Search results

1. Ghoulardi

Alice's Restaurant

Listened to it on my way to work today.
  2. Ghoulardi

Looking For A Song

Thanks for the information. I don't think that Youtube helps me much. I am looking for a commercial release...album, CD, itunes type download etc...
  3. Ghoulardi

Olson RA-290 Receiver

bump...
  4. Ghoulardi

Van Halen--A Different Kind Of truth

I have always been a huge VH fan and listener. I like this album, but I certainly don't love it. It starts out really good, but I seem to get tired of it about 2/3 of the way through. It seems to bog down in some way. If I had to choose, I would listen to Chickenfoot over the present Van Halen.
  5. Ghoulardi

Pioneer knows how to make an EQ!!!

I have had that amp and that tuner since I bought them new around 1980 or so. The amp is a real powerhouse. Enjoy!
  6. Ghoulardi

I saw this photo and was SHOCKED !!!!

You should see what went on in the Bookmobile...
  7. Ghoulardi

Looking For A Song

I recently heard a song that I would like to add to my music collection. I believe that the song has actually been out for a number of years. The song is a take off of "The Devil Went Down To Georgia" and I believe it's called "The Devil Went Down To Jamaica". I can not get good information on...
  8. Ghoulardi

Another Soundstage Direct giveaway - Zerodust

Soundstagedirect.com Thanks!
  9. Ghoulardi

Realistic TR-884 8 track wont record

Are you sure that the tape is actually moving while you are recording? this is just the first thing that came to mind. Or maybe the recording head does not contact the tape for some reason.
  10. Ghoulardi

Olson RA-290 Receiver

Hello all...I picked up an Olson RA-290 receiver today and have a couple of questions. I know this unit has been discussed here a time or two. First off, does anyone who has had one of these know exactly what I need to remove to get access to the dial indicator bulb which is out? I can't decide...
  11. Ghoulardi

Best opening song- First cut, first album

Two more that came to mind as I thought about it...Sammy Hagar and Ronnie Montrose belting out "Rock The Nation" on the first Montrose album. Also, and I think my favorite, "Stranglehold" opened up the first Ted Nugent album. It doesn't get much better that that!
  12. Ghoulardi

"Finding My Way" from the first Rush album...
  13. Ghoulardi

"One" from Three Dog Night...debut S/T album.
  14. Ghoulardi

Yes sir! This would not be my ultimate choice, but crank this one up and it cooks! A trumpet players dream...
  15. Ghoulardi

Audio Stores in the 70's

I grew up in the Akron, Ohio area during the great years of HiFi/stereo exploration. We spent a lot of time at Olson Electronics, with secondary trips to Radio Shack and Lafayette Electronics. All three stores were within one minutes travel time of each other. We also had a department store...
  16. Ghoulardi

What is your "fall back" beer?

Almost any beer can make me fall back,if I drink enough of them...
  17. Ghoulardi

For those who collect everything Pioneer...

I do have a set of drink/cocktail glasses with the old style Pioneer logo. Clear glass, blue logos, about 4" tall...maybe 3" across.
  18. Ghoulardi

Remote volume conversion

Try a Chase RLC-1. Remote control of volume, bass, treble,and balance. I have them on two of my systems and they seem to work very well.
  19. Ghoulardi

Remote Volume Controller- Any ideas?

How about a Chase RLC-1?
  20. Ghoulardi

Slot cars making a comeback?

The set that I have has that same Chapparall but the other car is a blunt nose Porsche in silver with a red nose. I really wanted an Aurora set for Christmas but got the Tyco instead.
  21. Ghoulardi

Jam Up and Jelly Tight...

Down at Lulu's, you know the place. Just past MacArthur Park. There was a rally at the park. Hooray for Hazel!, they screamed. I drove down there in my Hot Rod Lincoln, but got a Ticket To Ride on the way for running a 1-2-3 Red Light. We were going to stop for some Chinese food because Rice...
  22. Ghoulardi

I searched out that Tyco set a few years back as that was the first slot car set that I ever had. I received that set as a Christmas gift in the early seventies.
  23. Ghoulardi

A few more...
  24. Ghoulardi

Did someone say Slot Cars?
  25. Ghoulardi

"Fallen Flags"- Audio store version

I grew up in the Akron, Ohio area and later moved to Cleveland. These are the places I remember from the mid 70's to about the mid 80's: Olson Electronics (also had a factory outlet/overstock store in the area) Lafayette Electronics Radio Shack Audio Hall (still have the bumper sticker"Get...
Back
Top Bottom