Search results

1. cerwinbob

Infinity Quantum Reference

They are the beginning of superspeakers as I gotten to know them. They are the prelude of the IRS V with a few weakspots but rarer as I have seen a couple of IRS:s out the last couple of years.
  2. cerwinbob

Old picture, sorry for the quality.
  3. cerwinbob

Hi! Long time since I was active here. Last time was actually about the same couple of speakers a pair of Infinity Infinity Quantum Reference -77. I have now collected a couple more old infinitys (rs 4,5 rs 2,5 and rs2b) and would like to sell my big Quantums. Being located in sweden I dont...
  4. cerwinbob

Rebuilding the passive crossover, Quantum Reference

The restoration is now finished, sory for not posting. The reason it has taken a while is due to alot of work and the fact that my computer broke down in the middle of everything... As you can see in the pictures I have replaced the orignal filmcapacitors with new mundorf Supremes. I have...
  5. cerwinbob

Jarre: Sure right now the are hooked up to a couple of infinity modulus, the have a great sound. Cant wait until I get the 4,5 ready for action. Tomlinmgt: Thanks, they are in the same caliber.... ;)
  6. cerwinbob

Hi guys Sorry for not keeping you updated, have been alot at work and my computer broke down after 7 years of service. Have soldered the second crossover and are awaiting help to get it mounted, have emailed watkins stereo for help regarding the wirering of the woofers. So by this weekend I...
  7. cerwinbob

InAp: Had some serious luck finding these, I think the are the only pair in sweden. Wonder how many infinity made? Jarre: Seems like ebay might be the answer, found some there. Will keep posting as the project progresses. Might be I use your way, if its easier attaining the caps. Found...
  8. cerwinbob

Hi Guys I am in the bussiness of rebuilding the pasive crossovers in my speakers, in need of some advice I turn to you. First is a Picture of the crossover itself. The components I want to replace is the film and electrolyt capacitors and the resistors. The films are going to be...
  9. cerwinbob

Watkins woofers- what's so special about them?

Got hold of a couple of RS 4,5 last weekend too ;)
  10. cerwinbob

The room is not up to dimension and the amplifiers are as follow. Bas: Dynamic Precision NO1 Upper: Xindak monoblock Preamplifier: M.F. HTP Origninal but upgraded active crossover.
  11. cerwinbob

Hi Guys Here are some pictures I took after I finished work. Hope they will satisfy.
  12. cerwinbob

Sounds nice, think they are the forefather to the IRS. Should I post pics?
  13. cerwinbob

http://www.infinity-classics.de/models/Quantum-series-1976/index-Quantum.htm These are the ones I mean. Dont know how many where made? Trying to find out, think I have the only pair in Sweden.
  14. cerwinbob

I have a pair of Quantum Reference and those 15" watkins are really nice, goes down to 18 hertz ;)
  15. cerwinbob

Infinity QLS Reference as promised

Hi As promised in the thread before. Finally I got the babies home, after 2 cancelled attempts due to bad weather. At the first glance of them I whas a bit chocked, they are gigantic the subs are the size of a refrigerator and the panels 2 m high. The finish was wonderfull in oiled...
  16. cerwinbob

Quantum Reference Standard

Thanks for all good words. I will drive them with my matching Dynamic Precision NO1 pre and power amplifier. Works good with my Kappa 9, but as the second amplifier I do not no which one is best. I got one Pioneer M3 Exclusive and a Hitachi HMA 8300. All elements are alright and the...
  17. cerwinbob

mistake, sorry
  18. cerwinbob

The condition is said to be almost mint only one owner never been moved. Link http://213.132.112.100/images/75/7589829887.jpg
  19. cerwinbob

I already found the site you linked, thanks anyway. When you say very right you meen I bought them cheap, what should the normal price be? Havent seen any of this around and cant find any. Seems like they are qiute rare?
  20. cerwinbob

Ok, so the subs are a little bit sluggish and the rest very good. What do you think about hte price?
  21. cerwinbob

Hi I maybe made my biggest yet in my hifi-life. I bought a pair of mint Quantum Reference Standard from the original owner and I havent even seen them, I paid an equivalent to 2200 USD for them. What are your opinion on this? If any of you have info or tweaks on these I would be glad...
Back
Top Bottom