Search results

1. R

Akai PM 01 Portable Cassette

Well I guess no one know either :)
  2. R

There is one tab that contacts the cassette, most likely this is it but it moves free and cant get to the other side of the unit without major dis assembly
  3. R

I guess there is no one that knows the answer
  4. R

Well I found a schematic and it shows a micro switch FM to Tape switching. Now the question is where is this switch on the unit, it says SW1
  5. R

Seems to be stuck on FM how does it know a tape is put in and not the FM cassette ?
  6. R

I have a 1980 vintage Akai PM 01 portable cassete. It has the optional FM tuner cassette insert that works well The problem is the unit is stuck on FM mode. When I insert an audio tape the unit stays on FM mode The motor does not turn I am also looking for the belt routing diagram for this...
  7. R

Dial string slipping

Hello, you can try shrinking the dial cord by using a q tip wet with plain water. the string will shrink just enough to work. I have done this twice and it worked both times.
  8. R

Marantz 2270 Low Volume distortion ?

Well did some more troubleshooting......swapped the speakers to another 2270 I have and guess what !! They have the distortion on a totally different 2270 One of the woofers (down firing) is on the way out and making the noise...
  9. R

Yes, headphones fed after the relay on schematic, cant understand why no distortion using headphones only with speakers ??
  10. R

Yes have experienced that in other units. Still unclear about what feeds the headphone jack ? No distortion when using headphones only spekers, is the headphone jack fed from the hot side of the relay ?
  11. R

One thing is un clear.. Why there is no distortion when using headphones ???? I think the headphone jack is tap off speaker terminals so it should distort too Unclear on this
  12. R

That will be next when I get it on the bench. Relay and recap the pre amp board.
  13. R

changed interconnects same no change, doe it on FM as well both channels too
  14. R

yes cleaned all pots, its very slight going to change interconnect from cd player and see if that helps
  15. R

Receiving slight distortion only at low volume. Suspect either the relay is dirty / needs replacement or pre amp issue anyone experience this ? plays load and powerful with volume turned up to 9 oc position or higher also does NOT do this with the headphones
  16. R

1200B No Phono

Thanks for the response, it sounds great otherwise
  17. R

2270 Manual Errors

Thanks for your reply, adjusted to 10mv, yes the sound changed it seems fuller and brighter more like my 2275 is. No other changes are noticed thanks again
  18. R

1200B No Phono

guess no one has this one or knows it
  19. R

2270 Manual Errors

Guess no one knows ?
  20. R

2270 Manual Errors

Hello, Recently re adjusted my 2270 s to the revised idle current spec, from J754 to J760, set to 10mv. They seem to sound a bit more powerful and full, what has everyone experienced with the new settings ? My original 2270 was at 5mv for 42 years and was fine I thought Thanks
  21. R

2270 Tip

Don't forget to thoroughly clean the front panel dubbing jacks on these units !! I found my dubbing out to be oxidized and cleaned it making a difference in the sound for sure.
  22. R

1200B No Phono

Hello, I have a Marantz 1200B intergrated amp. works great EXCEPT for the Phono section No phono output, hum, nothing. Hooked up cables touched ends no usual test hum Odd that this condition is in both left and right channel, anyone have this amp ?
  23. R

2275 Problem

I will try the caps. that was my thought as well. it will play fine for long periods but power off will not restart until unplug the connector and retry.
  24. R

2275 Problem

Hello, I have a somewhat weird problem with my 2275. Unit will play fine, and has been adjusted to spec both left and right power amps ok However will play fine until you power it off then will not restart. No click. I traced it down to the right power amp board when I disconnect the two wire...
  25. R

2270 Bias Setting Manual Errors

Thanks for the quick reply will try 754 - 760 and set to 10mv will report back What type of probe hooks are best to use ? I am using small radio shack type that are a pain to get on
Back
Top Bottom