Search results

1. RETRODISKO

My DIY spiffy looking speaker cable guide..

Im curious to know what gauge is recomended for speaker cables, i have a mac 4100 receiver that delivers 80 watts per channel aprox the distance its only about 2 mts each cable ... i have used regular speaker cable from Home depot but im curious about trying outdoor speakers with...
  2. RETRODISKO

Nice wall difussor/panels for a living room suggestions?

Noo cork nooo LOL Any suggestions or links where i can have some great ideas, im totally undecided about what to place on a big wall
  3. RETRODISKO

Nice wall difussor/panels for a living room suggestions?

Hi guys i recently buy my new apartment the space is vast high ceilings and wood floor I will place the system on the living room with a nice sofas and plants , can any of you guys pint me on manufacuers of nice decorative wall absortion (panels, cork, or anything) to place on...
  4. RETRODISKO

Thorens Ground Wire - More Noise With it hooked up?

Same issue here, Two TD 125 and one TD 160 has the wires "off" from the mcintosh Receiver, and also when i use them with a UREI Mixer, I still hooked up to see if there is an improvement, but it does the opposite, a big noisy ground loop, Dont wory and leave it off
  5. RETRODISKO

Looking for Receiver Recommendations

probably i would recommend a Macintosh MAC 4100, or even better a MAc 4200, They have all in 1 unit, i own one 4100 since 1978 and is a great receiver Google it for specs and pictures, and try eBay, they are sold usually btw 600 or 800 mint can be higher,,,$$
  6. RETRODISKO

DBX 500 Subharmonic / Brainworx BX Boom Similar?

Hi guys, I recently test the Brainworx BX Boom plug in, and i like some results that I can get on some 70's disco recordings Im intended to use something similar for my live DJ sets to add that extra bass that i need for certain records. instead of using EQ only What i try to get...
  7. RETRODISKO

What TT's do you folks have

just pulled out from the storage this TD 165 mk2 together with two Thorens TD 125 and one TD 126
  8. RETRODISKO

How did I not know this existed?

For me was this album i just heard it 2 years ago, can you believe?:scratch2: http://www.amazon.com/Transfer-Station-Blue-Michael-Shrieve/dp/B0000007SV
  9. RETRODISKO

Vinyl only spin list

Baby 'O in the forest
  10. RETRODISKO

Vinyl only spin list

Baby 'O in the forest Shot at 2012-09-04 Baby 'O in the forest
  11. RETRODISKO

Thorens TD-165 belt won't stay on

Hi there, just to mention that the belt you use maybe is bigger in thickness, probably you need a less thick belt, I have 125 and 165 the 125 belt is little thicker than the 165 i can use the 165 on the 125 but i have the same issue you have if i do the opposite I dont read...
  12. RETRODISKO

Dealers or showrooms in Dallas Texas ?

Hi there, im planning to convince a friend of mine to get his hi fi gear, He is not that much on tech stuff. he lives in Dallas Tx, we'll met there in February so i can show him equipment. Can some of you guys point me to dealers of hi Fi, so he can listen hi fi equipment? he is near...
  13. RETRODISKO

What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

I own one since 1978, just one service for minor issues, this receiver still combines all that now you only can get separate... 2 phono pre,, tuner, amplifier, its a beast!! NICE:music:
  14. RETRODISKO

That amp delivers that PUNCH everybody is looking for,,, congrats...
  15. RETRODISKO

Pioneer vs. Thorens

Thorens is a great table, and as many other users mention, is a project that can be really great at the end. Nice tables. and very very well built.
  16. RETRODISKO

The NEW 'Post a picture of yourself' Thread

a recent one, on Cd Del Carmen Campeche México
  17. RETRODISKO

Vinyl only spin list

Recently here at my Bunker
  18. RETRODISKO

I have a Mac 4100 Receiver that was from my Dad, he purchase the unit and a pair of XR-3 Isoplanar Speakers, Together with a Thorens TD 126 Mk II in 1978. in Los Angeles, to Mexico City, the system was in his home till 2002 When he gave me the system. After that I move to Houston in...
  19. RETRODISKO

The song begins before the song begins?

it's the tape print effect . you can listen also on tapes. the master tape is the one who has it on some old recordings. One good example is Grand Funk album, when the kid are talking about god in some of the interludes. I have it on tape also and is the same, :music:
  20. RETRODISKO

Audio Technica Att440

One record that i dont like how it sounds is the HEART GREATEST HITS< i thought that was ye olde 881-S that was in bad onditions, lost of hissing buy, i found that is the record the one that sounds bad, Anybody have this same record?
  21. RETRODISKO

How Do You Keep Your Vinyl? Storage Suggestions Wanted

Indeed, i recomend this ikea furniture too. I kave 14,000 i use rack shelves (like the ones you see on the supermarket,
  22. RETRODISKO

Audio Technica Att440

yeah the horn section on Ai No corrida sound more clean and more detailed, separation is the same in terms of dB but i hear big diffrence thumbs up with this catridge, Alberto is the one who convince me, Im not dissapointed, im here still listening tons of records, since i get home...
  23. RETRODISKO

Audio Technica Att440

Check the link is in the first post,, also a small review,
  24. RETRODISKO

Audio Technica Att440

So i get the Audio Thecnica ATT440Mla Pics and a/b testings against the Stanton 881 ...It incluide .WAV Samples of the same song with both The package is small have his own screwdriver a needle brush manuals and all necesary to run the setup, is easy to do it...
  25. RETRODISKO

technics 1200 series TTs?

Mk2 Silver is my Choice turntable, Im a Dj since 1985, and I see the newer models come like the Mk5 MK5 G , Etc etc i prefer the original Sl-1200 MKII Period, Gold mmh well yeah its too much, The only think I think must people deal with is the Lightbulb that pops up, That...
Back
Top Bottom