Search results

1. J

Qysonic-Lantana, Arrays, tads, Laugs, etc.

Still Have A Pair Of TAD II's Purchased New In 1980 I purchased a pair of Qysonic TAD IIs from a store in Manhasset NY called Audio By Zimet back in 1980. The store was a small specialty retailer for high end audio back in the day, owned by Sid Zimet. I gave them to my folks as a gift and...
  2. J

Moth stereo 30 amplifier

Re: Moth 30 Before taking a hiatus from audio, I was regularly buying and selling components through the Audiomart magazine. Amongst them was a Moth 30 passive preamp, phono preamp and 30 wpc amplifier. As I recall they were very neutral sounding components; the amplifier being more...
  3. J

Need festoon lamp for Revox B261 Tuner

Festoon lamp for Revox B261 If JM Techical doesn't have these replacement bulbs you can find them from time to time on Ebay. If you go to Ebay USA and type in Revox B261 you will find anything available on that tuner including owners and service manuals. You may have to purchase the bulbs...
  4. J

The one tuner you wished you had but don't?

The One Tuner You Wished You Had But Didn't Hmm. I've owned so many nice tuners in the past and quite a few at present which all represent excellent value in their respective price categories. But the one that I would really like to own that I have never owned? There are several...
  5. J

Yamaha T1 tuner info please!

Re Yamaha T-1 Tuner I purchased a T-1 on Ebay a few months back and find its performance to be more than acceptable. It has a nice warm midrange with decent dx'ing capabilities (however, not as good a dx'er as its more expensive T-2 brethren from what I am told). It's also a nice looking...
  6. J

NAD 3220PE worth repairing?

NAD 3220PE Worth Repairing? It all depends on how much it will cost you to repair it. Some of the older NAD amps from the '80's were fairly well built -- certainly better than the newer ones (IMHO). I have a mid 1980's NAD 3130 which I use in my system from time to time. It runs cool, so it...
  7. J

Anyone able to compare a Sansui TU-217 with something like a Pioneer SX-650

Re: Sansui TU-217 I have a TU-217 as well as Pioneer TX-7800. They are both excellent sounding tuners. The TX-7800 has an excellent reputation for its DX'ing capabilities. However, I have also found the TU-217 to be far better at DX'ing than one might believe from the write up it got on the...
  8. J

Pioneer TX-7800 Help

Pioneer TX-7800 A TX-7800 that I recently purchased off of Ebay arrived yesterday afternoon. For $59 plus shipping, this is easily the best audio purchase that I have made on Ebay over the past several years; even better than my Systemdek IIX turntable. The tuner is in mint condition and...
  9. J

TX-7800 Tuner question

Re: Servo Tuning On Pioneer TX-7800 I just received a recently purchased TX-7800 from Ebay. For a change I was very pleasantly surprised. The tuner is in mint condition with all functions operating properly. As the other poster has mentioned, the quartz lock feature on this tuner...
  10. J

What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

Re: What McIntosh Gear Are You Using Two beautiful McIntosh MR-65B tube tuners from the early 1960's; one with walnut cabinet, one without. http://www.jimmyblues.angelfire.com/page1.html
  11. J

Marantz 10b or McIntosch Mr-67

Re: MR-67 vs 10B It's been more than a decade since I owned my Marantz 10B, but it was easily one of the best sounding (and the best constructed) tuners I have ever owned. While I have not owned a McIntosh MR-67, I do own two MR-65B's in excellent condition, and would rate their sonic...
  12. J

Marantz 10b or McIntosch Mr-67

As the owner of dozens of high quality tuners over the past few decades, including a Marantz 10B with the broadcast monitor faceplace, I can say the the McIntosh MR-65B is in most respects on par with the 10B sonically, even though it's circuit topology is less sophisticated. The MR-65B is a...
  13. J

Belles Two power amplifier-info and/or opinions?

Re: Belles 2 Amplifier Actually, my experience is with the Belles I amplifier, which I purchased with its companion preamplifier in 1983, from a friend who'd recently opened a small hi-fi emporium. I had the option of purchasing the Belles II at the time ( a mini version of the one -- and to...
  14. J

Revox A76 tuner?

Re: Revox A-76 I've never owned an A-76, but have always admired the A series of Revox gear from the 1960's. I have seen a few Revox brochures from that era, with the A-76 tuner and A-78 integrated amplifier sitting on opposite sides of a beautiful old Revox A-77 reel to reel. They certainly...
  15. J

Looking For Part: Mcintosh MR65B nameplate

Re: McIntosh nameplate for top of MR-65B I think you are referring to the name plate that sits front center of the MR-65B and houses some of its alignment circuitry. You may want to try Audio Classics in Upstate New York. They've been selling MAC gear for more than 40 years, and undoubtedly...
  16. J

What tuners do you have ?

Tuners I Own McIntosh MR-65B recently serviced and with walnut cabinet - near mint condition Marantz Model 125, mint Revox B261 mint Tandberg 3011A excellent NAD 402 mint - but backlight for tuner display burnt out - display functions fine though. Pilot MK IV tube tuner -- looks...
  17. J

First McIntosh Purchase, Don’t Laugh Because It’s Old

The MR-55 is a classic. Just bought a mint and recently serviced MR-65B with original walnut cabinet. It's a beauty with those pretty green lights against the two tone faceplate and walnut cabinet. A true collector's piece, and the first stereo McIntosh tuner ever made. However, they do...
  18. J

What tuners do you have ?

Re: What tuners do you have? Presently I own the following tuners: Revox B 261 Tandberg 3011A NAD 402 Pilot Mark IV tube tuner Marantz 125 Rotel RTC 940 AX tuner preamp Bose Wave Radio -- which when hooked to your preamp by way of its variable outputs functions credibly as a hi-end...
  19. J

New Scott 350B Tuner Purchase - Any Comments?

Re: Scott 350B I purchased one of these as a gift for my Father about 16 years ago and it's still going strong. The unit was in mint condition at the time of purchase and remains so after all this time. It also came with a vinyl cover. Being a tuner enthusiast, I have owned many over the...
  20. J

What do you guys know (think) about Classe Audio?

In the early 90's I owned a several pieces of Classe Gear: DR-2 & DR-3VHC amplifiers and DR-4 & DR-5 preamplifiers. The preamps were nicely built and good sounding. The amplifiers were really impressive in terms of overall build and sound quality. The DR-3VHC is a technical work of art...
Back
Top Bottom