Search results

1. interalian

VPI TNT MK2.5 belts (PFA)

Anybody know what belt lengths I need for the rim drive and and the small belt from the motor to the first pulley? Mine are stretched out and need replacement. TIA
  2. interalian

New listening room with an odd shape

We're starting a basement development project and I've been "green lighted" by SWMBO for a proper listening room. Problem is, the layout may be compromised due to the desire to not feel like you're walking down into a hallway. Have a look at the picture for what is in the plans. The room is...
  3. interalian

DLNA troubles

Hi gang, I'm having 'fun' with my new rig. I have a TerraMaster 3TB NAS running in RAID1 hooked into my home network. Player is a Yamaha NP-S2000. Control using iPhone with the Yammy app. I have about 2.3TB of lossless audio on the NAS Troubles? I frequently lose connection with the app and it...
  4. interalian

Good riddance, or a suitable resting place?

Saw this the other day at the local recycling yard. Might still be there if anybody's looking for a scroe.
  5. interalian

LT-30 back in the shop

I sold my LT-30 a couple of years ago and it had been working fine until a couple of days ago. Fellow I sold it to said it wouldn't cue up anymore and there was a motor buzzing sound. Brought it back today (didn't remove platter or immobilize the arm - lucky nothing happend to it since he drove...
  6. interalian

Humpback off Maui

Sorry it's a link, but Photobucket is more like Botophucket right now. Shot off Lahaina HI, Feb 16/17 with my new D500. http://smg.photobucket.com/user/interalian/media/ACD_0837%20-%20Version%202_zpsg0yw8ud7.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
  7. interalian

Foam kits for Speakerlab S30

Years and years ago (around 1995) I refoamed the woofers on my old S30s but the supplier out of NY didn't really have the right parts in those days. I ended up with a nice tapered foam for the 8" woof but they only had a red CV style flat ring for the 10" Nestorovic passive/active driver. I...
  8. interalian

Home sound system from hell

Worked on a neighbor's home audio system tonight. She has an old Radio Shack STA-2500 driving 7 pairs of speakers all over the house and on the deck outside. Each pair has an L-pad. 6 pairs come through channel B on the STA and into a Russound speaker switch (the impedance matching one), and the...
  9. interalian

My basshead kid

I set up a decent little rig in the basement for my 14yo to use with his iPod. It's an Arcam Delta 290 and a pair of Athena tower speaks. First time he had friends over to hear it was at the weekend. All we could hear upstairs was rumble, thud, boom. When I went downstairs this morning, how was...
  10. interalian

Anybody know who made this shell?

Found it in my junk drawer and fitted the 981HZS today. Nice minimalist low-mass shell - great for a high compliance cart.
  11. interalian

Christmas imaging problem

With the tree up, I'm definitely noticing a bit of a hole on the left, and some rolloff in the upper registers. Any thoughts as to why?
  12. interalian

Pioneer Elite PD-M90X?

Got one for free and at first it didn't load due to slipping belts. Once that was sorted, I started playing through headphones and it sounds pretty darned good. It's about 8/10 cosmetically but the 'piano black' finish has gone to that purple haze look that all the Elites seem to suffer. (I have...
  13. interalian

Source for tonearm cable

Looking for bulk and relatively basic, but very flexible tonearm cable. I have a bunch of TTs to fix and I don't want to break the bank. Certain Biotracer units take about 16 wires to the arm, so flexy is best. TIA
  14. interalian

Sony PS-X555ES repairs

I have two of these on the bench right now for repair. One is working but questionable, the other was a basket case that I've got working but with a caveat. The first one seems to work OK and will play a disc just fine, but if I lift the headshell manually when it's playing and move it toward...
  15. interalian

HF-81 resto

I have an HF-81 that my dad hand-built in 1959 that's gathering dust in my basement. I 'inherited' it when he replaced the 'old tube stuff' (*) with some Kenwood separates in 1979 and ran it for a number of years after that as my bedroom stereo when I was a teenager. Now, the thing is, in my...
  16. interalian

Parts list for C-90 and M-90?

Got a decent set on the bench and before I start I thought I'd see if anybody had a decent BOM for them. No idea of condition, but somebody's been into one side of the M. Pics to follow.
  17. interalian

Don't think she'll ride this warp

Accidentally left my treasured copy of Jim Reeves Greatest Hits on my window the other day.
  18. interalian

KR-3130 resto

Got my new work benches set up in my home office, so it's time to break the seal and work on something. Think I'll start with the old Kenny KR-3130. This little guy has been in my garage system for a few years and has had a nasty background 120hz hum all the while. Popped the hood off and...
  19. interalian

R40 was the last of the RUSH tours

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/alex-lifeson-on-rushs-uncertain-future-20160308 Sad news, but 40 years is a looooong time for any band. Glad I saw them live.
  20. interalian

Sad day for my MC-10 van den Hul

Hooked my MC-10 up tonight only to find the left channel is out. :( Swapped wires and the dead channel moved to the right. The tiny internal wires aren't broken anywhere I can see either. Anybody know if Soundsmith can fix this? The stylus is immaculate and un-worn.
  21. interalian

New TT audition - SP-10 Mk2a

I've run a VPI TNT for a number of years and have had a hankering for a good DD for a while. Running my SME V arm, cart and cables, same as the VPI so the only variable is the platter movement and a solid vs suspended chassis. A buddy has this SP-10 Mk2a up for grabs and I'm spinning some stuff...
  22. interalian

Pioneer PL-L800 misbehaving

I have a PL-L800 linear tracker. Every time it powers up, the arm moves rapidly to the center of the disc and stays there. If I press start/stop, it will move back to 'rest' and the platter will slow, only for the arm to shoot back to center again. If at center and I cue+right, I can move it...
  23. interalian

SX-1080, the final stage

So after a long process getting the SX-1080 running and sounding OK, it's time for the final stage. Actually the first stage if you'll pardon the pun (see below for the reason I say pun). BTW: huge kudos for the patient tutelage of MTF and chimes from some other friendlies - thanks to all, I'd...
  24. interalian

DBT: the end is nigh?

Once the eco-nuts have purged all incandescent light bulbs from the world, what will we do for DBT setups? I've got a lifetime supply of the old tungsten so I'm covered, but what about the noobs?
  25. interalian

High-resolution audio article with odd comment

Saw this in the local rag yesterday. Article covers some interesting points about high-resolution audio, but when I got the the last paragraph I had to scratch my head a bit. http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/High+resolution+audio+lets+hear+music+without+compression/9992242/story.html...
Back
Top Bottom