Search results

1. publicenemy3

Tascam DA-30 MKII DAT - Need Ribbed Belt

Hello everyone, I have a Tascam DA-30 MKII that has started to give me an Error 02 code. The machine detects a loss of tension and stops the mechanism before it eats the tape, when the tape is ejected it doesn't wind back in and leaves about 3 inches of tape exposed. I think I've narrowed the...
  2. publicenemy3

Help, Archival Cassette Deck Recommendations Please!

Here are a couple samples of a quick azimuth adjustment, just as an example Sample 1: https://mega.nz/file/FTsEhLaZ#oz_EJXiPXP4PMJVzutLBsv_UACQ-zF_upH_vcZyOfKA Sample 2: https://mega.nz/file/1fEwxBRY#5aFGUcAOHQ1-VpQwv1obP3ImAvcawG8Y6Anq_EdL3rU
  3. publicenemy3

Help, Archival Cassette Deck Recommendations Please!

I'm not a professional by any means, but I've got quite a bit of experience in transferring old cassette tapes (in my case Led Zeppelin bootlegs). At this point I've amassed a hoard of over 1,200 tapes, the quality of which range from professional mixing desk copies to tapes recorded under the...
  4. publicenemy3

What are you listening to?

I too am listing to a Led Zeppelin cassette... 1975-03-11, Long Beach, Audience Source 2 Unknown Generation, Type I TDK D-C90 Cassette Nakamichi BX-300
  5. publicenemy3

Led Zepplin II...ain't what it used to be

You guys have never heard the bass distortion on Led Zeppelin II? There's distortion elsewhere in the catalog as well, but the bass/low end distortion on Whole Lotta Love and The Lemon Song really stands out.
  6. publicenemy3

Nakamichi BX-300

A little late to this thread, but whatever :D For service info you can do a little Google searching and look at the links for Tapeheads. Sometimes these Naks can have issues with the capstan motor or control motor developing dead spots. A shot of deoxit seems to be the most common fix. I...
  7. publicenemy3

Zeppelin, greatest hits?

There's also Early Days and Latter Days, available for a dollar or less on amazon.
  8. publicenemy3

zepplin album ?

Hm, I sold a US version for $20 I think. It had RL in the deadwax and also had the paper band and some of the shrink. I agree with Wes, check discogs (type the deadwax matrix into google and a discogs link should come up). As far as which is going to sound better...no idea. The RL I had sounded...
  9. publicenemy3

Flac to R2R vs 70's pre-record quality?

I use the RCA outs on my sound card (Audiophile 2496) to line in on the reel deck.
  10. publicenemy3

Flac to R2R vs 70's pre-record quality?

FLAC is a lossless form of compression, nothing more. A CD that is ripped into WAV format is lossless, about 50mb per song. FLAC will knock that in half, if not lower, without quality loss. In comparison, MP3 is a lossy form of compression. MP3s consume less hard drive space but they do so by...
  11. publicenemy3

TEAC 4300sx - Can't get tape from playing backwards?!

Shouldn't the shiny side be out? As in not touching the heads? That's how all of my Scotch reels are wound
  12. publicenemy3

Do you color your music?

The loudness switch on my Marantz is on all the time. I've usually got the bass a few clicks up in the car as well. :music:
  13. publicenemy3

Sony TC-WR90ES lacks treble...

Could be as simple as Dolby being on when the tape doesn't need it. Are you playing pre-recorded or home made tapes? And like Rey said, if it's in both A/B then there's something else wrong. If it's an alignment issue it's relatively easy to crudely remedy, although you have to take the...
  14. publicenemy3

First recording with TEAC 3340

:drool: I haven't fired mine up in at least a year. Today might be the day :yes:
  15. publicenemy3

Led Zeppelin remasters, anyone heard them yet?

Well, yeah :D Glad to see such a detailed positive review of these sets! It seems that people who actually listen to them are feeling the same way. My experience with the Super Deluxe boxes and high res audio has been phenomenal. I think Led Zeppelin II has seen the biggest increase in...
  16. publicenemy3

Quick Question

My very first guess would be to provide power to keep saved stations in the event of a power failure or being unplugged. Beat me to it :D
  17. publicenemy3

Is eBay the only source for R2R tapes?

I've bought a couple form reel-lady on ebay. 23,000 feeback, with more than 1500 positive in the last twelve months (no affiliation) http://www.ebay.com/sch/reel-lady/m.html I bought two Frank Sinatra tapes, they were packaged well and both played through without issue.
  18. publicenemy3

Hello, all I have done so far is recap it and just recently installed new tubes. I have a mic...

Hello, all I have done so far is recap it and just recently installed new tubes. I have a mic cable that has a XLR connection on one end and a 1/4 inch connector on the other. That's all I've been using. I will need to look into it a bit more. For whatever reason the signal from a Les Paul...
  19. publicenemy3

Karmices - Great Buyers Oldrum1, HankScorpio, Publicenemy3, Decatur Greg, Hrballenger

Karmices continues to deliver, I've purchased from him like 4 or 5 times now :D
  20. publicenemy3

big band tapes sound awesome!

I have three Glenn Miller reel tapes and a Benny Goodman, they all sound amazingly good. The only other tapes I have are Led Zeppelin I through III (III is 7 1/2ips), and the big band tapes sound worlds better/clearer/more dynamic.
  21. publicenemy3

Any Thrift store / Goodwill / SA tips?

Go to a variety of stores as well. There's an individually owned thrift store about 8 miles away from me that seems to always have some sweet stereo stuff. I've had good luck at Salvation Army and Goodwill, but it's hit and miss. Other than that, going often is probably the best advice.
  22. publicenemy3

Newbie Teac 4070 reel Question.

I bought one last year and got rid of it this year....that was a mistake. I might be buying another one pretty soon :D. It sounded great and was (I thought) relatively easy to work on. Keep in mind the amount of work I did on it was installing new belts. It's nothing compared to the nightmare...
  23. publicenemy3

What tape (any format) are you playing now?

Listening to a Led Zeppelin bootleg cassette, recorded from the soundboard on March 4th, 1975 in Dallas. I love live Zeppelin, especially from 75.
  24. publicenemy3

Duckhunter Delivers..

Just thought I'd piggyback here rather than create a new thread. I just received some reels from Duckhunter, they were shipped very quickly and packed very well. Great communication as well :thmbsp:
Back
Top Bottom