Search results

1. larryderouin

Pioneer SX-550 Service Manual Errors - Capacitors C65 and C66

The Robin Egg blue Sanyo's (4.7 & <) are solid Aluminum capacitors that will eventually become resistors. Fred Longworth coined the term "capsistors" for them some 25 years ago. Get rid of all of them.
  2. larryderouin

New 800B

You just went from a separate 2 pole to a single pole. You got it right if you want the accy plugs switched. If you want them on all the time, move the Yellow wire to the brown wire. This will lessen load on the switch with stuff plugged in to accy plugs. Otherwise leave it. Make sure the...
  3. larryderouin

Another SX434 restoration

TomSc: 35V is fine. ITGUY: I gutted my Mains and fit the new one's inside. Not too hard to do either. Just for FYI. Audio Grade caps in a SX-434 aren't really needed. Nichicon UPW and UKL caps are a few orders of magnitude better than the originals and Audio grade stuff is just gonna...
  4. larryderouin

Starting a new restoration. Pioneer SX-434 Receiver

@jboerger3 The 434 makes a decent headphone amp. Just set the power/speaker switch to OFF (between "A" and "B" spkrs) and you're all set. Takes the speakers out of the loop. You might want to get one of those 15A rated christmas tree light extensions with the switch as the extension. That...
  5. larryderouin

New 800B

200W is too big for a 800b. Max consumption is something like (right off the top of my head ) 180W max. So it's (DBT) not going to respond much if any, except on a dead short. get a 100W bulb. When it (800b) is fixed, and on DBT, when you fire it up, the lamp will flash bright for a second...
  6. larryderouin

New 800B

What wattge bulb???? Anything below 100W will begin to glow as the voltage is ramped up and more current passes thru it.. What you DON'T WANT is for the bulb to go BRIGHT at the turn on and stay that way. If it has a DIM to VERY DIM glow, that increases slightly as you ramp up it's probably...
  7. larryderouin

Fisher X-101-C 12ax7s no power

Take the output tubes out and check the voltage(s) on the main caps. The voltage will go up some, but we need to see whether it does or not, and by how much if it does. On a healthy transformer with healthy main caps, the voltage at C26A should be approx 1/2 of the C25 voltage. and C25 should...
  8. larryderouin

12ax7s for x-202-c

Not all Fisher's have the "noose" in the P.I. IIRC it pertained mainly to the receivers more than the integrated or straight amps. Not sure if the X-202-C does or not, and if it does how "tight it is". Any OLD STOCK Domestic/European will work fine in the X-202-C. @dcgillespie would know for...
  9. larryderouin

The Fisher 800B, 800C, 500c, etc Receiver PEC PC50187-9 tone control board upgrade!

RECENT THREAD (LAST 2 WEEKS) https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/replacement-pec-modules.1054368/ There's one from about 3 weeks ago but can't find it. Might be on S.S. forum or tube forum. Long day, gonna take a nap..
  10. larryderouin

C76 Barrier Insulator

I use a 4-40 x 1/2 panhead with locktight red on the threads. The head on the screw is large enough to overlap the hole but small enough to stay a fair distance from the can.
  11. larryderouin

Fisher 400 output transformers

czgeddies; Go to www.fisherconsoles.com. Click on "click here for complete manuals!" On the new page scroll down to the 400 (about 3/4 down) and D/L the 10001-19999 manual. If you find it's too fuzzy, use wither of the 20001-29999 or 20001 and up manuals.
  12. larryderouin

Fisher 500B FM Stereo drops out after 20 Minutes

Like Gadget said, bad tube? But the bad tube doesn't acct for it dropping off in MONO!!!! We're back to looping to POST #5 and before. Multiple problems. Need multiple solutions. 1.) 12AT7 bad. Get 2 and keep the working oldie as a spare. 2.) peaking each of the tuning coils and looking...
  13. larryderouin

The tip's should be ok. See attached. I pulled all the above including the originals from all transistors. Good thing we have some 6x8" timbers we run up the engines on to put on chains. Use those for ramps or else I'd never get this SVELTE bod under the Ambulance on the creeper.:rflmao:
  14. larryderouin

The 940 and 2073 are preferred over the MJE's. A bit more power handling. Sorry about the location the pot's go in. Looks like you've got a good handle on it now. Spent the weekend chasing electrical gremlins and repairing exhaust hangers in/on the ambulance (2021 Chevy 5500 with...
  15. larryderouin

Fisher 500B FM Stereo drops out after 20 Minutes

NO. The Only AT7's are in the Multiplexer. When in MONO the RF/IF signal is directly from the discriminator and bypasses the Multiplexer. So the 12AT7 won't have any effect on MONO. You could have a combination of problems (weak or dying tuning coil as dave alluded to and a tube problem in...
  16. larryderouin

Pioneer spec 4 sparks at amp heat sink

Does your AWM-113 have a suffix letter???? I just spent a 1/2 hour comparing the board drawing to the schematic also. Wondering if PIONEER did one of their undocumented changes and left off C-16, and put a jumper wire in it's place. Generally if it's not on the board, but is on the...
  17. larryderouin

What's wrong with this picture?

Thats a Pre-Nuke Sub receiver.;) Uncle HYMIE (Adm. Rickover for you Civvies) would only allow Solid State on Glow Boats(Nuke Subs).:naughty::naughty:
  18. larryderouin

SX-626 Low Volume After Recap (Pics)

No K.......just ohms. See R2 thru R5. number with a "k" is in KiloΩ range. R6 is 22Ω 1/2W R7 is 5.6Ω 1/2W Use Metal films.
  19. larryderouin

Fisher X-101-C 12ax7s no power

@solodolo47 The .01uf black cap between the diodes, Replace it with a .01uf 600v Cornell Dublier DME series or other small form factor Radial film cap, and ground it at the ground terminal the 1st diode is grounded to. (basically parallel the 1st diode.). Less chance of a ground loop. And it...
  20. larryderouin

Fisher 100 ‘loco’ amp issue

@AMTPROD This search thread "Model 100 Z Matic" has a a bunch of threads on the Model 100 with Z Matic with some discussions of the Z Matic circuit and the idiocyncracies of the Model 100. Pay attention to Dave Gillespies posts. Just some light reading.
  21. larryderouin

IIRC Bias should be in neighborhood of 15mv. Basically the jumper parallels the resistor. Cut the jumper and the resistor is doing the job of holding the bias at a reasonable level. If it's too high and the jumper has been previously cut, you reconnect the jumper somewhat bypassing the...
  22. larryderouin

X-101 ST refurb

Deoxit and an old tooth brush. Or spray the tube pins and push/pull the tubes in and out of sockets a few times. Friction will clean off corrosion between the tube pins and the socket leaves. Flush the pins and the sockets with DeOxit afterward.
  23. larryderouin

One thing to remember, before the resto, it was tired and cranky. Now it's pretty much back to original spec. I bought mine new in '75. It was pretty well boosted in Aux with just a cassette deck (pioneer 4242 IIRC). Loudness was highly boosted in lower registers. Now a cassette deck has a...
  24. larryderouin

FM Volume about 1/2 of AUX/Phono/Tape Mon. 500-B

Pulled out the 3.3MΩ and checked it. It tested 2.4MΩ on 2 separate meters. Went thru my stash and tested what I had and found a 3.298MΩ. (close enough for Gov't work!) Installed and the stereo indication is either as strong as the Mono signal or on a really strong channel it closes pretty...
  25. larryderouin

Substitute for PCC86 in Model 90-T Anniversary

How about a service manual......... http://www.fisherconsoles.com/non%20console%20manuals/fisher%2090t%2020001%2029999%20sm.pdf Pic of underneath included in Manual. Plus schematics and parts list.
Back
Top Bottom