Search results

1. reidcc

New(to me) SX-950

Hi Gang- While reading some of the threads here at AK- I kinda got my appetite whet for an older receiver from my youngin days. I'd always been of the older Marantz and the Sansui 909, etc. In fact at one time I had I think a 2325 and a 9090db- and blew outputs on them just powering up 20...
  2. reidcc

Newbury Comics 35% Off Sale Today Only

OK New Englanders- Its Newbury Comics 35 Anniversary!!! I have not had much good to say about their vinyl/audiophile pricing lately, but at 35% off- it ALL good. They are there till 11PM tonight- I was the first one in the door at the Norwood Store on Rt 1. Picked up 3 MFSL(new) Vinly-...
  3. reidcc

Dead Denon DV757 SACD/DVD-A Player

Saturday night we had the Halloween blizzard come rollin through my neighborhood(ended up with 22 inches). When the power went out- I could hear noises coming from my alarm clock- and thought the pulses and surging before it completely stopped were killers. Well the pidgeons came home to...
  4. reidcc

Blood on the Tracks..

Back in my younger days(I'm 54 now)- I just never got into Bob Dylan. I remember Lay Lady Lay playing when it was new- just never cared for it. Ok- so maybe when in college I didn't mind Hurricane, and I thought Dylan played on our campus for his 75 tour. It first hit me a few years ago with...
  5. reidcc

New Cartidge- Output ????'s Denon DL-110

Hi All- I have a Pioneer PL630- currently running an ADC XPS-101 Cartridge I know nothing about- except a new stylu is $28- so it couldn't have been a scorcher in its day!!! I am setting myself up to do some needle-drops- and also want to change cartidge to something better. I found a...
  6. reidcc

Picked up a Couple of Shaded Dogs!!!

At a Flee this weekend I found a couple of fairly clean RCA Shaded Dogs Beethovens 1st and 9th Symphonies, with the booklet intact, and the plastic lined inserts. LSC-6096, 1S/4S/1S/1S. I haven't listened to the 1st yet, but I DO love the 9th. Also found another Living Stereo Shaded Dog-...
  7. reidcc

ADC XPS-101 Cartridge help

Hi Gang- I have an ADC Cartridge lying around. I can't seem to find any info on it online- and ADC is long gone from Consumerland. I checked Vinylengine- and nothing there. How good of a cartridge was the XPS-101? What is its tracking force? Stylus looks ok- but is it worth getting...
  8. reidcc

Pioneer PL-630 Help...

After playing my PL-630, its quirks are starting to show. I have some speed issues, but I know I can deal with that elsewhere through Rich's excellent DIY in the DIY section. However- this is something I have not seen listed in any thread before: I didn't really notice this until I played...
  9. reidcc

PL-630 Soon to be In the House???

Hi Gang- I get to go look at a Pioneer PL-630. Supposed to have original box and manual and be real clean... I asked what it had for a cartridge, and he didn't know- only that it was the one the unit came with when new. Its gonna cost me $125, and as its still hooked up to functioning...
  10. reidcc

Can Anyone Dig "Round-Up"???

Listening to an SACD version(multichannel) of ROund Up from Telarc. I bought the original CD back in the 80's or so, and loved it. Coupla years ago they release the multi- SACD which has a rather tasteful Surround Mix. All these Western Themes and I am back in the 60's again!!! Absolutely...
  11. reidcc

Worth of Turntable??? WTB

Hi All- Local guy has some Pioneer tables for sale. A 570 for $250, a PL-12D with Cart for $60 and a 707 with Cart(no Stylus) for $130. Me thinks the 12d is high- I have seen them much cheaper. I thought the 707 might be a decent machine, but his reply back to me was(for price) was $130...
  12. reidcc

Yamaha Rcvr(Repaired???) LONG!!

Hi All- I had a thread going over in Vintage Solid State about a recevier I was(am) having issues with. It is not really considered Vintage- but didn't know where else to start(don't even know if here is ok- but it gets traffic here. My unit is a Yamaha RX-V1000(from 2002?). It had a...
  13. reidcc

Nak OMS-5aII

Hi All- Did some searching here and found some threads- I have a chance to pickup an OMS-5aII at a flea market for $50. My only concern with it is its ability to read CD-R's, and the guy said I could bring some in and play away. Unfortunately when I tried- the switch to open door wasn't...
  14. reidcc

Latest CHEEP Find

:music: Grabbed a non-functioning Dual 505-2 today for $10. The guy said it was stored for 20 years, he pulled it out of closet and doesn't work and doesn't know why. The only thing I asked him is if it was original cart. Checked it out when I got home tonight- and found the motor switch...
  15. reidcc

SL-1350 Thoughts???

Hi All- Stopped in at Interface Audio in Keene NH last night to see what he had in used tables. Showed me a bunch of JVC Y55's with the "electronic arm??" that does antiskate and damping electronicly? Just the thoughts of that scare maybe becuase I don't know enough about them. Anyway-...
  16. reidcc

Hello From Massachusetts

Hi All- I have lurked for a while... joined last month, posted in a coupla threads, and got some help in others. How rude of me to not intro... Live 25 miles north of Worcester- have had many components over the years, and am getting back into my Vinyl from 60's and 70's(glad I never sold...
  17. reidcc

Help Diagnose Yamaha RX-V1000

Hi Gang- new guy here- and hang out in the Turntable section-hope I have this in correct area. I bought this over other receivers a number of years ago based on the service life of my A-700 Amp(which is still running flawlessly) a few years ago. For over a year- the Volume control hasn't...
Back
Top Bottom