Search results

1. Maicobmw

Taylor Player Plays Fair

More than fair actually... Daren and I had a Bartertown encounter recently and he went above and beyond to make the transaction a positive experience. Very accommodating all the way through, and an epic packing job to top things off.
  2. Maicobmw

Santa Brought a TD-125

He obviously mistook me for a good boy... I've been considering a TD-125 to round out my Thorens stable and this beauty fits right in with the TD-124. Just up and running, so any real comparisons will have to wait until I get some hours in, but the first impression is simply what a fabulous...
  3. Maicobmw

Our Beloved Revolutionary Sweetheart

Just found a nice copy of this old favorite... just an amazingly well produced record that never gets old to me, and such a unique sound. Kinda like a cross between Sgt. Pepper and Maggot Brain with a little Buck Owens thrown in. :D
  4. Maicobmw

Bad Ass Moth

I found this awesome moth on the side of the house, don't think I've ever seen one of these before. Dig the eyes on the wings and those crazy looking fan things up front.
  5. Maicobmw

Red Vinyl Japanese Beatles Mono Pressings

Somehow I was not even aware these existed, but I recently found copies of the 1982 Japanese red vinyl mono issues of Please Please Me and A Hard Day's Night locally. Unfortunately they weren't at Goodwill so no scroe, and actually pretty pricey but man, do they sound fantastic. Some of the...
  6. Maicobmw

Finally Unsealed My Mono Stones 12 x 5

I always struggle when deciding what to do with still sealed cool old records. I realize there's a finite number of sealed copies out there and there is the collector factor, blah blah, but I like to listen to records. So I've had this sealed mono London copy of 12 x 5 for years wondering what...
  7. Maicobmw

Ebay Invoice to China Buyer?

So I sold a record to a person in China. The Ebay system won't allow me to send an invoice with actual shipping charges, but instead gives me a message saying that the buyer must check out with the Global Shipping System, which includes crazy shipping charges. How can I get around this?
  8. Maicobmw

Sorry European Record Mailers

Jeebus.... twice now during the last few months I have received fairly pricey records from both the UK and Germany that had sustained significant cover corner damage during transit. The mailers in both instances were of a flimsy cardboard material compared to the pretty stout mailers common in...
  9. Maicobmw

Miles Davis Poster

So I found this old Miles Davis Blue Note poster online... I believe it was an in-store advertising piece from back in the day. It had a tear, some tack holes, creases, and other signs of wear but I decided to have it framed anyway hoping it would still display well. I am really pleased with...
  10. Maicobmw

Workin' Kinda Hard Today

It was fine really, and I'm just happy and thankful to have a damn job but it was really one of those days. Also thankful to have Miles and the boys help wind down, with an assist from a nice Pinot Noir. :music:
  11. Maicobmw

Bethlehem Jazz Records

I had been only vaguely aware of Bethlehem Records, which was primarily a Jazz label from the 1950's. Then I recently picked up these two and was very impressed by the sound quality, compares favorably with any of the more prominent labels from that era. Marilyn Moore - Moody Hank D'Amico...
  12. Maicobmw

Skylab... Asset to the Forum

Rob went over and above during a recent transaction... a real gentleman.
  13. Maicobmw

500B Phono Stage Goodness

I just got my fairly new to me 500B out of the shop. My tech (http://home.windstream.net/wbittle1/index.htm) gave it the works, replacing all caps, etc., with the intent of upgrading where it made sense but striving to maintain the signature Fisher sound. It sounded pretty darn good overall...
  14. Maicobmw

TC Tubes is Having a Sale

Just noticed that they are having a 25% off sale on vintage tubes that ends tomorrow... picked up a matched quad of 7591s for a nice price. These are great folks to deal with... trustworthy and very fine customer service. http://tctubes.com/
  15. Maicobmw

The World Is A Ghetto

Back in the day I always dug War based on their singles alone, but I don't think I ever owned or heard any of their LPs. A few weeks ago I found a really nice copy of The World Is A Ghetto at the local shop and it has been a mainstay in my rotation since... Gawd what a great record. :drool...
  16. Maicobmw

Heathkit AA-121 Fresh Out of the Shop

I've always loved the sound of this amp as she sat, but knew it was due for a check up, so off it went to Bill Bittle at Archangele Audio (http://home.windstream.net/wbittle1/index.htm). I ended up having the works done, and wow, she really sings now. My favorite amp in my stable always...
  17. Maicobmw

Rogue Audio Stealth Phono Stage Opinions?

I am considering pulling the trigger on a Stealth at a good price... Anyone have experience with one of these?
  18. Maicobmw

CBS 7729s?

Did CBS really manufacture the 7729 or did they outsource? I came across a pair that I'm trying in the phono stage of my 400 CX-2. So far they seem very quiet and kinda neutral sounding.
  19. Maicobmw

500B - Matched 7591 Quad or Pair?

Which is needed... matched pairs or quad?
  20. Maicobmw

Settled on a Phono Stage 12AX7

I've been steadily yet meticulously rolling everything I had into the phono stage of my Fisher 400 CX-2 preamp, which I use with several amp set-ups. I have a pretty fair stock of many of the vintage 12AX7 and variant heavy hitters, and they all sound great in the Fisher phono stage to varying...
  21. Maicobmw

Sherwood S-5500 IV - Fixed or Cathode Bias?

The manual mentions using matched pairs of 7868s, but no mention of setting the bias? Thanks
  22. Maicobmw

olds442111 is a Big Block AKer

I purchased some very fine tubes from Rick at a more than reasonable price. Excellent transaction, great AKer!
  23. Maicobmw

Fisher 30-A - Rolling 12AX7s?

Just curious... for those who have experience with the 30-A, which 12AX7 do you prefer?
  24. Maicobmw

Normal for a Mullard 12AX7?

Or any other tube? I understand that tubes were/are largely handmade and that there are bound to be variations from the exact physical specs, within tolerances, etc. But....the plates and micas on the Mullard 12AX7 on the left are not square, or even close. Test results aside, is this a...
  25. Maicobmw

Found My Beatles 45 RPM EP Boxset

I purchased this upon release in 1981 while attending college, at which time I had a crappy system and never really listened to it much for various reasons. Over the years and moves I boxed it up and kind of forgot about it, even though I do remember thinking about selling it in the late 90's...
Back
Top Bottom