Search results

1. 1

Dynaco A-35 recap etc

Frequency response, to see how much improvement there was.
  2. 1

Infinity RS II crossover recap/upgrades....what can stay?

Let them go in favor of what, might I ask? That is a pretty big assignment, besting RSII's
  3. 1

Dynaco A-35 recap etc

Beautiful! Have you measured them by any chance? I'm considering doing the same thing with my 35's
  4. 1

Dynaco A25 vs A35, why the different xover point?

Alas, another incomplete thread on A35's...I will keep digging in this graveyard. Otherwise, I am ordering both 8uf and 5uf caps to test it myself.
  5. 1

Dynaco A-35 crossover question

I just read this thread, which is older, and had little hope that vinylviola would respond, but I see you're back! What was the outcome? I am about to do a pair of A35's myself
  6. 1

Local find Soundcraftsmen MA-5002

You are the best! Just starting on a self education in electronics, and old devices are such a pain, having no prior experience.
  7. 1

Thanks, 2 hopefully last questions. Is this correct: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/ON-Semiconductor-Fairchild/KSC1845FTA?qs=UMEuL5FsraDCmxWozTypUA%3D%3D&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI95SH19if5wIVDdvACh0USQI4EAQYASABEgKD1_D_BwE Then pertaining to the outputs, are there any good modern devices to...
  8. 1

So the 1845 isn't necessary? I was under the impression that was your preference. Am I losing anything going that route? I have a PCR800, a ProPower One, 2 A5002's, and an A2502. I'm not totally sure that they all have those, but I think they do. Thanks so much
  9. 1

Great info! Is this the correct one? I'm repairing/restoring a PCR800, and I believe they use the same transistors you guys have been discussing. How many would you guess I should order to have a chance to have enough matched pairs for 5 amps? And how closely do they need to be matched? Sorry...
  10. 1

Ohm Walsh 4 woofer repair needed

Old thread, but, what foam did you use, and from where? Thanks!
  11. 1

Ohm Walsh 4 Refoam Questions

I would like to revive this thread yet again, as I would like to draw it's attention to the moderators, that the links in the thread now take you to a phishing/scam/virus site. Is it possible to remove them? Jon
  12. 1

Sansui 800 re-do.

If you wouldn't mind, that'd be awesome Rob. The transistors that you used would probably be most important to me, but whatever you have would be most appreciated Jon
  13. 1

Sansui 800 re-do.

I have two of these awesome receivers, one working, one not. Might you still have a capacitor and transistor list Rob? I'm in Ohio, so you're a little far for mine Jon
  14. 1

Need quick advise : AT20SLa on my Technics 1200 M3D worth a try?

I have a chance at a resonably priced AT for my Technics, but I understand the heavier arm isn't ideal. Does this mean i shouldn't bother, or might I have success if I lighten up the arm as much as possible? I am in a pinch time wise, so replies asap would be really helpful. Many thanks in...
  15. 1

Upgrade help Soundcraftsmen PCR 800/Pro Power 1

Okay, I've decided to put as much current info I can find in this thread, for my own reference, and for others who need it. Until it has been peer reviewed, use it at your own risk. Initially I will just be dumping in any info I find. Later I hope to organize it in a way to help a novice First...
  16. 1

Marantz faceplate screws - clarification

I don't believe I've ever seen a lot, I have several models, if I have the one you need the size from, I'd be happy to measure it. I believe many if not all, are the same. Jon
  17. 1

Upgrade help Soundcraftsmen PCR 800/Pro Power 1

Hi guys, I have I each of these and would like to make them their best. I have seen threads in the past that have some of this info, but I can't seem to find them, or the info is old in the threads I can find. In my mind it seems like echowars might have been involved. In one or more of these...
  18. 1

JBL 325A Sound Decent?

I have these and they are definitely worth $50.
  19. 1

Soundcraftsmen DX4200 mess... How to proceed?

Yup, kinda goofy I guess
  20. 1

I believe he meant that the ones in my unit were made those years. The numbers on the units have those years in them. Sorry, I just got time to check the post. 137 8705 41660251 And 137 8622 41660241 I believe the first set of numbers have to do with production runs and the second part must...
  21. 1

Thanks for the ideas guys, I'll see what works best and report back. I got a reply from CTS. They said they don't have any info on the pots other than that they were made in 1985 and 86. They also said they don't recommend cleaning pots.... with anything, or lubricating them. They also said that...
  22. 1

They're all that way Avionic :( So, unless I find something effective at dissolving that gunk, I'm going to have to unsolder and disassemble 22 of them. I'm sure it won't leave them mechanically as sound as original. It's very difficult to open up those end brackets that are crimped very...
  23. 1

Thanks for the advice, I had already used the Contact cleaner. Afterwards this one moves better but is still kinda sticky feeling in movent. It's not sticky to the touch though. I think it's the plastic guides that the non contact part of the slider moves in. I've contacted CTS, the mfr of...
  24. 1

Deoxit wasn't doing much so I went to work with the Ideal Electronic switch and contact cleaner and a q-tip
Back
Top Bottom