Search results

1. P

Setting up a Stanton 500/D5127 on a SL1300?

I was curious if you have performed the mod yet. Also, what method/site are you using for reference on the modification? I would love to do this to that same deck, and sell off my Duals! :banana:
  2. P

sx-939 static

congrats on a great job, and a great thread. I have anon functioning 939, and this is going to be a huge help in getting started on my first restoration project. thanks everyone!
  3. P

shure sc35c- anybody else impressed?

tripod, are you using the n78s replacement stylus on this cartridge? how does this assembly compare to the current shure cartridge offering (M78S) for 78 play? also, I have an M91ED, and a 75-3 replacement stylus. would this be similar? thanks!
  4. P

preamp or equalizer for 78's?

Just getting going on digitizing some old 78's, and am wondering what people use to get the proper EQ. What is a great preamp for doing these common RIAA frequency conversions? There's a Yamaha C65 nearby I could get, also a Pioneer SG 9800 equalizer. Preferences?
  5. P

Kenwood KD-770D Headshell

Any luck on the headshell? I've been looking for an original headshell for the cheap replacement that is on my KD750. Lot's of eBay searches, but no luck so far.
  6. P

new hobby: 78's

Thanks yohan! That's the ticket! :banana:
  7. P

Doug, thanks for your info, and the links. DC7 looks simply amazing! But is there anything similar that people like that is written for the Mac? If I had to, guess I could get a copy of Windows and do the BootCamp thingy... :scratch2: I would love to get a variable (or flat) preamp, but...
  8. P

Need help with DUAL 1249..

have you just tried cycling through a full cycle by rotating the platter by hand (clockwise only)? sometimes that will clear out jammed or out of sequence cams. otherwise, sounds like a thorough below-boards cleaning is needed.
  9. P

If I can't track one of these down, and confirm it fits an M91, I may go for the Stanton AL II, still a few around, although they have just been replaced with a new disco cartridge the 500 V3. Looks like the AL II came standard with a .03mm conical stylus. Is this too small? I found one 78...
  10. P

Steph, thanks for your reply. I also read that this was an appropriate replacement option for the M91ED, but today I found a reference that stated the correct fit was with the N75-3, also used in the M75 series. The N75-3 has the following specs: used in the M75 series green color...
  11. P

78s: Stanton 400V.3 (Pickering NP/AC) vs Shure M78

So would this work well with an OM5 too, using a conical stylus instead of the elliptical? i think it's 3 mils for the 78 stylus.
  12. P

thanks Jay, will do a search for a good price on this stylus. looks like they're running nearly the cost of a whole new cartridge.
  13. P

Been involved in other work recently, and finally got back to the important stuff! Well to summarize, I've been acquiring turntables like crazy, and found a Dual 1218 (finally have a working 78 RPM player!) for 10 bucks last weekend, and it had an M91ED in it, no stylus. I know that people...
  14. P

Marantz 2240 Humm when on Phono (Help)

try flipping the plug in the socket for the amp, then try each way with the turntable as well. may need a separate ground wire for the rcvr. ground to a pipe or metal plumbing or electrical boxes. use the phono ground screw on the back for connection, or the chassis.
  15. P

PDX ad postings of interest? Teac/Tascam

These are currently posted on Portlands CL. Not mine, but unusual or quality, thought they might be of interest to some of you more serious tape machine collectors: Tascam MS16 1" 16 track reel to reel http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/msg/737533405.html Tascam 80-8 1/2" 8 Track...
  16. P

Unknown speakers on CL..

definitely. Sony Superscope. I remember the brochure. And even that was cheap.
  17. P

Pioneer SX-939 schematic per chance??

oooops, me too! hahahaha oh, well, 939's have been in the threads lately, maybe someone else ould need it. and when i bought the unit, he did some searching through file cabinets, and came back with a huge folder of original schematics for all things pioneer. copied the original on his home...
  18. P

LAB-395. 'Crunchy' tonearm movement.

over a few thousand RPM?!!! Donna Summer never sounded so good! :banana: (I don't actually know what that's spossed to mean...)
  19. P

Pioneer SX-939 schematic per chance??

I just bought a 939 from the original owner, who owned a stereo shop in the 70's. He had a schematic he copied off for me. If anyone needs it, I can scan it and send it out to you.
  20. P

PIONEER CS-R300 speakers ???

saw a pair of these today for 30 at a thrift store. very solid build quality, looked like JBL for a second, but I remembered the dual colored (independent) front grills from my youth. looked like a dome tweeter with a horn type dispersion fitting on it to me. the diaphragm was very close...
  21. P

Welcome Guests of AK!

I just noticed there are almost 300 AK members on the boards right now, and nearly 400 guests! Those are amazing numbers! So, for all you people "lurking", why not just join up and get some real one on one attention, and contribute your expertise and experiences? Honestly, this is a...
  22. P

Sansui SP2500 speakers

I appreciate the comments, years later! Looking at a pair here for 40, need to go take a listen. :music:
  23. P

Technics Linear Tracker

Anyone know of a good database for the linear trackers? I've been searching all over trying to find info on an SL-J2, and coming up with nothing. There is one in OK shape for 80 on CL, seems to have all the track skipping features, etc. But how do they sound?
  24. P

You'll love this CL e-mail exchange...

:scratch2: "but, how do I do that?..." hehehehe
  25. P

Yamaha ns10m vs ns10m studio

here is some info: http://www.sonicstate.com/digital/model.cfm?modelID=1483
Back
Top Bottom