Search results

1. qdrone

Songs That Make You Cry

Sailing by Christopher Cross. I lived with my older brother for 30 years but much to my dismay he never wanted to do things with me. One day he asked if I wanted to go sailing with him and his friend that had a boat in Marina del Rey. I had never been sailing,it was fun, new and memorable for me...
  2. qdrone

True Detective Season 4: Night Country

Well the finale tied everything up in a nice tight bow. When Devers is being questioned at the end, I noticed her coffee mug had a palm tree and Hawaii splashed on it. Yeah after watching that series, that's where I want to go.
  3. qdrone

Air Supply, A Band that I never quite "got"

Never got Air Supply neither or Abba for that matter.
  4. qdrone

ARGYLE

This movie was BAD. Worse movie I've seen since Renfeild. I like Sam Rockwell, but he even could't save this turd. The person who came up with the idea to use 70's soul,disco music during the fight scenes should be drawn and quartered.
  5. qdrone

Magnum PI and his Nakamichi Dragon

Best cassette deck ever made,worth the coin. Reminds me of a freind who used to record lectures on UFO phenomenon with a scrappy tape recorder then go home and listen to it on his Dragon. I used to tell him it was a little over kill.
  6. qdrone

True Detective Season 4: Night Country

I really liked it too. Already has me hooked. Cast looks damn good too.
  7. qdrone

Monsieur Spade

Really dug the 1st episode. Spade in France has the markings of a fish out of water although I hope they explore his relationship with his ex wife as the series unfolds.
  8. qdrone

Movies you have been waiting for

I'm waiting for that one too.
  9. qdrone

Movies you have been waiting for

There are two 1). Sequel to The Accountant 2). Sequel to Tropic Thunder. Everyone is on board with this, but they are still negotiating with Robert Downey Jr.
  10. qdrone

Carver madness, or; I just can't help myself

I like Carver too. I gifted my nephew a Carver C-4000 and a 500t amp to start a vintage system. He is sending them to Nelion for the full go over. I told him he will love them, he believes me. https://nelionaudio.com/index.php?/services.html/
  11. qdrone

Any reason not to use an automotive active crossover in a home unit?

No,not at all. Now if your getting distortion coming through your speakers.and if the distortion increases with volume,then check your sparkplugs.
  12. qdrone

Andre Braugher has died, Far too young - 61!

He was a great foil to all the antics going on at Brooklyn 999. Damn,so young.
  13. qdrone

True Detective on HBO

This season with Jodie Foster looks interesting. HBO does this series very well although the season with Vince Vaughn was below par.
  14. qdrone

Guys: I'm seeking suggestions for television serials, old and new, to get into, especially off-beat /niche sorta stuff?

If you want to know what happened to Jessie Pinkman watch the Netflix movie El Camino. Yo bitches...
  15. qdrone

Fx Fargo series

For those who don't know, I believe this is the 4th in the Fargo series. Check out the other seasons,they are all good. Each season features different stories,different cast and there all true.... or ....
  16. qdrone

What was the the last audio-related item you purchased?

I bought a Record Pi Record de-warper. It works really good and have dewarped 6 records from my collection. It is very well built and easy to use.
  17. qdrone

carver c2 preamp

https://nelionaudio.com/index.php?/services.html/ Try here.
  18. qdrone

R.I.P. Matthew Perry

Truly sad,unfortunate.
  19. qdrone

Burt Young / Paulie passes.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/18/movies/burt-young-dead.html?smid=url-share Always made the Rocky movies a little better.
  20. qdrone

Have you cleaned your cartridge body lately?

Yes the space below stylus.
  21. qdrone

Have you cleaned your cartridge body lately?

I'm gifting a used Sumiko Talisman Vituoso DTI to my nephew who is putting together a vintage system. Behind the stylus on the cartridge body was alot of black gunk so I took a sewing needle and Cafefully scraped the black gunk off and cleaned stylus. I then thought maybe I should check my...
  22. qdrone

Anti-skate setting question

I then play the mis tracking section on this. If there is no distortion in either channel i did it right.
  23. qdrone

Anti-skate setting question

I use side four of 2nd Winter, which is a groove less blank slab of vinyl. I adjust the anti skate so that the arm goes toward the spindle at the same speed across the record. Works for me. By the arm going across record at the same speed,the stylus is dead nuts in record groove and not favoring...
  24. qdrone

Pee-Wee Herman Passes - RIP

Who can forget this Death Scene from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. What a ham.
Back
Top Bottom