Search results

1. bisonguy

G-9000 low volume output

The power switch on my G-9000 was arcing causing the lights to flicker. I removed it and confirmed the contacts were burnt. I took the internal rockers that were in good shape from a Kenwood KA-7100 switch (same rockers) and reversed the orientation of the switch so in the on position it would...
  2. bisonguy

KA-8004 volume/balance pot problem

I have a lovely KA-8004 but its 4 gang volume/balance pot is toast. The shaft had been damaged and it can work intermittently during movement or not at all depending on the position. I have searched everywhere for a replacement including placing an ad on bartertown but no luck. Here is my...
  3. bisonguy

Pioneer PL-L1000 auto return noise

I just received a PL-L1000 and I have a question for any owners of the PL-L1000 about the arm movement when returning to the stop position. It returns correctly except that there is a noise, perhaps an activation of a mechanical switch as it nears the outer edge of the record. Is this normal or...
  4. bisonguy

Question to Kenwood KD-770D owners

I have a lovely KD-770D I acquired and although it sounds terrific there is one issue that doesn't stop it operating but it just sort of bothers me. When I raise the tonearm and move it manually across the record it comes to a stop at about the beginning of the last track. It is being stopped...
  5. bisonguy

Kenwood KD-770D anti-skate weight

I picked up a Kenwood KD-770D in pretty good condition. However, I realized when I was setting it up that the anti-skate weight is missing. I tried Ebay and googling but no luck. The turntable seems to work fine without it and sounds good although I am sure it was in the turntable design for a...
  6. bisonguy

Question on Marantz 250 rebuild

Just about to recap my Marantz 250 amplifier. Other than somewhat weak right channel no other issues found. However, I have read all the service bulletins and they seem to apply for the most part to serial numbers after 6549. Mine is 4552. I would have thought that most changes would be applied...
  7. bisonguy

Diode replacement on Accuphase C-200 pre-amp

Need some help on a diode replacement for my Accuphase C-200 pre-amp. It uses four 1BZ61 diodes on the fuse board and I have one that the insulation is broken on. I have done a google search on Audiokarma and the only mention I can find is someone asking about replacing them with high speed...
  8. bisonguy

Need help with Model 600

A couple of years ago I picked up two model 600, neither working. Following all the good threads here I re-capped the first one and along with the new transistors, resistors and diodes suggested . It worked and is in my system now. Then, I tried the 2nd one but found I was getting 62 volts at...
  9. bisonguy

Kenwood KD-750 DIN tonearm cable help

I have just purchased a Kenwood KD-750, but it won't arrive for a couple of weeks. It is missing the DIN tonearm cable and I would like to be proactive in getting/making one but I have a couple of questions if there are any KD-750 owners out there. 1. I believe that the DIN connector at the...
  10. bisonguy

No bias on G-8700???

I picked up a badly abused G-8700. Case damaged. Had been dropped at some time as some of the frame was bent a little. Brought it up on dim bulb. No problem. No sound on one channel. Wildly fluctuating DC offset and no bias readings. Did a full re-cap and deoxit and shotgunned the driver boards...
  11. bisonguy

Shipping charges for Canadians

I just wanted to pass along some advice for Canadians ordering electronic supplies from the U.S. I have ordered for years from Mouser, Digikey and Newark. Great service and reasonable costs. Mouser is $8 standard rate to Canada. However, last week I was trying to find 8V 50 milliamp bulbs for...
  12. bisonguy

Need help on a 9090DB

I have been plodding along for some time on a re-cap of a 9090DB. I had to leave it for over a month while I visited my sick father-in-law. I thought I had taken lots of pictures just in case but now that I finally got around to putting it back together I have found one item which I can't figure...
  13. bisonguy

KR-8050 2nd bad transistor

Thanks to Echowars I solved my initial problem with a bad transistor on the receiver. Now, I have checked every one on the tone amp board and found one more bad one. Of course, it is one that I can't find any reference to in a google search on Audiokarma. The transistor number is 2SC2378. Has...
  14. bisonguy

KR-8050 Transistor help

I picked up a Kenwood KR-8050. It worked for about 15 minutes and then nothing. Lights on, protection light goes out but nothing else. I found a bad transistor on the tone amp (X11-1590-10). It is Q3, 2SC2167. I've searched but found no substitute other than an NTE375. It is NPN, 150V, 2A, 30W...
  15. bisonguy

Model 600 resistors

I have a Kenwood Model 600 with two output transistors gone on the right channel. The two 0.47 Ohm, 5 watt resistors part number MPC71 are both cracked. I have everything else I need to rebuild the power amp for that side and replace the outputs except for these resistors. If anyone can...
  16. bisonguy

Akai GX-747 recording issues

Just got a great buy on an Akai GX-747. Had to change the tensioner belts but apparently I have another problem. When recording in the reverse mode it is perfect. However, when recording in the forward mode the left channel playback volume is significantly less than the right and the recording...
  17. bisonguy

Odd transistor in Model 600 amp

I picked up a model 600 in "unknown" working condition. The cord was cut and all the screws on the rear panel were rusted. However, after patching the cord and putting it on a dim bulb tester it powered up fine. It does have issues. Sound on the right channel but only faint on the left. I...
  18. bisonguy

KA-9100 Protection circuit

This is a story of two KA-9100s. I picked them both up sight unseen other than some pics by email. One was with the wooden case and the other without. One was supposedly working but scratchy and the other dead but all parts were there. I diagnosed the dead machine as one bad transformer and put...
  19. bisonguy

Help to remove cap on tension roller assy - TC-765

I want to disassemble the tension roller assemblies on my Sony TC-765 RtoR but it doesn't seem to be as simple as shown in the service manual (pic attached). I can't get the tension roller cap to budge. Supposedly it just removes by turning counterclockwise. I don't want to damage the assembly...
  20. bisonguy

TX-9100 no right channel

I have a TX-9100 tuner that has lost the right channel. All the switches have been treated with deoxit but it was no help. Symptoms: - No right channel on FM but I have right channel on AM - No right channel on FM through the headphones - If the MPX filter switch is put in the "ON" position...
  21. bisonguy

KC-6060 Capacitor Replacment

I have a KC-6060 Audio-Lab Scope. It is working but I would like to change out the caps. I have one leaking and figure after 40 years it would be prudent to do them all. My concern is with two axial capacitors on board UM-1008J. They are Nichicon oil impregnated paper capacitors with a marking...
  22. bisonguy

Need SX-780 advice

I picked up an SX-780 that blew the 4 amp fuse. I checked the STK-0050 modules and found the left channel kaput. I removed both modules and while looking for replacements decided to take some voltage readings. I am concerned because when I check at the main filter caps I am getting -40.4V on one...
  23. bisonguy

TX-9100 Recap

I did a full recap on an SA-9100 that was given to me and I was so impressed with the finished product I decided to do a restoration on a TX-9100 to complete the set. Got one on Epray with some minor issues (couple of fuse lights out). So, it works fine except for the need of deoxit and I want...
  24. bisonguy

RT-909 Pinch Roller Incomplete

I've had my RT-909 for some time and although all the functions worked it didn't seem to take up the tape smoothly. I finally got around to putting it on the bench to service it with the help of Rich Pustelniakr's excellent guide. Well, I found the tape problem right away. Like not seeing the...
  25. bisonguy

Homemade Pioneer Speaker Stands

Maybe something like this is already out there but I haven't seen it yet. I wanted to get some speaker stands for my HPM-100 speakers. While looking online I wondered if there were any custom stands that might incorporate the Pioneer Logo. I couldn't find anything, so I decided to make my own...
Back
Top Bottom