Search results

1. uvafan420

Millersound Infinity Kappa Polydome Repair

I was looking for "protection device" in the list because I thought it was you actually. :) I knew what the part was intended to be and called, unlike some.
  2. uvafan420

And I see you cannot tell time. Did you not see the time I edited my post? 80% of the time I edit posts for typos, as I type fast on a phone a lot. But, it is only common sense to point out (market) benefits of something designed for a different reason. Sound. Sure you can in certain...
  3. uvafan420

Was this the "protection device" you spoke of?
  4. uvafan420

Yes, the protection device (as you say) is marketing hype. An extra believed benefit of a something. Though since having had a pair since the time, they don't do much in the way of protection, as they can easily become more permanently dented than any dome. Taking care of things does that for...
  5. uvafan420

Not sure which bubbles. The last sentence of post 27 covers that. I have the same brochure for the 9.1.
  6. uvafan420

If I can dig out my old brochure in English (it is stashed somewhere), it would make a bit more sense. But that is what is meant by "rear surface wave". But I am sure it is on the net somewhere. I kind of figured most knew what it was being it was in a few Kappa .1 papers and literature of the...
  7. uvafan420

So, show me the text from an Infinity brochure that says they were for dents. If it makes no sense, maybe it is why we are not speaker designers/engineers. Infinity would not have added costs to a product worrying about what someone's kid would do to a dome. It would have come from a benefit...
  8. uvafan420

Translated from Japanese, the Infinity Kappa .1 brochure. I have it in English at home, will see if I can find it as well. "This diaphragm is a thing of software polypropylene composition of the newly developed super-thin film (0.3mm), and also diffuser of the aluminum mesh is attached to the...
  9. uvafan420

Apparently you have not read Infinity's brochure on the Polydome. I will see if I can find it.
  10. uvafan420

Where in the world did you get that info? They were diffusers (to diffuse the sound). I highly doubt Infinity gave 1 second of thought to what ones kids would do to their speakers.
  11. uvafan420

Kappa 9.1 Series II Specs???

My first pair of 9.1 Series IIs I bought from my brother (he was an Infinity dealer back then). He had Infinity find the very last pair they could find new as they were discontinuing the Kappa line. I bought them in the nick of time, before gone. They were 9.1 Series II, so no 9.2 afterwards in...
  12. uvafan420

kappa vs renaissance.

You have to use the same analogy powering 4 12s in the Kappas too of course. No way I would give up my Kappas before I did my Ren 90s. That is not to say the Rens don't do some things really good btw.
  13. uvafan420

How did you first learn about Infinity Speakers?

My brother was an Infinity dealer. And sitting around his store reading Infinity brochures. Infinity even made text in their brochures sound as good as the speakers. I was sold heh.
  14. uvafan420

Renaissance 90s

Well, I have lived with them both for a couple years now. I don't go by forum posts to often as speakers are as much a personal thing as anything. I buy and listen for myself and buy/keep what I like. I did the same with the K9a amongst others. But, the Ren is an accurate speaker no doubt...
  15. uvafan420

Kappa 9 Ugly Ducklings

Nice pickup. All drivers working, that's a good start. You could be creative with the cabinets. I have always wanted to get my 9.1s professionally sprayed and wet sanded/buffed to a mirror black finish. Like that of some of the Rens. The grill frames are molded plastic with some bracing. Wood...
  16. uvafan420

Renaissance 90s

Sorry, saw you resurrected an old thread. What I get for just occasionally popping in.
  17. uvafan420

Why did Infinity stop using Watkins woofers? if they are so much better?

Nor would I consider the woofers in the IRS V "walmart" quality. Infinity also made a great car sub, the Beta Twelve. Possibly they felt they come up with what they thought were better things. Could also be not working out a profitable deal with Watkins, and deciding to engineer their own. I...
  18. uvafan420

Renaissance 80/90 Port Foam

Actually, it should be acoustic foam and not just simple foam. Don't know if those are though.
  19. uvafan420

Polydome replacement

Well they look awesome. Great model of speaker as well :)
  20. uvafan420

Kappa 8.1 vs 8.1 series II

Here is the .1 Series II. Anyone have pic of the .1 Will have to pull them out again, but I believe it is the same brand caps as in my Ren 90s.
  21. uvafan420

Polydome Kappa midrange replacement / fix

I had seen his repairs sometime ago, and looked really good/original. Just did not know about sound. Shipping to and from Germany as well.
  22. uvafan420

Yes of course. Post #4 pretty much sums it up perfectly. Someone who has also tried said product, along with the others Vifa, Scanspeak, etc........
  23. uvafan420

Selling speakers is quite different than selling a 6ohm speaker as a direct replacement for an Infinity Polydome. Lots of companies sell quality drivers. JL Audio, Wilson, etc... but to recommend them for something they were not made for? Even Genesis has a very close speaker to the Polydome...
  24. uvafan420

I certainly would not consider those a replacement for the Polydome. I would look to having the dome material replaced on the original (ie Millersound) before I spent money on those. Atleast that way, when a true replacement material comes out (if ever), you can just repair them again at that...
  25. uvafan420

replacement woofers 12 "for the Infinity SM 125 resp. The T & S parameters

No surprise there, as all you get when you call Infinity (Harman) now is someone who probably has never heard any of their own products.
Back
Top Bottom