Search results

1. D

Voice of Music Console 801

Her are some pictures. Interesting how the amps are mounted.
  2. D

Thank You :-)
  3. D

My goal would to be restore. But two amp are nice :-)
  4. D

Thank you - Dan
  5. D

I have been given a V-M 801 console and they are delivering it to me on the 15th. I have been on Google trying to find some information on it. All I have been able to find, is it's a 1959 model. I believe it's stereo with two mono amps? If you have any information or opinions on it let me know...
  6. D

Thorens TD-125

Sometimes we get lucky :-)
  7. D

Thorens TD-125

Thank you for the information! Dan
  8. D

Thorens TD-125

Hi Mark, It does not have a wires from the cartridge through the tonearm. I picked it for 20 bucks and think it would be fun to try and bring it back to life. I have turned it on and it spins just fine. I was trying to figure out what this combination was about. I thinks Tom's thought, maybe a...
  9. D

Thorens TD-125

Thanks Tom :-)
  10. D

Thorens TD-125

I picked up a TD-125 turntable. What I find interesting is; it has, what I believe is a Ortofon RS-212 tonearm. There are no markings on it but by looking at pictures online I concluded this. It also as a metal plinth, I guess, it may have been recessed into something? Did the early TD125 come...
  11. D

Johannus Speakers

Thanks everyone kfa888, nice find. I have asked the my friend to hook them up so we can have a listen. When he does I'll report back :-)
  12. D

Johannus Speakers

Friend has some Johannus speakers, UL-2500, I am trying to find some information on them. What I found so far is they are speakers for organs. I guess the next question is what make an organ speaker different from a Klipsch speakers? Any information would be greatly appreciated
  13. D

Scott 130 vs Mcintosh c20

Nice
  14. D

The thumbs down is a product of a errant mouse click :-))
  15. D

Ian, Thank you for your input. Dan
  16. D

I have a Scott 130. I think it is a great looking preamp. How does it stack up against a McIntosh c20? Do I want to sell it and move on or spend some money and have it gone through? I appreciate your thoughts Thanks - Dan
  17. D

Marantz Model 1

Here they are now I had them in the shop and they have been recapped. Several of the old caps were cracked and split. I had Pat in Washington do the repair, and a nice job he did. Then I went out and built a case and mounted the three pieces. No I wasn't clever enough to take pitchers before I...
  18. D

Calbest Stereophonic info needed

I was digging through my garage and pulled out an old tube amp, I thought. Then I open it up I saw it was hybrid? Then I found your post - How interesting. a Calbest Model 6400. Someone has cut the end off the power cord so I haven't tried anything. I been wondering what to do with it. The...
  19. D

Marantz Model 1

Thank you guys, I was very careful about who I chose to do the work. I have seen some of jobs, excellent. All that said, that's why only one went into the shop :-) I will let you know the results - Thanks
  20. D

Marantz Model 1

Radioactive Man, You are probably right. But it just seems cool to have two mono preamps and two mono blocks to run stereo. The Heathkits look really cool though it seems the Scott is more musical... We'll see :-) Thanks - Dan
  21. D

Marantz Model 1

I agree one cabinet looks good here are some another pictures http://audio.mhzthai.com/uploads/post-3-1190619130_thumb.jpg http://www.classicaudiorepro.com/carimages/MM2CAB2.JPG You are right "what good are 50 years old metal boxes if they can't sing" I like the guy who is doing the...
  22. D

Marantz Model 1

If you gottem, playem Well.... I have sat on these for a year and half trying to decide what to do. I have gotten some good advice from the forum and I appreciate it. I have taken one of Model 1s to a local tube guy and I am letting him bring it back to life (modernize it.) I plan to put...
  23. D

What do I have - Stephens Trusonic 12

Thank everyone for the good information :-) I will try them with a horn in an Aristocrat cabinet and see what happens. Thank you - Dan
  24. D

What do I have - Stephens Trusonic 12

I was at a garage sale today and picked up a pair of Stephens Trusonic 12 full range 16 ohm speakers. I bought them for 10 bucks because they looked interesting. Did I wast my money or do these have any value or use? I have a short horn cabinet that takes a 12" speaker. I was thinking about...
  25. D

Can someone describe the Klipsch sound?

Kilpsch Sound I have owned Klipsch speaker since the 70s. I have had a couple of pair of Heresy and today I pair of Cornwalls I bought in 1979 and pair Belle Klipsch. My friend came by one day and described the sound as "1958 Buicks." Well I like old Buicks. Each speaker model has a...
Back
Top Bottom