Search results

1. O

Akai AA-1050 Receiver

Started up the old Akai again now, after almost no use for 13 years. Perfect sound from the speakers, no scratching when turning the knobs, it is all running smoothly. Amazing quality. (the two lights are stil out, although I have seen that they are quite easy to replace). Have not tested the...
  2. O

Akai AA-1050 Receiver

It sounds nice too, at a first listen. It makes me think of tube sound, for some reason (It doesnt have any tubes in it of course). It's got a balance knob, but as far as I hear, there is no imbalance in this unit.
  3. O

Akai AA-1050 Receiver

Haven't seen the specifications of it posted yet so here it is.
  4. O

Akai AA-1050 Receiver

I just found an AA-1050 at the electronics recycling centre. It's god a dead led or two, and the volume meters aren't working. (EDIT: Those weren't actually volume meters when I looked more carefully.) The headphone socket and the radio works fine. I'm not sure what to think of it yet. It sure...
  5. O

anyone ever heard of Napolex headphones from japan?

Napolex made some extremely expensive headphones (78000 yen in 1979). And some that were more common. What have you got?
  6. O

What are some good Sansui Head phones?

The Sansui orthodynamic has a good reputation. Although I haven't heard it myself, it sure looks good. It can get a bit pricey though when it surfaces. There are lots of nice old good sounding orthodynamics out there. And some that doesnt sound too good at all...
  7. O

Ambiophonics anyone?

I've just found an old ambiophonics synthesizer DAC at a local used items store. Did anyone try an ambiophonics setup? Anything I should think of when trying it out? (The usual ambiophonics setup is two speakers next to each other, right in front with a dividing wall in between to eliminate...
  8. O

Let's see your cans!

I forgot to post this earlier.... The old communist HOK-80 orthodynamic from east germany (I've sold it now. Still amazing what they had over there back then.) VS The new capitalist Audeze LCD-2 planar magnetic from the united states (A keeper. Amazing what we can have right now for just $1K...
  9. O

Where indeed... got to go look in my picturebox for the old HOK!

Where indeed... got to go look in my picturebox for the old HOK!
  10. O

Let's see your cans!

Audeze LCD-1 magnetostat Peerless PMB-80 magnetostat Pioneer SE-205 dynamic headphone AKAI ASE-40 magnetostat Eagle H4300 magnetostat Dual DK 720 magnetostat Yamaha YHD-2 magnetostat Yamaha HP50S magnetostat Grundig GDHS224 magnetostat
  11. O

My “new” pair of Pioneer Monitor Ten headphones courtesy of “jt4me1”!

How is the low bass on your pair (and with what amplifier?)? I know people have had different experiences with that.
  12. O

DIY Earpad Replacement

It's not that difficult if you have at leas one pad to use to measure new foam and leather, but if you want to sew the pads together then that could be some boring work. Unless you are good at it. Just be careful with the foam. Any change in thickness or springiness can change the sound signature.
  13. O

Anyone else with Yamaha HP-3's?

This inspired me to finally put my HP50S (looks basically like the HP3) together again. It got some extra felt on the vents and no paper in front of the driver (I think this is a HP50 thing, the HP3 doesn't have it to begin with). It sounds good. An odd question perhaps, but are the holes in...
  14. O

Pioneer SE-205 headphones for $3.99

The 205 that I got don't have any bass. That, and they really do have that tin can sound. But they look great, and the pads are really good.
  15. O

Acoustic Research AR-2ax speakers?

Maybe I should have bought the ar2x I saw yesterday for 20 euro.
  16. O

Monitor 10 Earpads

This is not very helpful... but my nearest Pioneer repair centre replied to my question about the same thing, saying that they do not have any pads that fit. (not that my pads needs to be replaced right now, I just wanted to have spare pads)
  17. O

Pioneer SX-650 leave it on all the time?

My A449 has been like that all the time, also when brand new. But that's a newer model although it is old now.
  18. O

Pioneer Monitor 10 Headphones

The ear pads of my Monitor 10s are soft and nice. In fact, these look brand new. They sound excellent too. I don't think that my HP890 sounds better but I would have to compare them in more detail to say something for sure.
Back
Top Bottom