I found the tweeter in one of them is not working. They have a biwire banana plug only configuration as binding posts. It was not possible to test the speakers with this purchase. I am hoping there is someone here familiar with...
  6. M

Proton 930 or NAD 7130?

If you are comparing the Nad 7020 (not the 7030) I would say they have a very similar sound signature. The same goes for the Nad 7120 or 7125. Obviously the 7020 is a receiver version of the famed 3020 integrated amp. I have all three and the Proton 930 has by far the best tuner. I do not...
  7. M

Receiver with IR remote and preamp out? Integrated preamp/tuner?

You might want to check out the late 80/early 90's Sony ES series I.E. the GX-9 or the GX 10 ES receivers. Of course age and condition are factors..
  8. M

Thorens TD 125 and TD 125 mk 2 belt measurements

. I assume these two models use the same belt but am not sure. Please state measurements in metric as will be easier for me.
  9. M

B&W Bookshelf Speakers- Can't Identify

Look like Prism 302 or 303. Nineties or early 2000's I think.
  10. M

Camber LS1

One of the most underrated brands out there. I have the 2.0 ti and they are amazing for what they do.
  11. M

Speaker ID Please?

No info except approximately 21 inches high..
  12. M

Denon DCD-425 CD player

Nobody?
  13. M

Denon DCD-425 CD player

I need a source for a replacement belt. Thanks
  14. M

Dyna Pas-2 Just Want to be Careful

It was modded to Van Alstine in the nineties. I do have a variac but I don't know how long I should leave it on each voltage until I get to 110. I've never used the variac.
  15. M

Dyna Pas-2 Just Want to be Careful

I have not used this preamp in about 6 years, it has been in my living room(inside) all this time. It is ok to just turn it on with a normal start or does this require slow start regulation? The preamp worked perfectly the last time I used it.
  16. M

Soliloquy 5.0 Monitors dust cap/ grill pegs

. Just got a pair of these. They are functionally fine but on if the woofers is missing its dust cap. I know they sell these on the bay , P.E. etc. Can someone tell me the exact size of the dust cap? Also, grills are in good shape but missing all pegs. Any help with those appreciated too.
  17. M

KEF owners thread

Kef Reference 101 binding post. I am looking for someone's input who knows this speaker and has done this.
  18. M

KEF owners thread

The attached pic are not my speakers but someone changed the binding posts to 5 way from the original horrible spring clips which mine have. If anyone has done this, is this difficult and is it dangerously near the crossover? Also if it is fairly easy, can someone recommend where I can purchase...
  19. M

ADS vs Braun Speakers

Some early Braun models did not have binding posts but the speaker wire was internal and they had something like 8 or 19 ft lengths coming out of the speaker. I had a pair of ADS L700's and sold them. They were replaced with AR 3a's but they came pretty damn close. They were almost as heavy as...
  20. M

Bookshelf Speaker that suit for Naim user..

Epos es-11 if you can find a pair in good shape. They were voiced to Naim components.
  21. M

Cambridge Soundworks Powered Subwoofer

I have a CSW Basscube 8 (bought on sale in the late 90's). Used it with NHT Superzeros and Celestion SL6si's and it works fine for low to medium level listening. Bass is surprisingly tight with those combos.
  22. M

Thinking AR-3as now....

I have the 3a's and a pair of 4x's as well. GD70 is absolutely correct in his assessment, the 3a's are in a different league. I would only respectfully add that they are a very difficult 4 ohm load on an amp/receiver. All the smaller AR's from that vintage, although not efficient, are 8 ohms...
  23. M

Thicker Speaker Cables with Low Powered Solid State Amp/Receiver

This is not about thicker fancier cables being better or worse, Do they require more power to drive speakers regardless of impedance? For example would it be ok to use Mit Music Hose speaker cables with my Marantz 2230 to drive either Kef Reference 101's or Linn Kans?
  24. M

Info on Camber speakers

I just picked up a pair of 2.0ti 2 weeks ago. They are very good speakers. The products from this company are confusing though as some models like the 2.0ti seem to be in different configurations. Mine are the ones with the sock around the speaker and the binding posts on the bottom(almost...
  25. M

Phasetech PC40(.5?)

They are very good little speakers. I have a pair as well with rotted surrounds. Refoaming the piston cone woofers has always scared me so I have never gotten around to it. Either these or the PC-60's were re-released a few years ago for a lot of money. Personally though I would not invest...
Back
Top Bottom