Search results

1. dsndblm

I might have to shut down the listening room and sell off all my gear

I'm 61 and have been having tinnitus problems since my mid 40s. I played guitar in bands for years starting in my early teens, mostly practiced in very small rooms with no ear protection. Loud sounds set the tinnitus of in an instant. Another annoying problem is onset of arthritis in my neck...
  2. dsndblm

Is this Dynaco ST 70 FUBAR?

My ST 70, along with an Eico HF-81 was pulled from an old shed that had been flooded. I stripped the chassis completely down, reassembled using the original Dynaco instructions. It was fun to build the amp as someone would have years ago. I took an entire weekend to clean all the grime off the...
  3. dsndblm

Fisher X-101-B help

That's right where my 101 B runs. It used to think it was running the tubes too hard. I think that's what the Fisher design engineers had in mind for the amp. I've had the same quad of vintage 7591s in the amp since it's rebuild in 2010. They have held up well. One of these days I'll mod the...
  4. dsndblm

Photos Perpetuum Ebner 2023, 2040 Fisher 401B Turntable

I had a vinyl engine account years ago. Apparently, they deleted my account because of non use. I tried to start another account, they are not accepting any new members. Does that sound right to you?
  5. dsndblm

Anyone have a Fisher 401 Turntable?

I'm working on a 1971 Fisher Statesman console. The turntable in the console is a Fisher 401B, Perpetuum-Ebner 2038 or 2040. The turntable has been worked on in the past and has some issues and I'm hoping to find someone with photos of the record size sensing pin mechanism that's located...
  6. dsndblm

Photos Perpetuum Ebner 2023, 2040 Fisher 401B Turntable

Can anyone share some photos of the PE 2038, 2040, Fisher 401B with the platter removed? Someone has worked on this TT before, something isn't right. Please see marked up photo with arrows pointing to areas in question. Thanks!
  7. dsndblm

Any Perpetuum-Ebner 2040 experts?

I'm working on a 1971 Fisher Statesman console. The turntable is labeled, Fisher 401. From the research I've done, the turntable is a PE 2040. I've thoroughly cleaned off old the old grease, re-greased and oiled per the Fisher 401 service manual. The PE works as it should in manual mode...
  8. dsndblm

It's that time of year again to put the Tube amp back in the system.

I use my tube amps year around. During the Arizona summer I use one of my flea watt single ended amps. They don't put off all that much heat. As soon as it cools down, its time to break out the push pull amps.
  9. dsndblm

Power "On" & "Off" Options for The Fisher 500C

I like the CL-90 type. They are easy to install, just put the CL-90 inline with one of the 120V wires from your 2 prong power plug. If you do a search, I'm sure you can find some photos of how others have tucked the CL-90 under the chassis.
  10. dsndblm

Power "On" & "Off" Options for The Fisher 500C

I use a power strip to power all my vintage gear, even though the switches are working. If you're able to find a new switch, installing a current inrush limiter will take some of the strain off the new switch contacts. Mark at Old Radio Parts might be able to help you with a switch...
  11. dsndblm

Statesman 24RX FM Stereo imbalance

Hi All, I'm doing some work on a very clean 1971 Fisher Statesman. Solid state RF circuits are not my strong point. I'm hoping that one of the experts can give me some pointers. The FM problem is a weak left channel when the Statesman is in FM stereo mode. FM mono, and all other inputs...
  12. dsndblm

What was the Fisher grounding scheme?

My second tube amp build was an EL34 push pull amp made from a schematic designed by a friend. After my first build, a SE 6AV5 amp that hummed like crazy and took weeks to quiet down, I decided to follow the Fisher 400 layout and grounding scheme with the EL34 build. I realize that SE amps can...
  13. dsndblm

Bell 2145a Tube amp - any informations?

Johnhoef Thanks for the info and clarification!
  14. dsndblm

Bell 2145a Tube amp - any informations?

I have two of the 2145A amps but only one remote. I'm curious if there was a blanking plug to allow the amp to operate without the remote? Interesting thread. I haven't had time to do much with my amps.
  15. dsndblm

HF 81 input jack question

This is my first Eico post. About 5 years ago I bought an intact but semi rough HF 81. Over the last few days I replaced all the power supply caps, wax and paper caps, little silver bypass electrolytic caps along with any out of spec resistors found in the recap areas. The little Eico is...
  16. dsndblm

Fisher 660-A Stand Alone finishing touches

Very very nice. You've given me a lot of good ideas for my 440A.
  17. dsndblm

Faceplate reprinting?

I would really like to have my X 101 B faceplate done! I've been looking for a replacement since 2008. My amp has center channel switch and no headphone jack, lower middle faceplate. I've never seen another like it.
  18. dsndblm

Question - 6AV5 Triode Strapped

Thanks Gadget Good to have you guys around. What is meant by a "bypassed zener"? I'll need to change the cathode resistor. Both will be too large with reduced B+
  19. dsndblm

Thanks Dave. Stellar advice as always. The power transformer is a 380-0-380. I'll need to spend some time with the PSUD power supply software and make some appropriate changes.
  20. dsndblm

Jack, The screens were glowing almost white. The tube got very hot, very fast. The channel that contained the tube with glowing screens is working fine with another 6AV5. The amp has a couple of hundred hours on it after the incident.
  21. dsndblm

Thanks for the info and reply George's site is what inspired me to build the amp. I did install 25K resistors in order to bring the screen voltage down. From the replies below that was not the best move.
  22. dsndblm

Over 10 years ago I built a SE 6AV5 amp. The 6AV5s outputs were triode strapped with 2 watt 1.5K resistors. Output tube plates have 350V on them. After the amp was complete I installed a well used pair of Sylvania 6AV5s, they lasted for years, no red plating or glowing screens. Finally the...
  23. dsndblm

Any Experience w Ebayer 'hifiaudio-' Need volume pot for HK A300

Very bad experience with the volume pot for my Sherwood S8000. The loudness taper stays until half way through rotation, then pot volume is inactive after that point. His junk was better than nothing as the pot in my Sherwood was destroyed when I bought the receiver. Shorty after I purchased a...
  24. dsndblm

Restored X101ST a decade in the making.

Great story to go along with the amp. There's something special about the sound of a 6BQ5/7189 amps, especially Fishers.
  25. dsndblm

Fisher volume potentiometers

I always try to give sellers a chance to make things right. The pot guy is my only negative feedback in 22 years of using ebay. 2 years ago I bought a new pot for my Sherwood S8000 and Pas2. Neither worked hardly at all. He gave me a new pot for the Sherwood but got really belligerent with the...
Back
Top Bottom