Search results

1. freQ(*)Oddio

Good RCA Signal , Main R-Amp In Dead 9090db.

I replaced r33/r34, it came out of protection mode. Preamp is good at both outputs, speakers are checked , and swapped , wires checked, all the usuals. Speaker selector A. and B tried . Main Right is completely dead at the input/output . Left is strong . Swapped rca cable Left pre out ,to...
  2. freQ(*)Oddio

Fuse Resistor Part Numbers r33-34.

Hi Guys, I’m looking for the part numbers, and where to purchase the best replacements for R33-R34. For a 5050, and A 9090db. Thank You.
  3. freQ(*)Oddio

The Dolby Snake Oil Salesman Did Well.

How do you get the Best Sounding HiFi equipment Brands on the planet, to redesign their tried and true Monster Receiver Designs , to add an Outside Circuit to their factory’s build? Tape Decks also ? And Nobody Uses it, and seldom did then, as far as I have heard. Probably Millions of Dollars...
  4. freQ(*)Oddio

Audio Equipment Seller, My Red Flags.

I get alarmed when I see a Vintage Receiver pictures with say the balance knob turned all the way to one side, or one with the Volume all the way up , or bass and treble maxed out. Or A rear shot with the preamp pins pulled. Also power meters Maxed out. Or a Ad with 8 pictures of a pair of...
  5. freQ(*)Oddio

Big Knobs

I like cool knobs , I have recently seen some Vintage Kenwood Models with extra long and large volume knobs , but I’m not sure I like this one . Any favorite Nob votes out there.
  6. freQ(*)Oddio

It is ok to turn the treble knob flat or below flat.

Obviously its okay to turn the knob lol , but If we get new speakers , say from a jbl to a more efficient and brighter Klispch, I feel that some of us are missing the boat and just plug them in and determine they are too bright. I feel some of us may be more conditioned with the visual knob...
  7. freQ(*)Oddio

Did Later DB Models have a Improved Ribbon Cable and Better Pin Solder?

I was curious if all xoxo dbs are prone to the Dolby Board ribbon and pin Issues, or did Sansui see a problem and improve them in later production years. Thanks.
  8. freQ(*)Oddio

New Speakers on the way Jbl Studio 580s

After a long loyal love affair with my Kef r300s, I will be adding another speaker listening choice, they are on sale and the great reviews made me choose the 580s for my small /medium size room. Probably power them with a Marantz 2250b or a Sansui 9090db.
  9. freQ(*)Oddio

I cringe when someone plays 2ch sound bar.

I have friends that bluetooth music through their soundbar and turn it up loud, some of them sound good , one has a jbl bar and a sub. No matter how powerful it is, I just can't get with looking at 1 long narrow speaker pointing at me, and my brain is trying to see and hear left and right. I...
  10. freQ(*)Oddio

Remote Adjustable Sweetspot?

11. freQ(*)Oddio

Stacking 5 Sansui Receivers?

I cant understand why someone would risk stacking five unboxed beautiful 50lb receivers on top of each other. Thats 200lbs With 4 feet resting on the bottom case with no shelving Ouch!
  12. freQ(*)Oddio

Vivid Line 1800s Pickering XV-15 unblocked sound test.

Stylus is 2 years old , record is worn.
  13. freQ(*)Oddio

Marantz 4400 with missing quad card.

Does the Marantz basic matrix work without a card inserted in the socket? Does the rear preout work without the card? Or i guess i should ask what features could i be missing without a card ? Thanks for any help.
  14. freQ(*)Oddio

Maybe a Japan only Sansui release, or not a real Model.......?

A G22000, but in a Gold Limited Edition???
  15. freQ(*)Oddio

Do you judge speakers by where you like seeing your tone knobs set?

If you have tone controls, I really think many listeners have a hard time seeing their knobs change from where they are used to seeing them set, when they get a different pr of speakers.I usually read that "this speaker lacks in low end" ......but is the knob set flat from your last speaker...
  16. freQ(*)Oddio

The best sounding Preamp i own is a.. 9090DB ? How would a AU sound

I am thinking about getting a AU model Integrated amp to use for a pre amp in my system, would it sound as beautiful as the 9090db. I recently sold my new pre amp, that was purchased to replace the Sui, i used the new one for a year and for fun plugged the sui in and I want this sound back, but...
  17. freQ(*)Oddio

Sound of a restored 4400 , owners?

What sound character does a proper 4400 have in stereo config , compred to the revered lower wattage Matantz stereo receivers. Is it as nice sounding in all areas.
  18. freQ(*)Oddio

MP200 users. is it the nicest sounding MC or MM $400 and under cart?

There are so many cart choices in the under $400 range from Denon/ Grado/ Nagaoka exc. I am willing to make a final step up to a finer cart. I like a forward and flat sounding cart if possible. I dont like a reduced midrange. Currently using a MP110 its almost there, but mids are possibly too...
  19. freQ(*)Oddio

Large Scale Speaker Sound.

Bookshelves and Floorstanders both have their own sound and advantages. Large scale, multi driver speakers are something that some people have not experienced, it does not have to be a new , expensive design. A large soundscale that really makes a lump in your throat and makes your knees weak...
  20. freQ(*)Oddio

Huws epi aluminum dome tweeters

Anyone replace the original epi tweets with these. Do they sound loud and harsh ? Or as good as the originals ? No sound clips anywhere.
  21. freQ(*)Oddio

If your speakers came with port plugs

insert the port plugs , now turn up the bass a few notches you will get tighter lows, and they will be less boomy if thats what ur going for. Dont always look for the fastest route to a big low end. Try the port plugs if provided, and adjust the knob.
  22. freQ(*)Oddio

Please explain. Someone?

The strongest material known to man can cut stone/ steel/ but wears out from 2 grams of viny pressure at 33.3 rpm? Somethings fishy. Yes its tiny , but no less dense .
  23. freQ(*)Oddio

2250b sounding great. Impressed .

I pulled my 4400 out of service to replace the faceplate , and swapped in a 2250b , wow this thing sounds great, strong preamp and tone controls, the original 4400 probly needs a rebuild after hearing this nice 2250b.
  24. freQ(*)Oddio

4400 preamp rebuild Question.

Does the 2 channel preamp only section of a 4400 have boards that could be unplugged and removed diy and sent for rebuild? Mine is original and sounding a little “lazy” . It will only ever be used as a 2 channel preamp like it has been. My 2250b preamp section sounds so much more lively strong...
Back
Top Bottom