Search results

1. AlTinkster92

LaScala driver questions

Couple of questions please, my LaScalas have K-55-M mid range drivers and I want to check on how they should ohm out. Also, K-77-M tweeters, what should my meter show on these as well. Crossovers are AA from Crites several years ago. Seems they aren't sounding that well these days...
  2. AlTinkster92

Dynaco ST-70 project

Just acquired my first Dynaco amp and have a few question please. Wanting to install a CL-80 and I think I know where it goes but knowing me, I'd better check, I thinks its between the black transformer wire and the switch correct? Pic enclosed .
  3. AlTinkster92

Dummy Loads for Dummies. what do you use?

Thought I'd throw this up there since I didn't see a thread anywhere on it. Recently obtained a Dynaco ST-70 that will be my first resto and wanted to know what you guys use? Can't bias tubes with out them. Do I need to buy some fancy setup or can I use a plain old resister? Thanks!
  4. AlTinkster92

LaScala Drivers

Hi folks, quick question please. When measuring the tweeter and mid range drivers in my Lascalas what should they ohm out to ? In other word how do I know they are measuring what they are supposed to. I already have the Crites AA xovers which replaced the AL xovers. Seems at times they...
  5. AlTinkster92

Which works harder, phase inverter tube or siganal tube?

Just a quick question , I know phase inverters should be matched like signal tubes but wondered I should be using NIB Bugle boy 12ax7's or another tube. I don't want to wear out my Amperex's prematurely if that makes any sense. I do have other tubes I can use. Amp is my Knight KG -85 ....Thanks!
  6. AlTinkster92

Interesting Dynaco ST-70

Been looking at this and wondered what any of you all have seen these before? Audio Research modified ST 70. Seems as though back in 1970 or so you could take your ST 70 to Ar and they'd "Hot Rod" it for 375 bucks which was good money back then. Thoughts??? Thanks!
  7. AlTinkster92

Phase reverse

Just a quick question, what exactly does this function do in a integrated amplifier? I always thought that it reversed the channels in a stereo broadcast. Trying to learn here Thanks! Al
  8. AlTinkster92

Willard Scott RIP

Lost Willard Scott , was a nice fellow and I remember delivering him The Washington Post early in the mornings in Arlington when I was a kid. He was also the original Bozo the clown and Ronald McDonald. He started his career at WRC TV in Washington DC RIP Sir.
  9. AlTinkster92

Technics SL D2

Hi, We have a SL-D2 turntable that's been sitting for a year or so, would like to put it back in service however the needle has come off somehow and lost. I believe. the cartridge is a AudioTechnica Where would I get a needle for this? I usually stream music but the wife wants her albums at...
  10. AlTinkster92

Speaker spikes, do I need em?

Just a simple question please, I have a set of DCM QEDs' that I like "most of the time". Being that they are floor standing speakers do I need spikes underneath them? Guess I don't understand the need as they are 40 Ib's a piece but I've heard conversation that they are necessary, why...
  11. AlTinkster92

Fisher 125AX Amplifier

Saw this today, first one I've ever seen. 125 watt mono amps. Had to share.... Pair of these on that auction site.....
  12. AlTinkster92

Schiit Multibit back from service

Hi folks, about a month ago my multibit just quit working. Bought it this past January new from Schiit. Worked fine when I got it new, then 6 months in no audio. Sent it in to Schiit, great customer service and 2 weeks later, got it back assuming it was fixed and ready to go. Note inside the...
  13. AlTinkster92

DCM QED Speaker Restore

Thought I would make mention that I finally got my QED speakers down to Longdrive03 in Arkansas for a redo and glad I did. My wife was driving thru there and dropped them off to Ken who some of you may know from the Klipsch Forum. He does great work and will have his hands full on these...
  14. AlTinkster92

Klipsch RP-280F or Heresy III's

Been looking around at new speakers, Already have LaScalas and Chorus II's. On that auction site I see the Heresy III's from a seller, new at a much discounted price. Also the same seller has new RP-280F's discounted way down. Has anyone had any listening experience on the RP-280F's...
  15. AlTinkster92

Technics SL-D2 turntable

Hi, we have a this turntable that's been sitting around and rarely used, the other day my wife was dusting under the dust cover and broke the needle off. Where and how do I fix this? I hate asking as I am in my 60's and should know these things..Thanks! PS.... it has a Audio tecnica cartridge
  16. AlTinkster92

Sansui 8080DB

Hi Folks, well my pristine 8080DB that I have owned for 12 years (bone stock) finally dropped a channel after I rotated the Dolby switch this evening. Protection light is still green but no sound out of one channel. I am of limited abilities to do anything serious on this other than clean the...
  17. AlTinkster92

MX114 and MC250 Question

Hi, Thought I would ask you Mac experts for some advise :) I finally got my MX114 back from Audio Classics with new bulbs and new glass and its a beauty. The 114 according to them was within spec so nothing else was done. I also recently bought a recapped MC 250 amp to go with the 114. I...
  18. AlTinkster92

Fisher CX and CX2

Well, drove down to GA yesterday for a visit to Dave's...hopefully he'd have some good ole home grown tomatoes I could swipe while visiting, J/K.... instead all I saw was these CX and CX2 preamps he had down in the cave. The things one must put up with these days! Darn beautiful I must...
  19. AlTinkster92

Sansui 8080DB

Hi folks, just a question if I may. Getting ready to use Deoxit on the controls of my receiver. Best way to access the controls by removing the bottom plate or reach in from the top? In particular I really need to get to the selector switch. Thanks in advance! :) Al
  20. AlTinkster92

Apt Holman Preamp

Hi Folks, recently purchased a Holman Pre amp and wondered where I could get the owners manual for it? Has anyone owned of of these and your opinions on it please? Mine sounds great until last night, one channel was weak and I think its due to dirty controls. Thanks Al
  21. AlTinkster92

Klipsch Chorus Crossovers

Just a quick question, do Chorus II's use Electrolytic caps in the crossovers or Film caps? Also wondered about Cornwalls as well, particularly the 1st and 2nd versions. I'm refering to the crossover caps from Klipsch when they left the factory, Thanks very much. Al
  22. AlTinkster92

Marantz 5020 Cassette Deck

Hi Guys, I have a fairly nice 5020 cassette deck that sounds dull when playing a tape. Thought I would send it of for a tune up and new lube etc. Does anyone recommend a place I could send it to? I don't mind shipping. Thanks in advance :) Al
  23. AlTinkster92

MX 114 and cleaning controls.

Just a couple questions for you guys. Am wanting to clean the volume control on my MX114. I called Audio Classics to ask them what they use when they receive a unit for repair or service in general. Ryan was who I spoke with and he said they use Caig Deoxit DN5. I asked about any lube was...
  24. AlTinkster92

Heresy's or RB75's.

Hi Folks, was wondering about anyone's experience with the RB75 speakers from Klipsch? Was looking to compare these to a pair of older Heresys? The RB75's are discontinued I see so thought I'd ask if anyone had any experience with them. Thanks in advance! :)
  25. AlTinkster92

Heresy Ones vs Heresy 2's

Hi Folks, going to look at a local set of HBRs tomorrow here in NC and wondered how to tell if they are 1's or 2's? Seller doesn't know either. Also, all Heresy's are 8 ohms correct? These will be a small room set if I get them and your help is appreciated. Thanks! Al
Back
Top Bottom