Search results

1. M

McIntosh ML1C speakers

Mcintosh ML Series Those speakers were designed in order to be listened with a Mcintosh equalizer. They will sound much better when any of those equalizers are attached to the preamp or to the power amplifier. They will sound much better that any new expensive speakers that are now in the...
  2. M

listening room do's and don't?

It is much better to lift those speakers ( ML-1C ) from the floor, they must be placed on a strong stand along with the equalizer, and if you remove the cover grill they sound much better also. I prefer to use the MQ-104 and the MQ-107. The only problem that I had with the ML-2 was the speakers...
  3. M

ML-1C Tweeter Replacement

It is much better to follow the recommendations made by Mr Roger Russell by buying the crossover from him, and buying the tweeters made by Morel from Madison sounds. Nowadays those speakers might cost from than 2 thousands dollars
  4. M

Mcintosh ML1C Speakers & MQ-101 Equalizer Question

The MQ-104 and the MQ-107 they are much better equalizers. Those are the ones that I use with two pair of ML-1C
  5. M

Pioneer PL A45D

Is the lateral counter-weight on a Pioneer PL A45D ( Turntable ) required in order to operate properly ?
  6. M

MA-6100 Replacing the volume control pot

When I connect a power amplifier to the MA-6100 the volume control sounds that it needs some cleaning, and I cleaned it pretty well, probably, the volume pot is defective also. I do not kow caps were really replaced because the phono section of the preamp sounds worst than before
  7. M

MA-6100 Replacing the volume control pot

Mcintosh MA-6100 gets louder by itself The volume of my Mcintosh MA-6100 gets louder by itself. I have sent it for repairs and the caps were replaced, but the situation is getting worst because one channel is louder, it looks like the problem has not been corrected. I think it is grounded...
  8. M

McIntosh ML-1C speakers

Mcintosh ML-1C If they were going to build speaker like that today, the price would have been more than 2,500 dollars each, because a lot of research and testing was invested in order to put them in production.
  9. M

Mac ML-2C Speakers on Austin craigslist: $300.

Mcintosh ML-2C Those speakers have a tremendous sound, any speaker designed by Russel are good speakers, specially the XRT-22 of which I own a pair also. The ML-IC they can be upgraded with new crossover and new tweeters. All my Mcintosh speakers have been rebuilt and I will not change them...
Back
Top Bottom