Search results

1. reidcc

Denon DNP-800NE on the fritz!

I'd like to circle back on my experience with this unit if I may! I went though exactly what the OP (above) went through with his unit- loss of network function and not being able to find USB, Internet(wired or wifi) and would sit there and search. When unit was 7 months old it went back and...
  2. reidcc

Just got the ifi Zen Stream

I just read that Cambridge Audio is coming out with 2 less expensive models than the CXN! The full sized AXN10 has same specs and circuit as CXN, but no display. The 2/3rd sized MXN10 will just be a smaller version of AXN...again no display. $599 / $499!
  3. reidcc

Just got the ifi Zen Stream

Hi Frank- What "service" does this use for internet radio? My Denon Streamer uses Tune-in, and my Yamaha rcvr uses VTuner. For my office system- I have a Denon DNP-800NE hardwired using CAT 6 cable on a Asus XT8 router. I no longer have faith in the Denon, having been back for service...
  4. reidcc

Anyone tried Darlington Labs preamp ?

It has been just over a week since my MM-6 has been powered on, and its been on since. Haven't done any critical listening yet, but I did notice just in casual listening while working at desk- separation and soundstage is really really good in a great way! Seems like I can pinpoint...
  5. reidcc

Anyone tried Darlington Labs preamp ?

So I got my first stereo and TT back in 1969, and in all these years I've always used the Phono connection on my receivers. A few weeks ago I took a couple of problematic LP's to a new acquaintance's home who had an Ultrasonic cleaner. The last 2 LP's I received from Speakers Corner were pretty...
  6. reidcc

Denon DNP-800NE on the fritz!

I bought my DNP-800NE new last November. It died the same as yours back in July of this year. It cost me almost $50 to have it placed inside another box with peanuts, and ship UPS next day from Mass to United Radio in Syracuse NY. It was fixed and shipped back out the 2nd day there, and claimed...
  7. reidcc

I am going to play all my RCA Living Stereo LPs...

vinyl1- I miss reading the rest of this thread. I found it very interesting, and helped boost my classical purchases! Chris
  8. reidcc

New(to me) SX-950

Many thanks Tim- I will attempt this. If it fails- it will be taking a ride for a rebuild. Potentially I gain a working unit and much bigger- a bit of experience and some confidence. Chris
  9. reidcc

New(to me) SX-950

But aren't they both pushbuttons... the 1250 as well?
  10. reidcc

New(to me) SX-950

Thank You Tim- This was one of the threads that I had found on my issue, and also a part of my reference for others jumping in with knowledge to help others through challenges with their refurb. I believe I had read in another thread of someone suggesting sending a unit to you for rebuilding...
  11. reidcc

New(to me) SX-950

Hi Gang- While reading some of the threads here at AK- I kinda got my appetite whet for an older receiver from my youngin days. I'd always been of the older Marantz and the Sansui 909, etc. In fact at one time I had I think a 2325 and a 9090db- and blew outputs on them just powering up 20...
  12. reidcc

Gear rack/stands

I am pretty limited along one wall of my den for space. For the last 20 years I've had an old one piece Bush Entertainment Center. I could only fit in a 32 inch LCD, maybe could have gone 40 inch, but I happened to have a 42 inch not being used that would not fit inside by maybe an inch. My...
  13. reidcc

classic album you only recently heard?

Yes this is a good one- take it a step further and listen to the Welcome LP! Chris
  14. reidcc

The Official *Technics SL-1200* Owners Club

A while back I changed cartridges on my M5G. I had been using a Denon DL-110- but wanted a change. I picked up a Hana EH, along with an Ortofon LH-4000 headshell. Even though the output of the Hana is 2.0 mv- I really needed to crank on the volume. I was completely blown away by the sound-...
  15. reidcc

RIP Frank Carpenter AKA fcarpcarp ;-(

WOW- I am just reading of this now. Franks generosity to this little community was huge. I've not been to a gathering in a 2 or 3 years- RIP Frank. Chris
  16. reidcc

In addition to my Let It Bleed experience back a year ago- I can go back further with Dylan...a good chunk of his catalog. A couple of years ago- I'm not even sure why- I gave a listen to a used copy of Blood On The Tracks. I now have the Multi channel SACD from Sony, the 2 channel SACD from...
  17. reidcc

Summer 2017 New England FrankenFest - June 24th in Clinton MA

I have not been able to make one of these in a couple of years- seems something else always comes up. Something this time- hey at least I'm consistent! I am sorry to hear that this is the last time at Franks- quite an impressive show! All the best- Chris
  18. reidcc

HOMC recommendation

I've had a Denon DL110 for a few years on a Technics SL-1210. I had always been happy with it- it always seemed to track well, and didn't overly emphasize "garbage in the groove" noise. Recently I felt it was time for a change- just purchased a used Hana EH with a Ortofon LH-4000 Headshell. I...
  19. reidcc

The Official *Technics SL-1200* Owners Club

Hi folks- I've had my Sl1210-M5G for a few years now running with a cheap Technics style headshell with Denon DL-110. The headshell should have been roughly 7 grams, while the Denon is just shy of 5 grams. I've had the urge to move up in both table and cart, but figured I try a cart first. I...
  20. reidcc

Almost ashamed to say it- but never listened to Let It Bleed by the Stones until recently. My first intro to them was when Honky Tonk Women was released back in 1969- I was 11 or 12. I just picked up the Abkco Clear Vinyl release of it- and just blows me away- can't believe I never listened to...
  21. reidcc

What are your favorite 5 Live LP"S

In no particular order: Allman Brothers - Fillmore East CSNY - 4 Way Street Little Feat - Waiting for Columbus Rennaisance - Live at Carnegie Hall The Band - Rock of Ages Rock of Ages is new to my liking- even though I was 15 when it was released. I never really was a fan of the Band- and I...
  22. reidcc

Acoustic Sounds, Analogue Productions, Quality Record Pressings

Not here to stir up a nest- I am not here as a cheerleader, or a Fanboy for QRP/AP/AS. I am a Customer of theirs, and YES I agree they do have some GREAT titles and they do sound GREAT. I know that Chad has been out buying up presses wherever he can find them- and he is working his butt off for...
  23. reidcc

Brrr, Winter New England AK FrankenFest get together - SATURDAY FEBRUARY 28TH

Welp... I missed it again. Maybe I need an audio makeover or something- audio just hasn't done it for me lately! Hopefully in June-hopefully not the 20th- as my son is getting married the 19th. Thanks for hosting Frank- Chris
  24. reidcc

Yamaha RX-V1070 AV, any good?

I've seen a number of 1070's going for roughly a 100 on CL. I have an 870 downstairs that I bought for real short money as the display was out. Fixed that real quick when Yamaha still sold the bulb. I ended up using on a temporary basis as my RX-V1000 had some issues. I was amazed at the...
  25. reidcc

The Record Genie

I have used David's business to clean some of the stuff that my VPI1 16.5 could not. I have taken some of my stuff to Vinyl Destination in Lowell, or to Record shows in the area for David to clean. I have a couple of pieces that it made no difference, but I have many pieces that I am amazed with...
Back
Top Bottom