Search results

1. 1MOR

RIP Terry DeWick

Terry tuned up a Scott 222c amp for me back in the day. RIP Mr. Dewick!
  2. 1MOR

Return of the original Miniwatt SET ( APPJ )

This thread has been quiet for a while. Looks like the Miniwatt APPJ supply has dried up. Anything new that is a replacement?
  3. 1MOR

Audio Research SP3 vs Dynaco PAS3 comparison?

When the PAS comes out of storage, I will clean it up, test and replace the tubes as necessary, replace filament ps and give it a listen. Once it passes music I intend to implement your recommendations.
  4. 1MOR

I had early Magnavox? and PS cd players. Later learned both used the same Phillips? drive. Both drove the SP3a into distortion on dynamic cd's. Consensus at the time being the SP3 power supply was insufficient. So I sold the SP3 and moved on to something else. But, I still have the manual...
  5. 1MOR

No I wasn't kidding! So, have you listened to both of these pre amps and what did you think or, did you show up to troll what I thought would result in an adult response?
  6. 1MOR

Just about everything I own sits in storage at the moment. I asked the question in future consideration of having the space to set up and listen to audio equipment again.
  7. 1MOR

Has anyone owned both of these preamps and how did they compare to each other and overall? Reason I ask, I owned an AR SP3a back in the day and loved its phono stage. When CD players came along, the CD playback would overload the SP3. Well, I traded for someting else. I have a used Dynaco...
  8. 1MOR

Left knee soon to be replaced..

Had both my knees replaced. No pain now, happy happy! Good luck with your recovery.
  9. 1MOR

Any love here for the old 6V6G tubes?
  10. 1MOR

Any one else noticed that the Epay 6V6 tube prices have gone up a bunch? Must be the AK jinx, we talk about a vintage tube and the vintage tube prices go crazy over there.
  11. 1MOR

Marc Morin - Rest In Peace Our Friend

Been away from AK since last fall and unfortunately missed the news regarding Marc. I learned something new from each of Marc's posts. RIP Marc!
  12. 1MOR

Pioneer PL-115D .......auto return....again and again

I had this same problem, but it was quite a while ago. If I remember correctly, there is a gap in the teeth of the large nylon gear. You will need to rotate that gear when the table is off, to the off/neutral position. I do not remember what that location was. Possibly centered at the 9:00...
  13. 1MOR

FX Audio 6j1 tube preamp - a $31 wonder

Silver plate and black plate RCA 6AK5 tubes in the house. Time to do more rolling and listening!
  14. 1MOR

General Question about Elekit TU-879s

Roll a Tele 12AX7 or Amperex Bugle Boy in this amp. The Tele was clean and detailed, Bugle Boy, well, outstanding! Never got to roll a Mullard into the V1 spot. Great little amp!
  15. 1MOR

PG, yes RCA smokies still there and sound great, IMHO! Yes, the tops of the 6V6GTs get hot, but not so much that I would find it excessive. I had a Radio Craftsmen mono set when I was a teenager. The RC amp used a pair of 6V6GT tubes as outputs. I can remember those tubes being very hot to...
  16. 1MOR

First Watt Aleph J

:lurk:
  17. 1MOR

Happy to hear that you have solved this problem!
  18. 1MOR

I have been thinking the same thing Dadbeh. However, when I first started this journey of upgrading in the 1970's, the Chinese were waving little red books, riding bicycles, wearing Mao jackets and bowing to pictures of their great leader, Chairman Mao! Ok, kiddies, back to our regularly...
  19. 1MOR

The Soviets cloned USGI military equipment, some of the electrical components were pin compatible with USA parts. The Chinese cloned the Soviet military equipment. The Soviets used tubes in their electronics for quite a while after the US had moved to implement solid state devices in our...
  20. 1MOR

Totally agree PG! Here is a pair of RCA smokies, jamming with Bill Evans. All that I can say is...WoW. Pairs of 6V6 are quite reasonable on the bay, and here on BT. RCA 6V6s are noted for their musicalilty. Many other brands were manufactured by RCA. Check for the silver printing, RCA...
  21. 1MOR

With 6V6 JJ OP tubes using 6V6 to 6P1 socket adapters. A little more "bloom" to the music than the 6P1P EB Svetlana's. These octals sound better with some time on them. The optics are well...kinda fugly to say the least.
  22. 1MOR

Svetlana 1966 6J1 EB in the FX pre, WE 403b and Svetlana 6P1P EB tubes in the APPJ 2013 SET. Great sound from these China products. The FX pre is powered by the crappy OEM wall wart. Time to feed this little guy some better power! :rockon:
  23. LITTLE THREE 03052019

LITTLE THREE 03052019

24. 1MOR

My Tubelab SSE build

Congrats! Any problems on first fire up?
Back
Top Bottom