Search results

1. Tinyelvis

Another Pionner SX 1250 repair (this time in Minnesota)

Thanks for the replys!
  2. Tinyelvis

Another Pionner SX 1250 repair (this time in Minnesota)

Hello all, I've been away from the boards (moved to Los Angeles and had a JOB. Moved back to Minnesota now). I inherited a Pioneer SX1250. It has some problems and it's totally out of my league. So I am in the market for a professional to repair this big fella. Some images I just took below...
  3. Tinyelvis

Spring get-together at my place. Cobblefest I

The more I read, the more I'm getting bum'd I can't make it. Hope you all have fun!
  4. Tinyelvis

Spring get-together at my place. Cobblefest I

I'd love to be there, but I'll be out of town that week. Have fun!
  5. Tinyelvis

Ugly to beautiful and all I had to do was remove the back!

Slave Raider! Awesome! College days for me!
  6. Tinyelvis

Sansui G-8000 Cabinet Veneered In Walnut

Looks very nice Darren. :) btw, when is this get together again? (link to a posting?) I might be able to make it.
  7. Tinyelvis

What tuner model should I be looking for ?

I own the 112, and it is solid!
  8. Tinyelvis

Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

Here is my current setup::music: 140 3200 112
  9. Tinyelvis

Tinyelvis, exceeding expectations!

Thank you very much! Hope you enjoy the 208
  10. Tinyelvis

Empire plinth dampening....

I used an orbital sander... So, like a minute on each board. Used some Restore-a-finish afterwards. Looks nice, cept the top. The Black Widow was an eBay find for $195.
  11. Tinyelvis

I have the needledoctor.com just down the street from me, and I've had good luck with belts from them. I do have an original that seems in perfect order. Tonight's project was sanding down the plinth. Looks great, minus the top where the top sits. Not a proper veneer on it. So, I'll either...
  12. Tinyelvis

I made a 'will call' for Monday. So, I hope it'll work :smoke: Grainger
  13. Tinyelvis

I just found the replacement lamp designation: GE NE51 Plan on buying a few of these.
  14. Tinyelvis

Grommets on eBay right now. If anyone does buy bulk, I'd be up for 6 of my own. I've bought some rope caulk for under dampening. I am still in process/consideration of how to "treat" the TT, be it powdercoating or just some elbow grease and wet sanding. I have a friend that might be able...
  15. Tinyelvis

My DIY spiffy looking speaker cable guide..

Considering the heat-shrink source. They sell (I got mine at Walmart) under 15$, little butane Flame Throwers that work wonders. Just found one at parts-express Link. Many options in that department at a cheap cost..... Comes in handy for other projects also
  16. Tinyelvis

My therapy begins once more

Yeah. I would like to keep the "concentric rings" as much as possible. That is where I was going with my block sander question. :scratch2: Do you think the sandblasting would take that look out? Any insight on a silkscreen of the logo??? Where/price/DIY
  17. Tinyelvis

Did you use a sanding block on the deck? A piece of 200/320 wrapped in a block? I could think of the powder coating also. I would still need to sand before the coating.... Would it be possible to sandblast the deck lightly? <-- just a thought I'm at the point of starting this very project...
  18. Tinyelvis

Are you not going to notch the corners of the wood plinth to mirror the metal top? That would have popped something awesome! STILL, the TT looks like heaven!!! Have fun:music:
  19. Tinyelvis

very nice looking! keep us updated. btw, I just bought a 208 off the auction site. excited!
  20. Tinyelvis

ebay & shipping question

THANK YOU VERY MUCH fellas!!!
  21. Tinyelvis

ebay & shipping question

Any suggestions? AK'ers?
  22. Tinyelvis

ebay & shipping question

23. Tinyelvis

ebay & shipping question

I have a pair of speakers on eBay. This guy writes with a reasonalbe 'Best Offer'.... BUT, he has somewhat sketchy shipping circumstance. This is the note back from the buyer I got. Mind you, this is after a couple of responses from me asking about a confirmed Paypal shipping address...
  24. Tinyelvis

Mpls CL Audio Stand "BellO"

I have one of these, and they ROCK! An excellent deal http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/fuo/1214409799.html
  25. Tinyelvis

Pilot SP-210 Pre-amp re-cap pics

Great idea! I think we might have a few of those rolling around at work... If not, where o you get one/what is it called/how much? Thanks, TinyE
Back
Top Bottom