Search results

1. C

HD Audio, is it worth the upgrade?

I am looking at an Onkyo HTIB for a gaming room or maybe just reusing my Onkyo TXDS-595 (if it still works), I might just go with the Onkyo HTIB and downgrade from 7.1 to 5.1 so I can have the HD formats.
  2. C

HD Audio, is it worth the upgrade?

How big of a difference is their with the new DTS-HD and Dolby Digital-HD? Would it worth upgrading an HT receiver for this?
  3. C

Need a budget secondary HT system.

Might go with a 7.1 Onkyo setup since they are on sale but that might be over kill in a 8X12 room.
  4. C

B&W Speakers ... now in Best Buy

Those guys are pretty much the car sells men...just without the cars. BB employees are trained to focus on features and how to move product. I'm sure most of them have not even heard of B&W, Paradigm, or any other high end brand they don't normally carry/stock. This is the main reason I prefer...
  5. C

To my knowledge they don't but I can find out for sure later today. The leads (one level above the grunts) I think do get some sort of bonus if their quotas are meant.
  6. C

Excellent choice good sir, I knew their was a reason I decided to dust off this old login name. It has been roughly 3-4 years since I last signed in to this site. :banana:
  7. C

Some of you guy need to get over the snob factor when it comes to high end audio...just sayin.
  8. C

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882108358 What does everyone think about the JVC unit in the link above? I need something small for gaming purposes and the room it is going in is of course not very big. I already have a piece together Onkyo 5.1 setup but my floor...
  9. C

At what age do you let your kids have a full beer

I didn't try beer until I was about 17 and even then I got it from somebody else. I have never been a fan of beer though, now some crown XR and coke is a different story.
  10. C

Bad News......GM puts brake on rear-drive vehicles.

Plastic only seems to carry so far in reducing weight. An example of this would be the 98-02 F-Bodys, these cars weighed in around the 3400 pound range. Strange thing is these cars had several light weight body parts such as a aluminum drive shaft and an engine that was made up of aluminum and...
  11. C

It is hard to make up for such massive weight gains. The new GT500 weighs in at almost two tons, the new Camaro and Charger are also bloated compared to the cars from yesteryear. GM made the mistake of trying to reintroduce the big body cars but their simply is not a big enough market for them...
  12. C

With the increase of a car's weight coupled with more powerful engines, then their is no way to make a vehicle more fuel efficient.
  13. C

GM puts brake on rear-drive vehicles Published April 10, 2007 Jim Metaja, Chicago Tribune General Motors has put a hold on future rear-wheel-drive vehicles. "We've pushed the pause button. It's no longer full speed ahead," Vice Chairman Bob Lutz revealed in an interview. Two of...
  14. C

So what are you driving now?

Currently I drive a 1995 Camaro Z28 Convertible, about to get a second car as a DD.
  15. C

1999 Trans Am

If that hood is stock then your driving a WS6 TA which is basically a TA with a tighter suspension. The LS1 346 (yes it is not a 350) is a great engine and blows all other previous SBC's out of the water. Oh and their is no way to chip a 4th gen F-Body, I doubt it has been reprogrammed since you...
  16. C

Looking for a good shelf system.

I'm about to move into a community dorm and leave my apartment on campus. Currently I'm running an Onkyo/Cerwin Vega 5.1 setup in my room. Their is simply not enough room for the large floor standing speakers I currently own. I'm looking for something with a lot of sound and some deep bass...
  17. C

Camera broke, time for an upgrade.

Yep the barrel on my Canon Powershot A400 got stuck outside the camera last week. Even though I was able to get the barrel to go back in the camera (had to remove the case) the camera is now basically useless since all it captures now is blurred pics. Anyway I'm shopping for another camera and...
  18. C

Best weapons for self defense (besides a hand gun).

In case you didn't know I got robbed at gun point on campus a few days ago. I want to carry a few self defense items, and before anyone ask firearms are not allowed on campus. Their is no exception to the rule unless you work for the law. Anyone know a site that sells really good mace and...
  19. C

Robbed at gun point.

All cards were reported stolen within 30 minutes after they were taken from my hands.
  20. C

Robbed at gun point.

Ended up having to go to some apartment complex in the ghetto (which is not far from the school). Some chick that goes to my school found my wallet, she said my wallet and all its contents where thrown about (I could tell since the cards were all dirty). I got everything back but the key card to...
  21. C

Robbed at gun point.

Just curious, but their were around 3-4 people in the car, the one with the gun is the only one who will do time right?
  22. C

Robbed at gun point.

Parked campus around 2:30AM and made my way towards the dorms. As I'm getting closer to the dorms a car went by me and stopped. The guy said "hey man you got a sec" and when I turned to look he pulled out a gun (still sitting in the car) and told me to give him my money. I pulled my wallet out...
  23. C

Anyone own an HDD camcorder?

I know JVC has some out and Canon is suppose to come out with their own line soon. Prices right now are kinda high but IMO it is worth it. All you have to do is plug the camcorder into your PC like a digital camera. No more changing tapes or anything like that. I'm just wondering does anyone...
  24. C

Who stays in the dorms here?

See here is the deal. In the fall I will be a Jr. and to be honest the college experience is not what I expected it to be. It seemed kind of cool at first but to me after a while it just became another high school just with tougher course and more people. I want to get more out of my college...
Back
Top Bottom