Search results

1. secretsenor

Energy efficiency

How much energy is a vintage amp using when it's turned on but no source input is going through it? I have an AU6500 as my main set-up and it gets left on. Just wondering how much energy is used in the absence of a stand-by mode...
  2. secretsenor

I think you had better sit down.

http://vintage_electronics.australiashoppe.com/electronics/14998.html?q=&sort=3&fsoo=2
  3. secretsenor

lost thread / lost mind

nope I've searched through those... Maybe it was most stylish or coolest or something... There was a speaker with a white cabinet - Eames design I believe... It was lovely!
  4. secretsenor

lost thread / lost mind

I was looking for a thread on here that had some really awesome looking speakers - but try as I may - I just can't find it... I think it was something like - the best looking speakers ever - or something like that....
  5. secretsenor

Losing a channel

when played at low volume - I seem to lose the left channel of my amp. Any ideas (other than stop mucking around and play that music loud!)?
  6. secretsenor

who?

Standard SR-157 SE, stereo integrated amplifier Description: Vintage midi-sized amplifier. Made in Japan Features: 12 watt per channel. Inputs: Phono (magnetic & crystal), Tuner, Aux/CD, Tape (in/out) DIN. Outputs: One pair of speakers, Headphones. AC & DC protections. Voltage selector...
  7. secretsenor

Sansui playlist

Can't go past King Crimson - larks tongues in aspic or anything by Gastr del sol... ahhhh - think I'll just pop it on now.... technics 1300 + Au 6500 + RTR800D
  8. secretsenor

My first TT...you pick

If you can make the leap - get a technics 1200 - you will never look back and it will look after your records.
  9. secretsenor

Sansui Turntables - any good?

I've already got a couple of turntables - but if there was a good sansui one - it might make a nice match with an AU6500 (or AU9500 when I find one) Your thoughts?
  10. secretsenor

Leak stereo 70 - opinions?

Thinking about it... Anyone know how good they are?
  11. secretsenor

speakers + toddlers = #%^XFGDDF

Is that a diy speaker cabinet? looks great. Is there a design diagram somewhere?
  12. secretsenor

OK - steel grills under the cloth... That sounds good. This had crossed my mind - but srewing them into the cabinet had not. fastening to the cabinet means that they won't move - become a weapon or sled or high tech battering ram of some sort... Sounds good.
  13. secretsenor

on their side...

just for my own clarity on what you've said. There'll be less definition - sounds will be blurry. Will this be less with a heavier speaker?
  14. secretsenor

Any one got photos/ideas for child proof speakers or set-ups. I was thinking electric fence - but perhaps a simple unclimbable enclosure might be more inline with the Geneva Convention. I'd hate to have to water-board mine or my friend’s children for their indiscretions.
  15. secretsenor

on their side...

How do speakers perform on their side? Will it affect the performance of the drivers? Will it damage the drivers? I'm guessing not - but would rather not guess...
  16. secretsenor

who here is careful with their speakers

Day to day the volume knob is between 1 and 3 out of a max of 10. 20 years ago I would run the speakers at 10 and roll forward the bass and treble controls to really shake the house. Things did indeed shake. Now 2-3 is fine and can be heard through most of the house.... That's enough for me. My...
  17. secretsenor

RTR EXP-12m Any info? Input?

I have recently picked up a pair of RTR 800D's - there's a link to the ebay sale on the following thread http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=379871 Do you know how early or late these might be? Any information would be great!
  18. secretsenor

RTR 800D (series 3???)

*Bump
  19. secretsenor

RTR 800D (series 3???)

I wonder where they sit in regard to this post... http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1781742&postcount=24 They are interestingly designed and need work - I just wonder about there pedigree
  20. secretsenor

RTR 800D (series 3???)

Can anyone ID these speakers? http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200624173618&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
  21. secretsenor

Sansui AU6500 - gone bad

The only reference I have for this story is that the amp was working nicely for at least a week before the problem. I pulled the 'faulty' amp out and pulled out the inputs and speaker cables. I then remembered that this amp didn't have the original loops that go from the pre-amp to power-amp...
  22. secretsenor

Sansui AU6500 - gone bad

The unit had been sitting for a while. I plugged it in, set up, played a few records through it and it all sounded sweet. About a week later, I forgot to turn it off one evening and fell asleep. I was woken by cracking noises - It actually sounded like foot steps - I was half asleep...
  23. secretsenor

Comparison?

great. thanks.
  24. secretsenor

Using a serial number to identify a speaker series

Thanks. I think they are either series 1 or 2... I'll have to search around for an EQ.
  25. secretsenor

Using a serial number to identify a speaker series

They are Bose 901's Serial number 135256 & 1352568 I have heard that the first series of these speakers was the best - any way to find out which ones these are or how to ident a series one speaker?
Back
Top Bottom