Search results

1. M

Linn Kan mk 2 tweeter problem

I just purchased a pair of these today but when I got them home I found the tweeter in one of them is not working. They have a biwire banana plug only configuration as binding posts. It was not possible to test the speakers with this purchase. I am hoping there is someone here familiar with...
  2. M

Thorens TD 125 and TD 125 mk 2 belt measurements

. I assume these two models use the same belt but am not sure. Please state measurements in metric as will be easier for me.
  3. M

Speaker ID Please?

No info except approximately 21 inches high..
  4. M

Denon DCD-425 CD player

I need a source for a replacement belt. Thanks
  5. M

Dyna Pas-2 Just Want to be Careful

I have not used this preamp in about 6 years, it has been in my living room(inside) all this time. It is ok to just turn it on with a normal start or does this require slow start regulation? The preamp worked perfectly the last time I used it.
  6. M

Soliloquy 5.0 Monitors dust cap/ grill pegs

. Just got a pair of these. They are functionally fine but on if the woofers is missing its dust cap. I know they sell these on the bay , P.E. etc. Can someone tell me the exact size of the dust cap? Also, grills are in good shape but missing all pegs. Any help with those appreciated too.
  7. M

Thicker Speaker Cables with Low Powered Solid State Amp/Receiver

This is not about thicker fancier cables being better or worse, Do they require more power to drive speakers regardless of impedance? For example would it be ok to use Mit Music Hose speaker cables with my Marantz 2230 to drive either Kef Reference 101's or Linn Kans?
  8. M

Camber 1.0 ti Bashed in Titanium Tweeters/Torn Woofer Surrounds

Contemplating buying these but how bad is this? These have been on the bay for a while and are local . So far nobody wants them. Camber is a very underrated brand IMO. Had a pair of .5 it's years ago and was sorry I sold them. Thoughts on these and these damages in general?
  9. M

Bookshelf Speaker Identification

can anybody I'd these? Sorry no specs. Look like quality drivers to me. I was thinking Audiolab or Pinnacle but more likely a kit speaker. Just don't know.
  10. M

Cheap Variac

Can someone recommend a small variac? Never used one before but I have a Fisher 500c that has not been used in a few years as well as a Dynaco Pas 2. I've seen some on the bay hut never used one so I don't know which one to get. As stated the smaller the better.
  11. M

Spendor S-20 Should I?

Had a pair of these years ago but sold them..I went to check out another pair that was advertised locally. It turns out that one of the woofers has a crack in the surround. Woofer was still firing but with a slight buzz. I think that it can be glued back as there was an old thread about this, If...
  12. M

Speaker Badges Homemade Replacements

I have 3 sets of speakers with only one badge. They are made of plastic and all are sort if 3 dimensional meaning that they are not flat like AR speaker badges. The makes are: Castle, Phase Technology and Paradigm. My question: is there a way to 3D print these cheaply if you have one to make...
  13. M

Surround Foams..what the f...?

Before I get to the point of this thread I appreciate all the help I have gotten from members as to recommending the correct type of woofer surrounds for all the speakers I have owned. Now, having said that, I would like to say that the price of replacement surrounds has reached a point of...
  14. M

Well, My Luck Ran Out (Paradigm Atom v3)

About two weeks ago, I was lucky to score a pair of Martin 208 Speakees from CL. The seller even delivered them to me and I am in the middle of NYC. Love them. I had not even heard of Martin speakers but I know vintage Martin trumpets and guitars..both fine musical instruments. Fast forward to...
  15. M

NYC CL Scroe Today (Martin Gamma 208 S Speakers)

I was lucky enough today to get a very good condition pair of Martin Gamma 208 S speakers. The seller also delivered them practically to my door. Very interesting two way with an 8 and looks like done tweeter. They seem very efficient reading 7 ohms and being a vey easy load for my Marantz 2230...
  16. M

Yamaha R-700 good sound but...

I took my Yamaha R-700 out of storage yesterday and cleaned and deoxed it. I must say that I was very pleasantly surprised with the rich sound of this unit. Unit was dirty and dusty but all came back beautifully except for one channel on the phono stage. I then quickly remembered why I put this...
  17. M

Led bulbs source for my 2230

i am fixing up my 2230 and am looking for a source for bluer richer led's to jazz it up a little. This pictured Marantz is the color I'm looking for ..
  18. M

Musical Fidelity 4 ohms load question

I have a Musical Fidelity XA-2 Inegrated Amplifier. It is rated at 75 Watts/Channel at 8 ohms. Owners manual does not give 4 ohm stats. Can this amp be used to drive a difficult 4 ohm speaker like Dynaudio Audience 50 or even AR-3a's?
  19. M

NHT Super Zeros with old Passive Subwoofer?

I have a pair if these for over a year. They are the original version. I am currently using them with a powered subwoofer but I am recommending a set to someone who wants high quality sound without taking up much space. My question is: can these be used with a passive subwoofer? The sub I am...
  20. M

Hifiman Megamini through stereo

i was wondering if anybody uses this player. I noticed it only has a headphone out and not a line out. If I want to use this unit to play Flac files through my stereo(male stereo mini plug to male RCA'swire), how would the results compare to a dedicated line out which this unit does not have. Is...
  21. M

Design Acoustics PS-55 Speakers

Does anybody have the specs on these? Very little info on the net about them.
  22. M

Many Thanks to Johnny_Law

I just bought a Harman Kardon 330b receiver. Great packing and communication not to mention that he did a great job of rebuilding this receiver. It sounds great and looks very cool also. Cheers, Dave
  23. M

Harman Kardon Receivers and Protecting Your Speakers

i own a 430 an A-401 and a 330b. I love the look and sound of all of these but am a little concerned that they do not have speaker protection relays. All of these work fine but are unrestored. How concerned should I be and is there an easy way to fuse your speakers. Or, is it so exceedingly rare...
  24. M

Selling my Gold Crowns

i had a couple of dental crowns redone by my dentist and I have the old gold ones. I would like to sell both of these pieces. I read that it is better to send the gold to one of those companies that assesses it. Can anybody recommend one of these companies that is reputable and will not rip me off?
  25. M

Best Low Budget Wireless Streamng Device

i have an older iPad 3 which I would like to get another year out of if possible. I would like to play MP3 files from iTunes and also Spotify as well. Wired from the headphone jack of the iPad, the music sounds quite good but I am looking for a wireless device with the best sound quality. I...
Back
Top Bottom