Search results

1. nickv41

FM Biting the dust in 2017....

Its actually funny how, over time, some of us turn into our parents. Growing up, my dad listened to nothing but AM radio news in the car. I listened to FM rock & roll stations. Now I'm 57 and I cant remember the last time my car radio was not set to AM news or sports talk.
  2. nickv41

How Many Here Are Dealing With Tinnitus?

Me too. Last concert I went to was AC/DC. My seats were upper level and nowhere near the stage. Didn't matter. It was painful to my 55 year old ears. So different then the first time I saw them in '76.
  3. nickv41

I don't get Led Zep II!

LedZep II will always hold a fond place in my heart. That's what I had playing the first time I got laid. "Squeeze me babe!".
  4. nickv41

Could you explain me HOW an FM transmission gets into my amp?

The truth is out there.
  5. nickv41

My New Baby!

?????????????
  6. nickv41

Considering a TV For the Bedroom. Refresh Rate Question

I have a similar older model 42" LG LED in my bedroom hooked up to cable and a ROKU box for Netflix streaming. You will not have a problem at all. LG makes good stuff. You stumbled onto a great deal. However, be aware the Dell $150 gift card expires in 90 days.
  7. nickv41

Original large advent worth it?

No on the cloth surrounds but yes, they are worth it. Even if you decide to sell them at some point, you will get all your money back and probably more.
  8. nickv41

NBA Finals Golden State vs. Cleveland

I haven't had any interest in the NBA since Bird and Magic retired. Way too much one on one isolation in today's game. Lebron's picture should be in Webster's next to the word "isolation". GM should install a back-up alarm between Lebron's rear cheeks for next year's season. I'll stick to...
  9. nickv41

What are your favorite guitar song intros?

Led Zep. "Black Dog". Nothing but scratching guitar strings.
  10. nickv41

To get a smart TV or to get a android TV box?

Roku works better. What's the big deal about a second box the size of a hockey puck?
  11. nickv41

Ebay Turntable - Worth Refinancing the house?

I can get Elton John to come to my house and perform for less.
  12. nickv41

Favourite SciFi Aliens

Correction noted. Guess my Star Trek knowledge is fading with age
  13. nickv41

World's Funniest Joke

fish sticks
  14. nickv41

Favourite SciFi Aliens

The Gort that Captain Kirk battled.
  15. nickv41

Bye Bye Landline

As an Optimum triple play customer (phone, internet and cable) I looked into this. I would save $5 a month by dropping phone service. The only way I would really save is by dropping phone and tv. Can't bring myself to do it. I need my sports and my wife needs her reality tv.
  16. nickv41

NCAA Basketball

Tony Soprano is pounding on his door right about now.
  17. nickv41

Rolling Stones 2015 tour

This can only mean one thing. Mick needs to prepare for alimony payments for one more future ex-wife. lol!
  18. nickv41

Boss threw away TWO Iphone 4's. Can I use them as a walkman?

Another option is to sell both IPhone 4's on Ebay. They will still fetch about $50 each. You can then use the $100 to buy a portable media player.
  19. nickv41

Panic at the NJ Inspection Station...

NJ is in a class by themselves. I took my car to NJ Inspection station. The guy drove the car from the beginning of the test line to the end without checking anything and the end of the line guy put on a new sticker good for only one year instead of the usual two. When I asked why they didn't...
  20. nickv41

The Walkman is Back

Believe it or not, Sony still makes it and sells it. $16.40 on Amazon. Model SRF59
  21. nickv41

Best album covers to hang as artwork?

Led Zep- "Houses of the Holy"
  22. nickv41

Head congestion....what clears it up for you?

Cocaine but don't forget this fact: You can't get it back.
  23. nickv41

Led Zeppelin’s Robert Plant ripped up a $924 million reunion contract

The O2 DVD showed us all what a Senior Led Zep concert would be like. That's enough for me. Jimmy Page is a shell of what he used to be before heroin and age caught up with him. Considering we are now 8 years later, I agree with Plant. Jimmy Page has to learn to move on.
  24. nickv41

Joe Bonamassa in Concert

Tea For One. Joe B actually does a great cover of this song.
  25. nickv41

Joe Bonamassa in Concert

Saw him last year in Westbury, NY. Great show. He's a fantastic guitar player. One bit of advice. Don't be late for the show. If the ticket says 8PM, the show will start at 8PM sharp. Joe never starts late.
Back
Top Bottom