Search results

1. vintage-yungin

A little update from Germany...

I must say after a while of listening to this sub, I am 100% positive that my Velodyne DLS-3500R is a far better sub woofer than the Martin Logan. I may be doing a little surgery on the two, the driver in the Martin logan seems to be a much better quality unit. I'm seriously considering...
  2. vintage-yungin

Pay no attention to the nasty wiring... this is a work in progress! Shawn.
  3. vintage-yungin

So every now and then I come across a half way decent deal on something unusual for my area and I'll pick it up. Last week I spent from Tuesday afternoon till thursday afternoon in a hospital bed after a brief physical altercation with the cap of my way over heated expansion tank in my BMW E34...
  4. vintage-yungin

Been a while gentlemen!

What's your point?
  5. vintage-yungin

Been a while gentlemen!

Wow man that's awesome! I'm glad to see my repairs are still holding up!! I have considered tracking down another technics micro system, they are just built to well! Shawn.
  6. vintage-yungin

Been a while gentlemen!

It's nice to be back Mark, how you been brother?? Shaw.
  7. vintage-yungin

Been a while gentlemen!

I don't know how long I'll be using it, I'm considering selling it to buy a active crossover. Not sure yet though. I adjusted the Freq on the back and it still sounds like a mid woofer instead of a sub, I have adjusted everything but just can't get that sub sound... I'm running the sub section...
  8. vintage-yungin

200-300 watt subwoofer plate amp

What about building an internal crossover network and mounting it inside the sub? That's how my 12" passive sub is built. Dual VC driver with a 2 channel crossover built and mounted to the terminal plate.
  9. vintage-yungin

So Any recommendations for a good crossover? Shawn.
  10. vintage-yungin

Maybe I just have not found the right adjustment with the 120X-DS, I have not been able to trim off enough mid range so I get a lot of vocals and other undesirable sounds through the subs which in turn a bummer as I figured the 120X-DS and the A502 would work out just fine. I'd still prefer to...
  11. vintage-yungin

Funny you ask this, I have already converted them to external amplification, running a DBX 120X-DS Subharmonic synthesizer through a SAE A502 amp to the bottom end on the polks. unfortunately however I don't have A crossover so it doesn't sound right. I still really like the idea of having their...
  12. vintage-yungin

Yes, repairing the the amps will run about $125 a piece plus shipping from and back to Germany so I'm looking at about $300 to have a really crappy set of plate amps rebuilt. I figure I could spend around 200 a piece on good solid plate amps and when it came time to start modding them and...
  13. vintage-yungin

Been a while gentlemen!

It sure has, 4 kids, a wife and the army consume a rather large portion of my time haha. Dad is doin pretty good, he just retired not to long ago so he's trying to enjoy his time now!
  14. vintage-yungin

looking for suggestions on a decently priced sub plate amp with 200 TMS or more. I need to replace the amps in my Polk RT2000P's as one is out and I'm sure the other isn't far behind...they're pretty cheesy! Any one have any good recommendations? I have been considering buying a couple Dayton...
  15. vintage-yungin

Been a while gentlemen!

Thanks brother, and thank you for the appreciation! Shawn
  16. vintage-yungin

Been a while gentlemen!

Shoot me a PM brother! P
  17. vintage-yungin

Been a while gentlemen!

its been about a year since I logged onto AK, things sure have changed around here! How has every one been? Last time I was here I believe I reported selling off all my gear accept a amp, pre, CD player and a small set of speakers... I have slowly (very slowly) been getting back into it all...
  18. vintage-yungin

Sold everything last year!

Wow just went through and read my post, lesson learned! Never post from a cell phone... Shawn.
  19. vintage-yungin

yeah same here pretty much, we should be out of the states by the 30'th! Shawn.
  20. vintage-yungin

All around for sure!, how you been brother? Shawn.
  21. vintage-yungin

So here's the story, late last year I found out that I have orders out of the united states. We started figuring up what we do and don't need to take with us. We cleaned up the house and got rid of a lot but finally the question came down to what heavy stuff can we get rid of ? After serious...
  22. vintage-yungin

Denon DVD-2500BTCI blu-ray player

Picked up a Denon DVD-2500BTCI blu-ray player up for 20 bucks this morning, it came with the remote, it works fine and all but I'm not a big movie watcher. I figured its Denon so it'd be worth at least 20 bucks. Is this a decent player? or is it another run of the mill low end junker? I have a...
  23. vintage-yungin

Happy Birthday to vintage-youngun

Damn fellas, sure is nice to know yall are still here to wish me a happy birthday after 10 years, was a hell of year I must say, I watch my little man grow so much in his first year of life and now found that the wife and I have twins on the way! I'm very blessed. there has been many ups and...
  24. vintage-yungin

DIY CD player

Little update, Been a bit since I did any work to the CDP but the project has taken a new path. I picked up a Magnavox CDB492 CDP from a local pawn shop ad luckily it has the swing arm transport in it. I will be reassigning the transport to my CDP also really considering building a 6DJ8 tube...
Back
Top Bottom