Search results

1. 1Bad85111

Model 600?

So bad news, he decided to hold on to it, mentioning he feels he can get more money for it. Oh well, I guess it was not meant to be this time around. I will continue the search and hope something else comes along. Once again I want to thank you guys for the input and advice! And I will try...
  2. 1Bad85111

Model 600?

Well after these brief discussions I’ve decided to pull the trigger! I’ll keep y’all posted and thx guys I truly appreciate your input! Off to dinner I go.
  3. 1Bad85111

Model 600?

To save it. Monetary value is not the idea for me but the satisfaction of doing it. And admittedly to show it off! (LOL)
  4. 1Bad85111

Model 600?

The parts scarcity sucks but I was thinking of having a new faceplate cut and just try to get a machine shop to shave the knob fronts. The amp looks like a good candidate for a redo.
  5. 1Bad85111

Model 600?

Knowing your vision will help in getting the best advice, and pictures would be nice, too. What do you plan to do with it? Give it a forever home, no matter how homely? Flip it? Own it for the fabulous sound quality or rugged good looks? I’m all about the long term thing. I won’t sell it, this...
  6. 1Bad85111

Model 600?

Hey all, It has been awhile so shoutout to all of AK! So just wanted to get your thoughts on if I should purchase a model 600 for complete restoration. I’m looking at spending about 400 for the unit but then again I don’t know if it is worth it. Here are the details: Unit was working about...
  7. 1Bad85111

kenwood minidisc needs help!

Also wanted to add that all connections were checked and are good.
  8. 1Bad85111

kenwood minidisc needs help!

Hey all! Its been a while. I need some help on my MD deck. It is outputting static when playing audio but it records fine and plays the disc fine on another deck. I called Kenwood but they don't have a service manual. Its a JDM deck i'm thinking thats why I cant get the manual. Any help...
  9. 1Bad85111

Yamaha m-80 + UPS = disaster!

Hey all quick update, I finally received a response for the part and will be getting it soon. Just wanted to thank everyone for the help! Once I get it in I'll add to my system. this will conclude my search for the last m80 I needed (X2) for my rig. All I need now is a dbx 14/10 and I'll be...
  10. 1Bad85111

Well thanks again for looking. I checked out every possible avenue on line and no results other than a possible parts unit on everybody's once favorite online swap meet. If anyone else can help me out on possible leads I would appreciate it. Once again I will be on the prowl so wish me...
  11. 1Bad85111

I thought I saw one too but that was awhile back when i didn't need one, ha ha. But I'll find out of the OAK has it and if not then I'll take you up on the WTB. Its just the board from what I already observed. its screwed in on all four corners and when that thing pushed back it just gave out.
  12. 1Bad85111

Just looked on there and they have the part listed but the updated parts list was last year. Well I'll call tomorrow and hope they have it. wish me luck guy's! I'll update the post when i find out.
  13. 1Bad85111

So I left them a message but from the looks of the site i don't think they will provide me with the part, more like a restoration business. any other ideas? looked at the other regular hotspots but nothing available as parts or repair.
  14. 1Bad85111

I appreciate that. Im on my way there now! thanks for the info.
  15. 1Bad85111

Hey everyone, So i just received an M-80 I had my son pick up for me in San diego. Needless to say the outcome from the shipping proved to be less than ideal. The front of the clear plexi was pushed back into the meter and as you can guess the meter board shattered! I was looking on line...
  16. 1Bad85111

Yamaha KX1200 help!

Hey everyone, Hope everybody is having a great day. Well I picked up this bad boy on CL for about 40 bills, problem is its not functioning. I figured what the heck, try to get this beauty working again. I cracked it open and tried playing a tape. When I press play the heads don't come up...
  17. 1Bad85111

reconing JBL 128h with 123a kit?

Well cones are done and the drivers look good. Cleaned up my L112's and put them out and they sound awesome. I'll post some pics tomorrow. The process was pretty much straight forward, the only thing I found to be troublesome was keeping the old coil leads on the cones, lining them up with...
  18. 1Bad85111

I called them and quoted me the same price per speaker. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the kits. 2 bills, they should be here tomorrow. Quick question, I have burned gunk in the gap. Anyone have any suggestions on how to clean that out? I was going to put some acetone on some stiff...
  19. 1Bad85111

So I spoke with Ken at upland he advised me not to go with a factory kit due to them being manufactured outside of the US, they are simply not up to speed. I'm going to order a kit from SS and recone them using my original cones. I will post pics of the finished product once I'm done. Once...
  20. 1Bad85111

Well thanks for all the input. I will try.to get the original kits at a whopping $450 but I think it would be worth it. I'll repozt to give everyone a heads up when I'm done fighting it all out and get them up and running. By the way they are for my L112's. Thanks all!
  21. 1Bad85111

I have 2 burned out coils. Typical of a 128h. I couldn't salvage them obviously. The gaps are gunky but no problem getting them cleaned out. The cones are mint. I think what I'll do is buy an AM kit and replace the black cones with my aquaplas white.
  22. 1Bad85111

I think I'll just buy an aftermarket kit and try to salvage the original cones. Thanks all.
  23. 1Bad85111

Cannot find a good aftermarket kit. I was offered 2 kits for 1123's. Sorry they are 2213h kits.
  24. 1Bad85111

Hey all, Was wondering if it is possible to use a 123a recone kit on an 128h basket. Is there a gap disparity or coil hight issue? Any suggestions would be great, thanks all.
Back
Top Bottom