Search results

1. S

Favorite gear added to your system or collection in 2022?

Anthem STR Integrated. An absolutely AMAZING piece.
  2. S

Denon cartridges.

Another 301 user here. Great cart. Very low surface noise with it and it tracks almost like an old high compliance MM cart.
  3. S

Epicure 20+ opinions

Just happened on this thread in 2021. I can't believe there was ever a time or ever a person who considered Bose "audiophile" quality. Must be how we got trump.
  4. S

Who's heard these?

Bumping. I'd really like to hear of any real world experiences with either.
  5. S

Ordered 1.7i Maggie's today. (Edit) Would like sub ideas please.

I used Gallo TR3s with mine. Great subs.
  6. S

Who's heard these?

After years of Maggies, A while back I bought a pair of GoldenEar Tritons 1s. They do double duty in 2 channel and HT setups. They are great for movies...less so for music. I may eventually go back to Maggies, but am curious about Spatial Audio M3 TurboS and Eminent Technology lft 8b. I would...
  7. S

I love my Onkyo A10 int

I had one that I bought new back in the day. A really sweet amp! Somehow it slipped through my fingers, probably in a divorce/move. I'd love to find one just for the nostalgia.
  8. S

Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

8005 SACD player.
  9. S

have y'all seen this RadioShack wants to auction customer info.

Just another reason to be happy they're going under.
  10. S

New Grado's

Just got my wife a pair of 80s...really great, esp for the price!
  11. S

My weekend "upgrade" experience

While I agree with most of the comments, are you sure there's not an incorrect setting somewhere? Speakers set to "small" or something? It seems odd that it would sound that bad.
  12. S

Record weights, clamps, pucks.

I use a weight. It looks cool. Other than that...
  13. S

Polk Monitor Series as A Whole?

I had the first version of 10s as my main speakers for years. Eventually one of the peerless tweeters failed and they sent me one of the clear dome versions as a replacement. Although the peerless are regarded as the "best", I honestly could not hear a difference. I still have them, although...
  14. S

finally pulled the trigger and boy am i pissed!

Yamaha buys lots of ads. That explains the otherwise unexplainable positive reviews.
  15. S

Tell me about Shure V15 carts

IMO, not even in the top 10.
  16. S

Just discovered NAD was still in business. Better or worse?

As the owner of a Lexus LS, I wold chuckle at your BMW.
  17. S

What to buy at Radio Shack

The next quality item RS carries will be the first. Good riddance.
  18. S

Just discovered NAD was still in business. Better or worse?

I've never seen a brand get more undeserved crap the NAD. NAD doesn't take a back seat to anyone in any market where they choose to compete.
  19. S

NAD C375BEE or Marantz PM8005

NAD absolutely.
  20. S

This one made me laugh...

I have one...and I must say....my hogs never sounded so lifelike.
  21. S

Thorens TD-115 MKII

I had one...one of Thorens' worst efforts. The only saving grace was the ver low mass arm, if you have a high compliance cartridge.
  22. S

Thoughts on Spotify's "Extreme Setting"?

Spotify is evil. Period. I hope they continue to struggle until they're gone.
  23. S

The worst piece of HiFi Equipment you've ever owned?

Sorry to hear that. I'm using one now that's awesome. I had one episode of the runaway volume control...never again in the last year or so.
Back
Top Bottom