Search results

1. T

Is this inductor placement ok?

2. T

KLH Model 5 - all bass, no mid or tweeter

The multimeter is a nice tool. However, it won't reveal any problems with sound quality, a rubbing voice coil for instance. The only way to tell if a driver is truly functioning is to play sound through it.
  3. T

KLH Model 5 - all bass, no mid or tweeter

To remove the suspense, simply apply some sound to each individual driver to let you know whether they work. Instant gratification. If they work then order the proper caps and a multimeter;)
  4. T

So, if the Packers & Chiefs both win today...

The Bills should drive down the field and kick a field goal.
  5. T

JBL Paragon?

"Waiting for a reply" Your email may be buried under many emails, ones not necessarily having to do with the speakers. We have no idea how busy the seller or his inbox is. In other words, I would have sent a series of emails hoping mine would be eventually at the top of his list.
  6. T

Need some infinity restoration help

The Infinity WTLC woofers had the square alnico magnets and had doping applied similar to the Monitor woofer. My opinion, if they are Infinity, they may have been left untreated and the dust caps had been replaced when someone performed a refoam. Treating the woofers with the roplex could have...
  7. T

tomlinmgt's dungeon of diffusion (and big speakers)

"Go big or go home" and have fun while you're at it. :beerchug:
  8. T

Young people, none of them are into hifi.

My dad used come home from work, kick back on the carpet and play records on his Motorola "suitcase" stereo phonograph. So I guess that influenced me a bit, I eventually took the detachable speakers and installed them in the back of my VW van. That and a coworker badgered me into buying a real...
  9. T

Lyric of the Moment

10. T

I'm back

"back in the saddle again"
  11. T

Lyric of the Moment

Back
Top Bottom