Search results

1. O

Refurbished Infinity Kappa 9s - including Polydome replacements

After thinking about this some more, it dawned on me why the old domes would be muffled. If you look at the picture you can see the voice coil is exactly three inches driving the dome resting on it. The thing is that the suspension which attaches to the plastic frame and the edge of the...
  2. O

All good. I point is that they are great upgrade over the polydomes and a very good solution for those with the yellow polydomes. I'm sure Gary is honest and very knowledgeable but these are all very small minuses, maybe even on the verge of theoretical, compared to the starting point: yellow...
  3. O

It is true they beam at f = (2 x 343)/3.14 x0.0762 = 3000hz approx. This mid is crossed over at 4500hz. This is the start and off axis. This is also the case with the poly dome and the RSDS. Toeing the speaker in takes care of that if it was a concern.
  4. O

The Genesis mids have a flexible surround
  5. O

I think these have a flexible surround, not sure though. I will check and report later. :thumbsup: By the way, the RSDS's are sweet. But alas, they are rare and not available new.
  6. O

The suspension has to move as designed according to input. Too stiff and will move quicker but that could lead to cone break up - distortion. Again, just my opinion based on experience. I know the company was sold back in the day and therefore a change in speaker philosophy followed but I...
  7. O

I got them directly from Genesis Loudspeakers. If you end up getting them, make sure you tweak the level a little with the L-pad. The original polydome mid (on my right speaker) was still there but the poly material was so stiff, and yellow, including suspension, that whatever sound I was...
  8. O

As far as the edge sealer is concerned, I see why someone would say/think that. I did perform a side by side comparison with and without and didn't notice any difference. Although at that point I was half pregnant. I also performed a test tone sweep and grabbed it with a Spectrum Analyzer app...
  9. O

To goodol...thanks. They are foam surrounds, I treated them with product called foam edge sealer sold by Simplyspeakers. If your surrounds are still good them I would highly recommend doing this. I think dark walnut is a good color between a dark mocha and the original. It matches my furniture...
  10. O

So I purchased these kappa 9s a few weeks ago and I've been working on refurshing them since. Here is the final product. I wanted to share this as I know many around here have questions about the polydome mid replacement. The mids were shot so rather than having them rebuilt I purchased brand...
  11. O

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

So I finally finished my system. I think . The missing piece was the TA E80ES which I was able to buy from a guy in Germany. He did a great job packing. Thanks Rene! Anyways, here is it. Mostly Sony equipment, technics SP10MKII, Krell KSA 300S and a pair of Refurbished Infinity Kappa 9s...
  12. O

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

Work in progress. I'd like to get my hands on a Sony champagne TA E80ES and a PS-B80. Current system: Sony CDP-R1, DAS-R1, CDP-X779ES, DTC-2000ES, TC-K333ESA Apple TV3 for airplay into DTC 2000ES Technics SU-C7000 and two SL 1600MKII Krell KSA-300S Martin Logan SL II
  13. O

Technics SL-1400MK2 Autoreturn Not Working

So my SL-1400Mk2 has the new shapeways cueing part and while the cueing works great but the auto return and manual start do not. Using the Service Manual I have performed a few of the troubleshooting steps so I am closer to the culprit. I'm thinking IC401 but I am open to any ideas. Has anyone...
  14. O

Can't stand the hiss! Pre amp resistors?

Recapping is not going to change anything. These units had a poor S/N ratio. Short of changing the actual electrical design (pre and power amp section) your stuck with hiss.
  15. O

Sacrifice a Pioneer PD-93 to fix a PD-75?

I've had both, the PD-93 is much better, to tear it apart to fix the PD-75 would be like pulling the LS2 motor from a 2006 corvette to fit it into a 2007 solstice. U with me? BTW, The partstore has it for $135, you should look it up, PWY1004 .
  16. O

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

That is the X7ESD, sounds very nice. All of those 7 series CD players are incredible. Some people out there talk smack but I think they have the "too cool for school" syndrome. I had a DP-75 Accuphase and a Mark levinson, not any better sound and a WHOLE lot more money so got rid of them and my...
  17. O

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

Those are the R1 versions. I pick em up about 5 years ago dirt cheap. Thanks for the complements.
  18. O

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

Here is what I currently have. I used to have a CDP-X779ES, TA-E77ESD, STR-GX10ES, CDP-X55ES and CDP-608ESD but I cleaned house.
  19. O

Pioneer Sleepers of the 1980s

That is such a beautiful stack, I must say the A-90 is a great amp, period.
  20. O

I like it. If we all liked the same things life would too weird.
  21. O

A-91d.
  22. O

Mystery Receiver

Yeah, The Carver's are a good choice too, if I could find them.
  23. O

hey vintage this is all you buddy!!!

I say is a Technics quad receiver, still thinking about model.
  24. O

Mystery Receiver

Can't see the picture...:no:
Back
Top Bottom