Search results

1. Jailtime

Engraved 2215 - Restoration

Remove the output transistors and the bias diode clamps, take off the screws that hold the amp board to the heatsink, then remove the heatsink. All the access you'll need. I think I removed the dial glass to relamp it. Either way, it's super easy to get the dial string set up right on a 2215.
  2. Jailtime

2220B FM tuner issues

It was somewhere in the IF board, swapped the whole thing out and it's fine now.
  3. Jailtime

2220B FM tuner issues

Just tried it, no fix.
  4. Jailtime

2220B FM tuner issues

Have a 2220B on the bench with some FM tuner issues. FM audio is very quiet, that is until I test the collector of H205 with my voltmeter. That brings the audio up to a normal level. Voltages on the IF board look normal. No stereo or FM tuning meter deflection at all. Seems to me the...
  5. Jailtime

Have you moved on from vintage Marantz? If so to ?

Have you considered tubes? Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III might be worth a look, it's the best integrated I've heard, and 100 WPC. Comes in under budget and has a well regarded MM/MC phono pre onboard. If I ever downsize from my current rig, I'd get one. My speakers are much more sensitive...
  6. Jailtime

Marantz 4400 Overhaul

Ewww, I hate working on 4400s. The stock bridge rectifiers are trash, MUR1620CTG/CTRG can be fit to the original heatsink and are a huge upgrade. When you get to the PD01/PE01 boards, shotgun the transistors on them, had my share of issues caused there. Those solder pads that hold the two...
  7. Jailtime

Marantz 2238 fresh off the bench

Great sounding receiver, I rebuilt one a long while back. I really liked it. That whole series is a pleasure to work on, nicely laid out and easy access to everything, even in the big 2285 and 2330.
  8. Jailtime

Tough Choice...Marantz 2385 or 2500?

I think the 2325 would give you a reasonable idea of what a 2385/2500 could do on Fortes. Are you looking for the vintage look? Need a tuner? Tone controls? Same price ballpark you're looking in, I'd recommend a Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III for something completely different. Big tube...
  9. Jailtime

Tough Choice...Marantz 2385 or 2500?

I'd lean 2385 only for the reliability factor. 2500 transformer failures seem to pop up more the older they get. That said, the Forte III is so sensitive you should never need the sort of power a 2385 provides. Maybe you can borrow some gear outside the Marantz world to see if there's a...
  10. Jailtime

Marantz 2330B P700 advice needed

I've had the 2SA912 go noisy in my 2330B, KSA1013 sub like rBuckner said. Diff pairs are 2SC1775, sub with gain matched KSC1845. That's all the transistors I'd replace unless you find damaged ones.
  11. Jailtime

Marantz 2330B P700 advice needed

Pic of my working and bench tested 2330B amp board attached.
  12. Jailtime

Just me

Welcome to AudioKarma! Cool Stumpjumper you have in the corner there.
  13. Jailtime

2235B idle current

Dang, this might have been my first thread on AK. And I still don't have good mini grabber leads for all my equipment.
  14. Jailtime

Local find Soundcraftsmen MA-5002

Great amps, I had one I rebuilt about 10 years ago. Horrible pain in the ass to work on, I'd recommend an offset screwdriver and a small ratcheting bit driver to get the output transistors out. Mine had DC offset issues, Zetex ZTX694B differential pair transistors were the only thing that...
  15. Jailtime

Quicksilver V4 Monoblocks- it's like Christmas in December

Beautiful amps. I have some QS Mid Monos that I really love, but I can't help thinking about what V4s could do in my system. What were your previous amps?
  16. Jailtime

Marantz 3200 Right channel out

Transistor get put in backwards, maybe? Broken wire?
  17. Jailtime

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Mannheim Steamroller ~ Christmas Extraordinaire
  18. Jailtime

Best Integrated Under 3K

Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III. Has variable and fixed RCA outputs.
  19. Jailtime

Samantha Fish ~ Chills and Fever
  20. Jailtime

4400 Dolby Knob other models work for a replacement 2325 4300 4270 4240

They're all the same, makes your search a lot easier.
  21. Jailtime

2215 roached amplifier board

Wow, that's blown up real good. Did you figure out the cause yet? H703, 2SC853 - BD139 H705, 2SC371 - KSC945C H707, 2SA562 - KSA733C H715/717 are diodes, I'd at least check those, along with the emitter resistors.
  22. Jailtime

2215 roached amplifier board

2SC959 - Central Semi 2N3440, 2SA606 - Central Semi 2N5416. I used them with success in a 1060. MJE15032G can be adapted to work as outputs if the Ebay replacements turn out bad. https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/engraved-2215-restoration.813500/
  23. Jailtime

2220b recap and learning curve STILL BIAS ISSUES

I usually replace anything 4.7uF and under with WIMA film, MKS2 series 50V. The 4.7 films are kinda big, so they can pose some fitment issues. They are also non-polar, so that takes away the worry about the bipolars. But identifying the bipolar caps in the receiver is easy, just find the ones...
  24. Jailtime

Yeah, great album. :rockon: I could listen to that monster riff on "Bulletproof" for hours.
  25. Jailtime

2330B - Where's this wire go?

Sure is. No wonder I couldn't find a wirewrap where it may have broken. I must have broken it turning this beast over on the bench. Thanks for the help!
Back
Top Bottom