Search results

1. M

Scott 350R problem with tuner meters

I could use guidance on an issue with the tuner section of the receiver. Neither tuning meter shows any movement (but they light up) and FM stations come in strong, although not in stereo. Stereo light doesn't illuminate and signal sounds like mono only. I'm not technical enough to read the...
  2. M

EV Aristocrat pair

Several months ago, I was given a pair of EV Aristocrat speakers with good condition cabinets. Components are the 12TRX woofers (not the 12TRX-B) and coaxially mounted T35 tweeters with original X36 crossovers. One tweeter is open and not working. Because they were a gift, I'd like to have a...
  3. M

EV Aristocrats - advice needed

I'm still trying (and "trying" is the way this project feels to me) to get a pair of Aristocrats back to full operation. They were gifted to me but I don't have a room to make use of the desirable corner placement. They came with the original X36 crossovers. I've kept those but built new...
  4. M

Sony DATs (2000ES & A7) - Recommendations for tech needed in Tucson or Phoenix

I'm struggling with both of these. The A-7 has recorded and played back perfectly as recently as last week (after not being used for several years) but hesitates opening and closing sometimes, as well as hesitating when Play is pushed. The 2000ES will load a tape, do some rewinding and start to...
  5. M

EV 12TRX driver- help needed with tweeter

(I posted a few weeks ago after I was gifted a pair of Aristocrats and would put this query in that thread but I don't know how to find it with the search function out of action. Advice on that would be helpful.) The tweeter on one 12 TRX measures open, so I'm ready to try a repair if it is...
  6. M

Minimus 7W - comments wanted on updating the capacitor

I was gifted a pair of 7Ws, 40-2039, with the original crossover and plan to put in a new capacitor. I have read through some of the many posts on various mods but would like to stay conservative and just replace the 4.7 mf cap without further changes. The choice for me is to put in a Dayton...
  7. M

EV Aristocrats - advice needed re crossover

I was gifted a pair of Aristocrats recently. Since I was not familiar with them, Started reading some of the AK threads. The "EV Aristocrat refurb/update" by Chadrick, from last June was enlightening but way beyond my capability. The pics show what is inside one of mine. Normally, with older...
  8. M

Video quality of TNF on Amazon Prime?

I'm not especially knowledgable on streaming video so looking for comments. Tonight's KC vs. Chargers football game is on Amazon Prime for the first time. The video quality on my TV is not impressive. My wifi speed iis not great but is more than adequate for movies. Blurring, not buffering...
  9. M

Sony cdp-ce275 help needed

Player is used infrequently but has been reliable for years. Recently, my other half placed a CD probably off center in the ray, pushed an unknown button, tray retracted but made a grinding noise and displayed "Err or". I took the cover off and tried to nudge the tray back in (It would still...
  10. M

Request for help with HP scanner - (a Hail Mary!)

Until recently, the print scan and copy functions worked perfectly on a HP MFP M148dw device. (Original owner, 2 1/2 years old device, Windows 10 (64 bit) Lightly used still with original toner cartridge which has been reading Very Low for months but printed and scanned perfectly. Now, when I...
  11. M

Scott R326 receiver issue

This is an odd issue for me but not a major problem. With source selector set on FM, output is normal thru both channels until a signal is sent thru the Aux inputs. When the signal from Aux is “live” (a Kindle using the SXM radio app), the Aux signal is heard thru the right channel but FM...
  12. M

Remote not talking to receiver - Sony STR-K740P. Suggestions?

I was given this receiver and the Sony RM-U306 remote as part of an estate clearance. I have no reason to believe it was broken and the receiver works as expected without the remote. The problem is the receiver does not recognize the remote. Remote has new batteries and appears functional...
  13. M

Boston Acoustics A-200, help with outrigger details

Have had a pair of A-200s for several years with makeshift outriggers and would like to do something that is a little more "finished". Considering outriggers from Parts Express or other source. Can someone with A-200s and original OEM outriggers, provide the overall lengths, including the...
  14. M

Numark SA-2200 fuse size help

I got this amp recently and yesterday discovered that previous owner had a mish mash of sizes for the 4 fuses, including a 15 amp automotive fuse. HiFiEngine and a google search have yielded no tech info on this one. I have sent an email to Numark, but their dropdown product choices, of...
  15. M

SAE 2800 parametric equalizer

Most of the time, I can find relatable prices for hardware, but this one seems to have a very small database. I only found 2 examples on ebay - one from France and one unit that was labelled as untested. The one I have is in excellent operating and cosmetic condition, with no detectable noise...
  16. M

Cleanup recommendations for Marantz 7 RCA jacks

I was gifted with a Model 7 preamp in unknown condition a few weeks ago and will have it started up with a variac, and help from an electronics friend in the next couple of weeks. I finished the cleanup process on the front panel but am stumped regarding the best way to cleanup the RCA jacks...
  17. M

Technics SL-1700 Mk 1 advice needed - cueing question

I've owned this Technics for a number of years and it has, and still, works reliably. HOWEVER, I noticed recently that when the tonearm is over the tonearm rest, the platform lowers when the cueing lever is lowered, but the tonearm itself, stays up. When the tonearm is over a record, the...
  18. M

Another set of AR3 speakers leaving the US

I listed my AR3 speakers here on Bartertown and on Craigslist just under 2 weeks ago. After a price drop, they did sell today to people that drove about 140 miles each way to get them. I immediately suspected they weren't particularly concerned about the sound since they brought no music and...
  19. M

MC2205 - Which taps to use for 4 & 8 ohm speaker comparison

I considered putting this on the Speakers forum but believe the McIntosh experts are in best position to recommend if a fair comparison is possible. I'm using a new-to-me 2205 with AR3 speakers and really liking the sound. Also have KLH 5s and I would like to do a side by side comparison (using...
  20. M

JVC R-S5L service manual search - Found!

I just came across this little receiver. My first check, with only limited tech knowledge, is the famous DC offset. It's measuring around 150 mv on one side and 250 on the other. Even before a cleanup, I thought I would try to get those numbers down. HiFi Engine doesn't have anything beyond...
  21. M

Seeking recommendations for garage and gate opener remotes

I just got a new car and they don't have options for factory garage door opener remotes anymore. Previous vehicle had the 3 button Homelink built in and I used/needed all 3 buttons. Now searching for a 3 button universal remote that can be user programmed to open a genie cm7600 ic/a...
  22. M

Sony DTC-2000ES help desperately needed

My Sony DTC-2000ES has finally decided to stop working correctly. I'm the original owner, bought it in mid-90s and after recording 50 tapes, have used it infrequently since around 2002. Two weeks ago, it started to stutter a little on playback (with an audible click and short pause). I used the...
  23. M

Visual evolution of music storage

I decided I should take a "group photo" of the way my music storage has evolved since the late 60's Everyone who collects music will have their own version of this, but here's mine. Moving from left to right: The 10 1/2" and 7" reels on the left are my original tapes and are approximately 100...
  24. M

Anyone using a Tascam SS-CDR200?

Trying to move some of my music from CD to a portable hard drive. Probably me being dense, but the owner's manual is almost worthless. I'm trying to dub over 1,000 tracks to the hard drive but am stopped at 999. Is there a way to put a number of tracks into a folder, or any other approach...
  25. M

Kenwood KR-7200 market price

Anyone have any recent experience with prices for this receiver in reportedly excellent condition? Thanks
Back
Top Bottom