Search results

1. ldatlof

The Recorded LIVE Playlist

The Who Grugahalle Essen, Germany March 28, 1981 FM (live broadcast) > Revox A76 Tuner > Revox A77 (1/2 track, 7 1/2 ips, TDK LX 35) > Audiophile 2496 > WaveLab > Wave > Flac frontend Pete Townshend - Guitar, Voc Roger Daltrey - Voc, Harmonica John Entwistle - Bass, Voc Kenny Jones - Drums...
  2. ldatlof

Adding HiRes streamer to Mac/Airport Airplay system (latest - WiiM Pro )

That's is how I run my two Pis. Raspbian with squeezelite. That way you can still use the Pi as a computer. Though I run LMS on a separate computer because the original Pis weren't strong enough to run both LMS and squeezelite. The newer Pis are certainly up to the task. A few months ago I...
  3. ldatlof

No wonder peeps are having problems getting pCP to work lately.
  4. ldatlof

A shot in the dark here because I have never used mac products but it looks like iStumbler scans wifi networks. You are not on wifi until you turn it on in pCP. Try using nmap to scan your entire network. I find it hard to believe it doesn't work on a RPi4.
  5. ldatlof

Here are the steps you need to follow: Download pCP Extract the xxx.img file from the xxx.zip file using a zip/unzip utility Flash the xxx.img file to the SD card using Etcher Insert SD card, attach ethernet wire to your router and boot Find out the ip address from either your DHCP server (in...
  6. ldatlof

You can either get the ip address from your routers web page or use an app for your mac to get the ip address. You can also connect the RPi to a monitor to get the ip address. If no ip address on screen type in "ifconfig" to get it. Then enter that ip address in to your browser to get to the...
  7. ldatlof

pCP has LMS built in to it - you just have to turn it on via its setup page in a browser. You will also need to turn on the player (Squeezelite). pCP runs in RAM so it should be very snappy.
  8. ldatlof

pCP will allow you to play both Qobuz and RP from within LMS. No need to use their native apps from a computer or phone. Just enable the plugins for both. Also enable the material skin to have a nice looking interface for your iPhone's browser to control everything. Control can be done with...
  9. ldatlof

The CCA is limited to 96kHz. So it's a CCA issue.
  10. ldatlof

I would use 1 microSD card for XL and the other for piCorePlayer. That way you can compare them both and see which one fulfills your needs best. pCP contains the player and server in the same OS. I am not sure about XL. Good luck and happy listening. https://www.picoreplayer.org/
  11. ldatlof

Amazing differences in people's hearing

Interesting, because I always thought that Klipsch Heritage speakers did snare drums amazingly well. Then again, there are peeps who can't stand the sound of them.
  12. ldatlof

Official Grateful Dead Thread

Grateful Dead - November 6, 1979 The Spectrum - Philadelphia, PA Recording Info: SBD > Cassette Master (Nakamichi 550/TDK-SA90) Transfer Info: Cassette Master (Nakamichi CR-7A) > Tascam DA-3000 (DSF 1-bit/5.6MHz) > Sound Forge 13 Pro (WAV 24-bit/96k) > Adobe Audition 2020 > Samplitude Pro X5...
  13. ldatlof

Raspberry Pi streaming

I bet it will sound very good. :music:
  14. ldatlof

The SMSL DAC definitely will output 192/24 when connected to a Raspberry Pi via USB. Here is a screenshot of what a hires file looks like while playing using Logitech Media Server: For further proof, you can query the DAC (my DAC doesn't have any file resolution indicators) with this command...
  15. ldatlof

It was a question on Amazon's website whether it can play 192/24 The answer was from Keiid. Hopefully you will get an answer to your email soon...
  16. ldatlof

I think the problem lies with the Keiid player's optical output. See post #14 in this thread. It seems to me that the problem is with the Keiid player and not the DAC.
  17. ldatlof

Well that explains why it isn't connected via USB. ;)
  18. ldatlof

What is the reading using the USB input? The optical input is limited to 44.1/16. I am not sure about the coaxial input.
  19. ldatlof

I don't think the Audio Alchemy DAC can play hi-res files. It is limited to 44.1/16. If you want to hear 96/24 or better you should try going directly from the Keiid to your preamp via RCA cables.
  20. ldatlof

It looks like the setup went more smoothly this time. What is the optical out connected to? a response as to whether this unit supports 192/24 on amazon:
  21. ldatlof

Hellborg, Lane & Sipe Tramps New York, NY 12.31.1996
  22. ldatlof

Jonas Hellborg Personae
  23. ldatlof

It works perfectly well on Wifi which is built in to the RPi4. It just a little easier to setup using an ethernet connection but not necessary. You could plug it into one of the Airport Extreme's LAN ports for setup. The RPi4 in my main system is only connected via WiFi. The WiFi router and...
  24. ldatlof

If you don't mind a little DIY and can follow directions then for less than $200 you can play hi-res. All you need is a Raspberry Pi 4($50) and a new DAC capable of playing 192/16 ($100). Download and install piCorePlayer (free) to the Pi. Then configure pCP using a browser. pCP is an OS...
Back
Top Bottom