Search results

1. nikkofan

2011 Mac Mini Dac

Thanks for your expertise.
  2. nikkofan

2011 Mac Mini Dac

Good Day, I am using a Mac Mini to play ripped CD's in apple looses format. In addition I use Bit Perfect to control iTunes. To me the sound is good.If I purchased one of the many under $50.00 Dacs would there be any improvement in the sound? Thanks In Advance, Stay Safe, "nikkofan"
  3. nikkofan

Buying a cooling fan/pad for my vintage Pioneer

Good Day, Check out AC infinity. I use the 3 fan version on a number of vintage amps and receivers. Unit sits on top and draws air from equipment up and out. Best, "nikkofan"
  4. nikkofan

Guys, I think I finally found my system.

Good Day I too have a soft spot for the OMD-5'. I use 4 in my home theater with an OMD-1 center and an AAD sub. Floor standing speakers are discouraged. In my man room, (my wife has a woman room) I have 2 systems, Klipsch Heresy and the option for another pair of OMD-5' and Klipsch Fortes' on...
  5. nikkofan

How much Dac Do I need?

Good Day, I rip CD's to a mac mini with iTunes as Apple Lossless 44.1 kHz . Currently I'm using a Schiit Modi 2. My question is, would I benefit from an upgraded dac since I'm "locked in" to the CD's restrictions? Thanks in advance, Please stay safe, "nikkofan"
  6. nikkofan

My Dac Location Question

Hello Everyone, In my original post I was very careful not to give specifics about the Dac or my setup. My goal, to keep this as simple as possible. After I posted my question I sent an email to the company that makes the DAC. I just heard back. Their response, "keep the DAC close to the...
  7. nikkofan

My Dac Location Question

Good Day, I'm about to purchase a new Dac. My question is about location. My mac mini is about 20 feet from the integrated amp. My question is 1. Put the Dac next to the amp and run 20 Feet of USB Cable back to the computer 2. Keep the Dac close to the computer and run RCA cable 20 feet to...
  8. nikkofan

Kenwood 600 Supreme Repair

Good Day, I've owned the 600 for over 20 years. Bought it on eBay. Had some work done it about 10 years ago. Regrettably I don't remember who did the work but I do remember the massive packing and shipping. I've decided to use it again and did a quick test and discovered 1 channel is currently...
  9. nikkofan

Schiit Modi II Upgrade

Good Day, Currently I have a Schiit Modi II. I've been thinking about an upgrade. I would like to stay around $200. Does anyone have upgrade ideas? Thanks, "nikkofan"
  10. nikkofan

Another Airport Express Question

Please excuse my ignorance. If the audio coming out of the express is digital and my receiver can accept digital why wouldn't that work? Thanks for your reply. "nikkofan"
  11. nikkofan

Another Airport Express Question

Good Day, I just acquired a new Airport Express. My goal is to stream fro a mac mini to my older Marantz home theater receiver. I will use the airport audio out to a digital input on the receiver. With all the limitations would I benefit from an external dac or any other interface to help with...
  12. nikkofan

Schiit Modi II vs III

God Day, Does anyone have any first hand information on the comparison? I have the II and I'm wondering if it's a good bet to upgrade. Thanks, "nikkofan"
  13. nikkofan

Schiit Modi 3

Good Day, Currently I own a modi 2. Overall I am very pleased with it. My question is besides the on-off power switch does anyone have any first hand impressions on the sound of the modi 3 vs modi 2. I have a usb port that shuts down power when not in use. I am only concerned if the sound is an...
  14. nikkofan

How or where should I put my psb Image 8C center speaker?

Good Day, I had the same issue with my new TV. I had a custom wood riser made to accommodate my Mirage OMD C-1 center speaker. Sorry I can't remember the company but I'm sure a goggle search will find many to choose from. I'm very happy with the results. "nikkofan"
  15. nikkofan

Video editing software-don't need anything fancy

Good Day, First thing you're going to need to do is digitize the VHS tapes. VHS is analog you will need to make a digital copy to input into your computer. Imovie for mac is now free. There are free windows apps as well. Canopus makes different types of digitizers. Look on eBay for used ones...
  16. nikkofan

The Sound of a new Home Theater

Good Day, It's time for me to upgrade my home theater receiver. Currently my (4)speakers are Mirage omd 5's and center is a Mirage omd c1.TV is a 2 year old LG, Marantz SR 5002, AAD subwoofer(Phil Jones) Marantz Blu Ray player. I'm looking to upgrade the sound as the most important factor. Will...
  17. nikkofan

Using my big screen TV as my monitor for my Mac

Good Day, What model mac are you using? When you say "wallpaper" does that mean your desktop? Does your computer work properly when connected to your TV? Do you have to change HDMI input on the TV? Have you tried connecting your mac to a monitor to see if it is working correctly? "nikkofan"
  18. nikkofan

Nedd Help Choosing an AV Fan

Good Day, I need to move my Marantz receiver into an existing shelf. Prior to moving it there was very good air circulation. I would like recommendations for a fan system to sit on top of the unit. I would also consider a rack type. Thanks in advance for all your help. Regards, "nikkofan"
  19. nikkofan

Upscalling to 1080P

Good Day, I need your help. I'm considering purchasing a used Anthem MRX 300 or 500 av receiver. (Both upscale to 1080P) My cable box Comcast X1 and LG TV are both set at 1080P. My question is, will the video output be affected at all? Thanks in Advance, "nikkofan"
  20. nikkofan

Anthem MRX 300

Good Day, Does any one have any first hand experience with this older unit? I have noticed their prices seem to be dropping on eBay. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks, "nikkofan"
  21. nikkofan

Home AV Receiver Question

That's exactly how My LG is connected to the Marantz. It works fine that way. Unfortunately we watch much more cable tv then neflix or amazon.
  22. nikkofan

Thanks I tried that at least 2 video frames off. I couldn't make it perfect. My wife doesn't care but It bothers me. I might be looking for an excuse ti buy a new one.
  23. nikkofan

Good Day, Currently I'm using a Marantz SR 5002 receiver. Because it doesn't have an ARC input to directly go from tv to receiver I'm looking to replace it. We watch movies about once a week. The rest of the time we watch tv through xfinity x1,netflix and amazon. My question is is there any av...
  24. nikkofan

NAD T757 setup problem...

Hi There, I was looking to purchase one. Any first impressions? Does it have an ARC HDMI input for a TV? Thanks
  25. nikkofan

Mirage omd5 Speaker help

Good Day, I was fortunate in purchasing a pair of used Mirage omd5's for my home theater on eBay. Unfortunately when receiving them the seller did a less then stellar job packing them. One of the speaker binding posts had broken off during shipping. The seller said he will pay for the repair. My...
Back
Top Bottom