Search results

1. Biggs

M&K V90 subwoofer

Thanks for the input - unfortunately didn't snag em. Craigslist ad - there in the morning, gone by the time I could get to em that evening. Oh well, he who hesitates...still looking though. By the way, any suggestions are welcome - 25 hz or less, musicality over impact (sealed box?), proabably...
  2. Biggs

What Klipsch are these? Chorus, Forte or something else?

Look to be Chorus II's with a bad paint job or something. IMO definitely worth the money unless they are blown or in really bad shape. Biggs
  3. Biggs

M&K V90 subwoofer

Hi all - got a line on a M&K V90 sub for around $100. Mid 90s vintage I think, 90 watt amp, digs down to 25 hz or so, sealed box, supposed to be very musical. Don't know if I really need a sub for my setup (Forte II's in the main system, Quartets as seconds) but I've been kicking around the...
  4. Biggs

Klipsch klf 20 vs klf 30 ??

Haven't owned but heard both - preferred the klf 20. Thought it dug a little deeper at "average" listening levels. Room size is probably a concern, 30s need larger accomodations to open up. Always wanted a pair to audition at home. Rear speaker panels were a problem for some klfs as I recall -...
  5. Biggs

Klipsch RF-5, RF-7, KSP-400, RF-82, RF-83 -- which one to get?

Depending on price, I'd go for the RF-7s or 83s - cream of the crop of those listed IMO. I preferred the 83s over the 7s. The RF-7 IIs would be the current equivalent - 83s & 7s no longer in production. Never heard the KSPs - somewhat of a departure for Klipsch as far as speaker design goes. Biggs
  6. Biggs

Klipsch Chorus or Forte?

Either would work well with your amp as both are very efficient. I've heard both & currently own Forte IIs. Chorus have a " larger" sound stage but Fortes tend to dig a little deeper and don't need as much room to open up. Depending on condition, I would save the $300 & go for the Fortes. Biggs
  7. Biggs

Underrated speakers

Quartets - overlooked gems from the extended heritage line of Klipsch speakers. Not cheap but can be found fairly inexpensively considering the $1000 price tag of 1989. Kinda like Heresy's on steroids. Biggs
  8. Biggs

Klipsch with foam...

Savards - not Klipsch. Biggs
  9. Biggs

L100 Century's vs. Forte's @ Same Price

I'd go with the Forte but at that price they need to be in great shape. Biggs
  10. Biggs

Ask yourself why don't you have a pair?

So many speakers, so little time. Biggs
  11. Biggs

List your Klipsch speakers

Heresy Quartet Forte II -Biggs
  12. Biggs

Solved the Heresy lack of bass problem

Yikes - That's some spicy meatballs! Seriously, nice gear. I'm envious. Biggs
  13. Biggs

Klipsch Forte II

Sounds like something's not right there for sure. I happen to love my Forte II's and they certainly shouldn't sound "boomy" or muddy in the mids and highs. Biggs
  14. Biggs

Klipsch Heresy's with upgraded crossovers, vs. stock Forte

i agree with Coytee on this - very well said.:thmbsp: Biggs
  15. Biggs

Were there ever RF-72?

There is however the RF 7 II, updated version of the RF 7. Perhaps that is what you are referring to? Biggs
  16. Biggs

RF-3 vs Quartets

Have not heard RF 3s but the Quartet is the most overlooked of the older Klipsch speakers IMO. Great bass, good balance. Almost like a cross between Hereseys and Fortes. Seem to be kind of rare in the used speaker market compared to other Klipsch. I say go for it. Biggs
  17. Biggs

quartet opinions

I love my Quartets. Think they may be the most underated of the Klipsch line. Don't quite have the bass of my Forte IIs but I much prefer them over my Hereseys. Biggs
  18. Biggs

My first listen to the Quartets - W O W...!!!!

Always thought Quartets were kind of overlooked compared to other speakers in the Klipsch family. I bought mine new in 1989 and have since aquired Heresey IIs and Forte IIs. The Forte IIs dig a little deeper and offer a more "room filling" sound but I much prefer the Quartets over the Heresey...
  19. Biggs

what surrounds for Fortes?

In surround mode (5.1), I use my Forte IIs as mains, Quartets as rear, with a single Heresy as front. Not an ideal setup, but I mainly listen in 2 channel mode anyway and like to use what I have. Biggs
  20. Biggs

Quartets

I love my Quartets almost as much as my Forte' IIs. I think they are some of the least appreciated Klipsch. I agree that $200 for a pair in good condition with upgrades is a steal! :thmbsp:
  21. Biggs

AK Klipsch owner's club group started

I'm game - will Heresey's, Quartet,s, & Forte II's do? Biggs
  22. Biggs

Vintage Speaker Help...Low Wattage

Pretty much anything in the Klipsch lineup would work. Meduim size vintage - maybe Heresys or Quartets. Biggs
  23. Biggs

Quartet vs. KG4

I agree with silversport and prefer Quartets over KG4s although the KG4s are nice sounding speakers. If you enjoy your Heresys my guess is you would like the Quartets better also (3 way system compared to 2 way KG4s). Biggs
  24. Biggs

Quartets or Heresy Mains in Home Theater

Think I would go with the Quartets and use a Heresy for the center. The Quartets dig a little deeper in the bass dept. I use my Forte IIs for mains and Quartets for surrounds. Biggs
  25. Biggs

Klipsch Cornwalls

Deal of the century! Enjoy
Back
Top Bottom