Search results

1. A

Also, I don't get on audiokarma as often anymore, if you don't mind, would you please email me...

Also, I don't get on audiokarma as often anymore, if you don't mind, would you please email me at aage@live.ca? Thanks again.
  2. A

Hi there! dnewman (Dave) tells me that you have some Quad stuff for sale. Is it still...

Hi there! dnewman (Dave) tells me that you have some Quad stuff for sale. Is it still available? If so, please let me know where you are (city)? Thanks, Aage Johansen Ottawa, Ontario
  3. A

Watts Dust Bug

My mistake, I forgot completely about the instructions to "slightly dampen" the roller. I apologize to those whose feelings were apparently bruised by my assertions. I used Dust Bugs (and Preeners) for many years, from the mid-'60s till I put my TTs away in 1985. All that time, I never used...
  4. A

Most Obscure Equipment Ever Owned

Hey, congratulations! They look pretty good, under the grills. The woofer doesn't look beat up, is it the voice coil that's fried? Even if the spider got overpowered and knocked loose, still could be repairable. It would be a shame to "pollute" them with some other woofer, wouldn't it...
  5. A

Miracord 50H saved from certain death!

Super! One trick I saw done was to add weight (gob of solder, for example) to the lighter cartridge/cartridge holder so that both cartridges had the same mass. Then the re-balancing part was not necessary. Of course, to do this, you need a second cartridge holder, something that I guessing...
  6. A

Miracord 50H saved from certain death!

Good to hear that, holmesuser01. You know that playing 78s requires a "fatter" tip on your stylus, right? Let me clarify that: you can play them with an LP-type stylus, but what is happening is that you are playing the bottom of the groove, which will result in a lot more ticks, pops, and...
  7. A

The Savory Collection donated to the National Jazz Museum

Click here for the New York Times story. Here's the first paragraph of the article for the inevitable day when the link dies: "For decades jazz cognoscenti have talked reverently of “the Savory Collection.” Recorded from radio broadcasts in the late 1930s by an audio engineer named William...
  8. A

What TT's do you folks have

Nice, but how about some photos...?
  9. A

Reel to Reel for a newb!?

Yes, and yes. For over three hundred dollars, it should come with a book. Look up the "Sound on sound" feature and go crazy making your demo. Oh, and haggle like crazy, that's a lot for a R2R these days...
  10. A

Let's see your Fisher gear!

Just sold this, after owning it for something over 25 years. I miss it, but the dollars are nice to have, too :D
  11. A

Fisher RS-1060 ??

Well, I can't tell much about its condition by the cell-phone quality photo, but I can tell you that it's one of the ones made by Sanyo. Not that it was a bad receiver, but IMHO I would say that you overpaid for it. For example, without even knowing which Kenwood you have, I would venture to...
  12. A

bit of a noob question... how many tracks can fit on a 33rpm lp?

Track pitch is also a determining factor.
  13. A

What TT's do you folks have

That TT was a watershed for Thorens, IMHO. It marked the beginning of their acceptance into "modern" hifi. It paved the way for the TD-125 by putting a great suspension idea into a unit with sleek, simple lines...
  14. A

Tuners?

Some shots of my Fisher FM-1000 that I am trying to sell on that auction site. It's tough to say good-bye to something that I've had so long, although I've rarely played. It was fun shooting it though...
  15. A

Post your photography!!

Innards of my Fisher FM-1000. Always reminds me of a downtown street full of apartment buildings...
  16. A

best car of 80's votes

Indeed. I owned two different Peugeot 504 in the day, a '72 sedan and a '76 "Familiale" (station wagon). Marvellous cars, super comfortable, great cruisers. But the King of French cars was Citroën. The DS21 was a fantastic car, but the SM could not be beat.
  17. A

Post your photography!!

My daughter's dog "Ruby". Never knew a smarter animal...
  18. A

Post your photography!!

Lazy afternoon...
  19. A

The Mid-Century/Danish thread

In these collections, do the 1960s count as mid-century, then?
  20. A

Is Shamrock 041 a 203 scotch tape?

Shamrock was definitely Low End recording tape back in the day. My memories of it are full of dropouts. Scotch 203, OTOH, was top grade in its day.
  21. A

Dead: Soupy Sales, aged 83

Dunno about "cult-like" popularity, since like most heros of young kids, he was just plain goofy. I mean, the pie in the face joke was old when Moses came down off the Mount. But he did make me laugh a lot back then. RIP, Soupy.
  22. A

aux or tape in for cd. does it matter?

In my experience, Tape Monitor circuits have a tendency to bleed signal, but it seems that you are having the exact opposite experience. "Interesting." — Spock
  23. A

Post your photography!!

Hold your breath, or dive in...
  24. A

Post your photography!!

Photo below is of a building put up in 1848, used for the first hundred years or so as a mill, and today is a private residence on an eleven acre lot, surrounding the pond you see. It's in a particularly beautiful part of Ontario, and is situated just off the historic Perth Road. It also...
Back
Top Bottom