Search results

1. zagoras

MC 1.2 KW with Rel G1 Mk ii (hookup question)

Thanks for all the responses. However I am using both MX 122 as well as CA 50. When I am using my MC system for Home Theater purposes, I am using my CA 50 in passthru mode, which is connected to my MC 1.2 KW’s. Sub is really fine in this case. However when I am using my MC system only for...
  2. zagoras

My MX 122 only indicates “Multi Ch In” instead of DD or DTS

I see your point... But time is passing fast and I am tired of waiting for the next thing to happen. When 8K comes out, all of the current high tech AV gear will be obsolete, but I am sure the situation will be the same with something always there to replace the existing technology by then as...
  3. zagoras

So what's coming next from McIntosh? ....

MX 161 with the upgraded chipset should be on its way...
  4. zagoras

Room perfect was definitely much better... It took longer to calibrate but 1) it let me choose between different seating positions whereas Audyssey only has one option. 2) room perfect looked more professional with dedicated microphone stand, quality of the microphone, whereas Audyssey rather...
  5. zagoras

There is no option to switch between PCM and bitstream in MX122. However when i changed OPPO’s audio output setup from “Auto” to “Bitstream” the problem was resolved. Thank you, thank you, thank you ! Can you please tell me why it would not show Dolby Digital or DTS when it was in Auto mode? So...
  6. zagoras

First of all let me thank you for your answers to my problem. 1. Geespot : There is no option to switch between PCM and bitstream in MX122. However when i changed OPPO’s audio output setup from “Auto” to “Bitstream” the problem was resolved. Thank you, thank you, thank you ! Can you please tell...
  7. zagoras

:mad: I have recently changed my Mcintosh MX 150 with MX 122. I have connected my OPPO 205, Apple TV etc with high speed HDMI cable; pretty routine connections. To my surprise I am not able to receive Dolby Digital or DTS signal from any of the sources. The front panel of the MX 122 indicates...
  8. zagoras

Phono Cable for McIntosh MT5 Turntable

I have tried to use Kimber˘s Silver Streak with my MT 10 but encountered extreme hum noise... Then I tried 5 USD noname cable and there was no hum noise. I am very happy with my Kimber Select XLR"s and Bifocal XL"s elsewhere but somehow it did not work with my MT 10... Hope this helps...
  9. zagoras

MC 1.2 KW with Rel G1 Mk ii (hookup question)

Hi, My new REL G1 Mk ii finally arrived today. I am planning to use the sub for both home theater and stereo purposes. I have a connection question. I am using the XLR connection for the LFE. So no problems there... However REL also recommends to use simultaneously high level input for...
  10. zagoras

McIntosh media streamers

New to I am quite new to the forum; so i just saw your message... I had bought an MB 100 when it first appeared in the market in my country. There was a fan noise problem with the unit. I have contacted the importer. He had 2 more units in stock, we tried them as well. Not happy! The fan noise...
  11. zagoras

What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

I have 2 MC 1.2 KW, 3 MC 601, MT 10, CA 50, MX 150 (soon to be replaced by MX 122). I am very happy with my Audio units, less happy with the MX side. I use Sonus Faber Il Cremonese as my main speakers. Also have a pair of Amati Futuras with Homage Vox as center on the way.
  12. zagoras

Undecided btw Mx 122 and MX 160

Thx for your comments. I have decided to go for MX 122. That was a tough decision for me because it felt like goüng down a notch from the MX 150 I already own. However I am tired of the software problems with my MX 150. Recently received the latest firmware update (which was quite outdated by...
  13. zagoras

What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

I am using 2 Mc 1.2 KW, 3 MC 601, CA 50, MX 150, MT 10 (and the Mc clock :)
  14. zagoras

Undecided btw Mx 122 and MX 160

Hi All, I currently own 2 MC 1.2 KW's, 3 MC 601's, MX 150, CA 50, MT 10, Sonus Faber Il Cremonese, SF Amati Futura, Homage Vox. I am quite puzzled in deciding whether I should go for MX 160 or MX 122 for an upgrade on my MX 150... The main difference seems to be room perfect (which is not so...
Back
Top Bottom