Search results

1. nosirrah

AK at Christmas

Please consider making either an auction item available or a cash donation for Audiokarma's annual sponsorship of families for this season. Grumpy's wife takes charge and ensures that needy folks get some help they desperately need during the Christmas season. Every penny collected goes to help...
  2. nosirrah

Members please note

AK is doing a major software update, presently scheduled for Mar 7 & 8. We hope that goes well, but if any of you have been thru a process like this it never fails that there are problems. Bear with us as the site owners try to enhance your experience. Casey
  3. nosirrah

AK helping the needy at Christmas

Audiokarma makes an effort to help families at Christmas. Please consider helping out... see here http://audiokarma.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=174 Thanks all. Casey
  4. nosirrah

Sansui 500a Tube Question

My Sansui 500a is out to be repaired/restored and I have a question. It came with 7189a power tubes, but the tech says 2 test weak, the other 2 test weaker. Another member here tells me I can sub Sovtek EL84M tubes for the hard to find very expensive 7189a's.... Further research tells me that...
  5. nosirrah

Happy Thanksgiving!

To all of the folks here, Happy Thanksgiving, enjoy your family and friends, and all to the fantastic sounds from your Sansui. Casey
  6. nosirrah

AK Downtime

Hey Guys and Gals.... AK's servers are moving to a new building this weekend, probably the evening of Sept 30. The site will be down for what we are told will be only a short period. I hope this doesn't inconvenience anyone too badly. thanks Casey
  7. nosirrah

Speaker Select Switch for a 9090

I had a local friend do a partial recap and repair on a 9090. He found that the speaker select switch was bad, it had some traces fried away, my guess it was a Reynolds wrap condom on a fuse. {aluminum foil} Anyway I had a hard time sourcing a replacement but finally Pete came up with one...
  8. nosirrah

Sansui Forum change

In order to clean up the first page of the forum, and upon advice of some other moderators, I have merged many of the stickies that are full of the typical stuff we all see frequently. It does make that thread huge, and harder to navigate, but many times nobody goes there to find answers anyway...
  9. nosirrah

Sticky Notes

Fellow members, I'm moving some of the stickies around to free up the first page of the forum. Don't worry, all the stuff nobody reads will be saved! Casey
  10. nosirrah

AK Member of the Year

Please go to the following thread and place your vote for AK's Member of the Year! http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?p=6473620#post6473620 So many of you guys do so much for others I'd have to vote for Group of the Year.... Thanks to all of you for making the Sansui forum the...
  11. nosirrah

LB Pete saves the Day!

I've been looking for a speaker select switch forever...Pete sees that I need it and sends me one free! Now that's Good Karma! Thank you Sir! Let me know if I can return the favor. Casey
  12. nosirrah

AK Helps for the Holidays

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=478793 Ak adopts families for the holidays, Ms Grumpy manages this effort. I fully support this effort, and hope you guys and gals will too. Please refer to the link above to help during this holiday season.:yes: Thanks Casey
  13. nosirrah

Ruppert

Ruppert sends me some speaker badges I needed, free, and wouldn't accept even the postage. Now that's good Karma....
  14. nosirrah

Road Trip

Hey Guys and Gals, I'm taking a two week road trip, and won't be near a computer for a bit. Other Moderators will be watching the forum around here in my absence. You regulars help as much as you can, and contact one of the other Mods if an issue develops please. Casey
  15. nosirrah

DCinDC makes it easy

Dave sold me some Sansui parts, fair price, no paypal gift games, well packed and shipped quick. It simply doesn't get any better than that. Casey:yes:
  16. nosirrah

AK Member of the Year

Hey all, AK has a vote going on for member of the year. The instructions are here... http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=420160 Certainly we have some likely candidates from our forum..... Thanks in advance for your participation! Casey
  17. nosirrah

AK forum for holiday charity..VOA

Every year the site admins, especially Grumpy and his family work really hard on helping some needy folks for the holidays. They typically go through Volunteers of America. All you guys please go into that forum and consider a gift to help someone that needs it, every bit helps. I know the...
  18. nosirrah

Silvernerd sells Cd's

Kyle shipped quickly, threw in some extras, all good karma here! Excellent AK member.:banana::tresbon:
  19. nosirrah

GHBrian sells a Tuna....

Bought a TU 9900 Sansui tuner from Ebay recently, when I went to pick it up I find member GHBrian is the seller.... Nice tuner, and a nice guy, if I weren't in such a hurry Sat. we could have chatted about gear for hours! Charming wife, nice place, even has a well mannered Aussie Shepherd...
  20. nosirrah

Sansui Watch

I bought a Seiko watch on Ebay, it probably was a sales goal met reward back in the day when companies did such things. Kinda cool.... Hey Stene, got one of these? Casey
  21. nosirrah

Overundr1 Earns some Good Karma

Lee gave me a beautiful Sansui 500a tube receiver. It's a working but in need of restoration unit, beautiful, with the original documentation included. He packed it perfectly, all that iron was heavy, but it made the trip from Mississippi just great. Thank you Lee.:thmbsp: Casey
  22. nosirrah

PunkerX delivers the Tuna!

Mike restored and sold me a Sansui TU 919 tuner for my dining room set-up. He kept me posted as he progressed. Well packed too. Great service Mike, thank you.... Casey
  23. nosirrah

661 receiver

Finally getting around to some ancient projects around here, some time ago I bought a 661 receiver at a GW. All is well with it, set the amp voltages and currents without issue, the tuner will however need alignment. And the FM stereo indicator isn't lighting. I removed the lamp and checked...
  24. nosirrah

Outdoor Speaker Recommendations

I have recently put an addition on the back of my home, and need to replace the ancient Lafayette speakers I use for music outside. They are to be mounted up under the eaves to reduce the weather impacts, and I would prefer to keep them fairly small. The cabs/housings should be paint-able to...
  25. nosirrah

Manuals

Hey All, There are 2 new moderators to assist with manuals and the AK database. They are Jailtime, and Yungins-dad. Please don't post requests for manuals in the Sansui forum, you can post in Digital Docs for these. Thanks to all in advance for your continued cooperation. Casey
Back
Top Bottom