Search results

1. Patrick620

Fisher 6g-e12a eye tube?

Rusted out tuner pull. How in the world do I test it? Obviously hoping for a quick answer or direction to do my own leg work without having to do my masters thesis about it or getting flamed about my question. I have a Hickok 6000 , 600. Sencor Mighty Mite VII. Of course I googled it and...
  2. Patrick620

Is there a way to test a 7868 tube on a Hickok 6000 w/o the adapter?

The 6000A does not require an adapter but the 6000 does call for one. They test way good on my Sencore Mighty Mite VII TC162. Maybe that is good enough. Thanks.
  3. Patrick620

Philco 50-522 e caps ?

Calls for a multi of 30/25/20. I can get 5 pcs. of 22 or 33 @ 160v for cheap. I don't think it really matters for a non daily player. Go low or go high is my question. What I mean is make them all 22 or 33.Thanks.
  4. Patrick620

Recap ? Ampex 2010

In the PS the first e cap after the 6AX5 rec tube is a 40uf. I have some 47uf on hand and one reads at 45uf. I looked up the tube data to see if that might be ok. I was astonished to see that that tube wants to see 10uf. Whats up with that?
  5. Patrick620

Fisher SA-16 amp phase inverter level adjust?

What do they do and should I leave them alone at factory settings considering that no one has messed with them in the past deox them or what? Count how many turns and deox them or leave them alone ? The amp seems to be unmolested thankfully. Pulled from a working console. One of the best amps...
  6. Patrick620

Tv3 a/u meter is dead

Reads open with no deflection testing resistance. Cleaned the tips of the meter posts down to clean brass and disconnected one side of the meter prior to testing. Nothing. Zero. My question is do I need another working meter for this specific tester or are other meters compatible in case this...
  7. Patrick620

TV-3/U tester issues

Trying to troubleshoot a TV 3/U tube tester and so far I suspect the meter. Is there a good safe way to test it without frying it if it is in fact good. These are uncharted waters for me. Thanks for any advice.
  8. Patrick620

tube ID help please

Amperex made in USA 6922/6DJ8 46th week of 1961 date code. No mfg. code. Says made in USA but the seams on the top of the glass are throwing me off. Any idea who made the tube? Looks European to me. Grey plates with large halo getter.
  9. Patrick620

Capacitor ID help

Does anyone recognize this mfg. logo? There are no other markings on it. Thanks
  10. Patrick620

Sams and Riders saved from the land fill

I saw a guy cleaning out a storage unit headed to the dump. WHOA! WAIT! Sams 1-120. Riders 1 (PA Manual), 6, 7, 9-17. Let me tell ya, I hope the shelves hold. Those books are heavy.
  11. Patrick620

Panel meter ID help

If this is off subject I apologize but I do not know who else to ask. The set dial is on 12v. Vehicle of some kind? Weston? I see a "W" with a line underneath it on the back side. I was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction before I needlessly join a bunch of new forums to...
  12. Patrick620

CDE WBR ecap date code?

8445Z. Am I to assume this means the 45 week of 1984? It is the only other # on it besides the values. Just got this amp (Stromberg Carlson ASR-433) on my bench and obviously some of the caps have already been changed at some point. I guess if that is the date code I will change them out while...
  13. Patrick620

May I direct your attention to the EIA code sticky

I have never seen this one, it just came up on a google search for a 515 code OT. Holy moly!
  14. Patrick620

Yes, another Maggie 8802 low volume thread

I have researched this to death, did the 390 ohm balance pot mod, rolled tubes, chop sticked it, resoldered a few joints that probably did not need it, checked to schematic, etc. etc. etc and still the V1 channel has very low volume. Any thoughts or obvious to you mistakes? Here are the...
  15. Patrick620

Bypass cap tutorial

16. Patrick620

Carlson cabs with unknown drivers

I am not having any luck finding info on these drivers. Does anyone know anything about them? They are in Carlson cabs and look to be original. Thanks
  17. Patrick620

Does anyone recognize these ES Tweeters?

Picked up a pair of electrostatic tweeters at a sale. I am not familiar with that logo
  18. Patrick620

NOS Can cap scroe?

It is a good thing that I am single. Spot checked a few with my ESR meter. Looking real good. Most are 350V many 450 v and some lower voltage. Dont even want to say what I paid for them.
  19. Patrick620

What amp do I have here?

Power amp. SE stereo Two EL84's and a 6CA4. Has all Mullard tubes (not shown) but the ink is completely worn off off the el84's, but they are Mullards, so that leads me to believe that they are all not the original tubes. One of the pics shows where a sticker might have been that reminds me of...
  20. Patrick620

This is different

I am going to have to get used to this new format.
  21. Patrick620

Really?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Imsc_J25QmE :eek:
  22. Patrick620

Safety caps

I notice on many of the re-builds I am seeing that a safety cap was not used on the AC line. Every other cap will be replaced except for the original ceramic disk across the AC line. Do many others feel they are not needed? I use them now days. I was just curious.
  23. Patrick620

Vintage console speaker efficiency

Any info or even a good guess? I am mainly wondering about Magnavox. I did a quick search but did not find much. This would be for low wattage tube amp use of course. Thanks.
  24. Patrick620

I saw this in the morning paper

A company not too far from me making vinyl and selling tube gear. I just wondered what your thoughts were about the equipment. I have no connection with them at all. http://www.kansas.com/news/business/article5233662.html http://store.acousticsounds.com/cat/2/Audiophile_Equipment
Back
Top Bottom